You may also like

Rate Dr. Sukhdev Gill

Dr. Sukhdev Gill's Ratings

Dr. Gill is a real piece of work.... my brother is a patient as he was the only Dr. taking on new patients. My brother had gone to the walk in clinic about a giant hole in his toe which the clinic was very worried about and felt it could be flesh eating. His test results were to be sent to his "family" Dr. for follow up. When my brother had his apt with Dr. Gill the a-hole of a Dr. did NOT tell my brother his test results, did NOT LOOK AT THE TOE - NOTHING....... just handed him a prescription for pills. My mom had gone to the apt and when she tried to ask questions Dr. Gill refused to answer, got EXTREMELY short with her and without saying good bye or anything just got up and left the room. My brother has gone back two more times and Dr. Gill is still yet to actually exam the toe. Turns out he has a severe MRSA infection and Dr. Gill simply handed him more pills without saying what they are. VERY VERY VERY RUDE, IGNORANT A HOLE. I go to an amazing family Dr. who is well known and very liked - he is very quick and to the point as well as some have said here: however, he does it in a way that shows care and concern. He doesn't make you feel like dirt for asking a question. HE HAS A HEART. You can be quick and to the point and still be a human being.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2901058].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 20, 2015

Rude and simply terrible. Can tell that he is experienced and knowledgeable because he has been a doctor for a long time but somehow failed to learn how to actually 'CARE' as a doctor in all of that time.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2851235].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 28, 2015

Quick to the point and thorough. Never had a problem in 26+ years of visits. Knowledgable and correct in diagnosis and treatment. Lucky to have such an excellent physician in Aldergrove!!!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2827009].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 3, 2015

Dr. Gill

I visited Gill with my 92 year old Grandpa, to advocate for my grandpa, especially because my grandpa's hearing is very poor. We came to ask about allergy testing, Dr. Gill said that he didn't need testing and quickly prescribed a nasal spray, as he felt it was not allergies. Sit, talk, prescribe, and out the door. I still have the boot print on my back side.
First, I understand that doctors are often overworked, and hence in a hurry. However, when someone comes to a doctor they are usually sick (duh) in pain, (duh), emotionally distressed (duh) and therefore some empathy and communicating to the patient in some way that you care is VITAL. If a doctor is having a rough day, at the least pretend or act as if you care.

Let's list some pros and cons.

Cons
- rude
- lacks compassion or empathy (which is vital in this profession where people are physically and emotionally unwell) plus... empathy goes a long way in having healthy relationships with everyone else in the world
- interrupts and does not take time to really listen and understand the problem
- argumentative/ condescending when I suggested allergy testing and did not let me finish explaining how serious my grandpa's condition was
- no social greeting
- not willing to collaborate or be open to suggestions outside of his practice/ knowledge

Positives
- was on time
- has some knowledge for sure
- hmmmmmmm..... still thinking..........

I am trying to understand why a doctor would act so rude and make us feel like we were brushed off. If there is something in his personal life that is affecting his work, then as a patient, I would advise him to take some time off. Even doctors get sick and need help!
Everyone else, I advise you to search for another doctor by talking with friends, colleagues, or families. It is far more worth it to find a fantastic doctor that is 30-60 minutes away rather than settle for a mediocre/unhelpful one that is 10 minutes away from home. This is your health and you deserve the best care!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2825027].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 2, 2015

What do you expect? How else is going to make his $800000-999000 yearly as listed in the MSP Financial Statement other than see a boat load of patients as fast as possible? He's got bills too. So keep it short and sweet, don't ask more than 2 questions. If you need empathy, go elsewhere. He's all about the $$.FYI, he makes more than the three times average general practioner but is 1/3 as good .

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2761339].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 30, 2015

People you don't go to the doctor for a social visit. You go because you"re sick. Doctors are surprisingly low paid for a consultation and they have to maintain an office, staff and themselves. They don't have time to chit chat. Having said that when my mother in law was gravely ill he attended several times to the families needs and was very informative and took the time to explain everything to us.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2736721].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 26, 2015

Terrible Dr! Should have been put out, or thrown out! God help anyone going to him! Your health is meaningless to him..dollar signs are all that matters to him! Waited 30 mins, was in and out in less than 5, so went to someone else who took the time to help me..Run, don't walk from him!

Was this rating useful? 4 [[ userState['ratings'][2729738].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 20, 2015

Very bad doctor,he is in it for the money your in his office at least 30 sec very pushy and also lied about my blood test the surgeon told me nothing wrong with my blood have a new doctor so glad so I'm going to warn u don't see this doctor !!!!!I like barb she's really nice so I give her the best rating but for gill 0

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2713889].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 8, 2015

He might be knowledgable; however, he is so rude and in hurry that he doesn't take time to understand the problem to come up with the correct diagnosis and treatments.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2575253].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 13, 2014

Terrible Doctor --- if his wife was not head/director of Fraser Health he would be in jail for a level of practice 20 times below a standard of a license -- someone ( other than me again ) needs to complain to the college of physicians and surgeons of BC -- www.cpsbc.ca Thank you

Was this rating useful? 8 [[ userState['ratings'][2552846].votes_count ]]