Ratings for Dr. Sukhdev Gill

It has taken me till now to be able to express my views of Dr Sukhdev Gill. He was the doctor assigned to my husband at the ARHCC as Dr Gill has hospital privileges there. My husband had been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer and had a bile drain put in. It was capped for sending him for a CT and then he was sent to the overflow section of the women's maternity ward as he was still capable of going to the bathroom on his own. He had a blockage so could eat very little and eventually not at all. Dr Gill left him there for 5 wks until the day I fired him! Then you should have seen the action! All of a sudden he was down in oncology. But by then it was really too late. Dr Gill had left the bile drain capped. I complained that my husbands condition was getting worse again and a specialist came (not called by Dr Gill) to check & found it was infected so the procedure had to be redone. Because my husband could not eat he lost approx 60 lbs in the six wks at ARHCC. By then he was so weak he could not function well. It also meant that because of the infection, weight loss, etc, he could not qualify for chemo to shrink the tumour so surgery could be done. The whole time he just kept telling my husband he'd been approved for surgery and he should just get it done. He never was approved. There is a ton more stuff I could write but it would fill a book so this is just the tip of the iceberg. If you ever get this doctor assigned to you or anyone you care about, run like ....! It's not worth the agony of watching your loved one die. Believe me, I know! If there was a negative number to rate this doctor it would be about as low as the chart would go. The staff was good. My only complaint was with the doctor and whoever permits him to still practise.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2016

I've dealt with Dr Gill myself. He was the only doctor that was taking new patients so I went to him. He was very rude and rushed me through my apt. I couldn't even ask him any questions and then he prescribed me some pills. My mom saw him as well and he didn't even care about her health either. He would tell her off and make her feel bad about even going to see him. My dad had him but that was because he was in Jackman Manor and that's the doctor on call there weekly. I feel my parents could have had a longer life span if he would have cared enough about the problem and gotten help for it sooner rather than later.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2016

Well it's about bloody time people said something about this guy. I wished he wasn't both our parents doctor...can't help thinking...mom would have been in better health of it weren't for him!!! I hope they pull him out. 😶😟

flag | Submitted October 7, 2016

Rudest family of doctors I have ever met in my life. They don't even think about what they are doing, I'm shocked their family practice is still up and running.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2016

12 years of excellent service for me. Helped with some serious health problems in spite of having to work at the Abbotsford hospital.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2016

Dr Gill is a rude, arrogant prick, I wouldn't recommend him to my worst enemy.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2016

I am a manager of a group home for disabled adults who have Dr. Gill as their doctor. The ONLY reason this man continues to be their doctor is because Dr. Gill is able to make house visits and these individuals are unable to go to a clinic in the community. He is rude, he doesn't even look at his patients, he makes questionable prescriptions (ie - changing a prescription for a man with possible obstructed colon from 1 teaspoon of Metamucil to TWELVE teaspoons - and no, that is not a typo!!). The gentlemen that are in my care may be non-verbal but that doesn't mean their medical needs are a waste of his time. Neither he nor his staff followed up on labwork that showed a serious problem until two months later after I had made almost half a dozen calls. Horrible doctor all around.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2016

Horrible doctor, just wanted to get his money and boot me out the door. Totally misdiagnosed my hernia, what a waste of tax payers dollars!

flag | Submitted October 20, 2015

ATTENTION EVERYONE!!! SEND A COMPLAINT OF HARASSMENT TO: College of Physicians and Surgeons of BC!!! If enough of us take a few minutes to complain and follow up on it, a change will be made! https://www.cpsbc.ca/for-public/file-complaint

flag | Submitted October 12, 2015

Dr Gill has no respect for his patients and constantly has a rude and nasty attitude. Retire already you creep!

flag | Submitted October 7, 2015