Ratings for Dr. Peter Maskens

Saved my life an beleaved me when no one eles did!!!! Amazing

flag | Submitted June 19, 2018

Best Dr I could ask for. Yes you wait a long time but he’s a busy man, that’s his job. If he needs to leave in the middle of my appointment, ya it sucks but it’s nice to think he would do the same for me if me or my child was in distress. Cheryl is amazing. Kindest lady I’ve met, she should be given an award for everything she does. The women literally dosnt stop. All in all I wouldn’t pick another Dr. I trust him 100%.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2018

To everyone that complains that he had to takes off, or your waiting period is longer than usual, waiting on him ETC... have some respect... He delivers babies and that is what he is doing, it's his job. On call for emergencies... wouldn't you want that..? And at least is reassuring that he knows his priorities when it comes to new little lives. Other than that, I find him knowledgeable, very understanding to my needs as a patient; I really felt comfortable with Dr. Maskens. Thank you!

flag | Submitted June 12, 2018

I am shocked at the negative reviews. Dr. Maskens is an outstanding doctor. He saw me through my first pregnancy and deliver and I have no complaints. He is straight forward, very informative and brilliant. For me I would rather have a brilliant doctor than one who is just there to hold my hand through everything. That's what your partners are for! And for the people that complain he is running late, behind schedule, had to leave mid appointment... he's leaving to deal with his patients who are in active labor or in need of emergency medical assistance. Its a good feeling to see him leave in the middle of an appointment because I would want to know if my unborn child was in distress that my doctor is available when I need him. Wouldn't hesitate to recommend Dr.Maskens!!!!!!

flag | Submitted April 28, 2018

Worst doctor I’ve ever met, picks his nose and had to tell him to wash his hands before he touched me!! Both times I went there, waited more then two hours past my appointment time to be seen and was rushed out. He didn’t say a word to me in the room other then when he first walked in and that was ok your having twins... He takes on every client that comes his way because he’s money hungry but can’t handle the amount of clients he has. 6 people get the same appointment time as you so you all show up at the same time and have to wait for each and every single person to be seen before you do.... If you wanna enjoy your pregnancy DO NOT GO HERE !!! I handled two visits and called my doctor for another referral to a different OB and even my doctor said they hear the same thing about him every single time so why my doctor would even refer me to him is beyond me but I DO NOT RECOMEND this guy to no one. Isn’t fair to weman going through pregnancy to be so neglected and disrespected like that.... making money is more important to him then actually being a doctor!!!

flag | Submitted April 4, 2018

Worst. Doctor. Ever. Dr. Maskins is pushy and extremely abrasive. He talks down to others in the health care field and clearly thinks as an obstetrician in Peterborough he has some entitlement. I would never recommend this physician to anybody who wants to have a genuinely kind person deliver their baby.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2018

I saw Dr Maskens for an ultrasound. I saw he had good reviews and was so disappointed! Thankfully he's not my OB. He was cold and rude. Did and said what he needed to and that was it. He was punctual which was unexpected because I was warned by a few ppl that I'd be waiting for your to a few hours, his receptionist was lovely but he was a bit of a jerk!

flag | Submitted March 29, 2018

Today I waited 1h55min for a 3 min appt. I was assured it would only be a 40 min wait at most when I got there. I found it completely disrespectful. He told me he wasn’t on-call today nor in the OR.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2018

Dr. Maskens is amazing. He is a real professional who REALLY knows his stuff. I see lots of comments about lack of bedside manner, I did not find that. I found he was not there to console me, hug me and love me but to give me answers and help me. He is straight to the point. That is what I want with my health. No sugarcoating. He is busy, but usually the best are because everyone wants them! His staff are great as well. Appointments are quick but I feel you get a LOT accomplished at them. Thanks again!

flag | Submitted January 16, 2018

Both my daughter and myself have been patients of Dr. Maskens. I cannot say enough good things about both Dr. Maskens and his secretary, Cheryl. Yes, the office is extremely busy; seems like a lot of patients are referred here and want to come here for his expertise, thus the long wait. It is to be expected. Dr. Maskens is straight to the point and has answered any questions either of us have had. Cheryl is absolutely amazing. She is extremely efficient and so pleasant and compassionate with all the patients despite the fact that she never stops, handling many things at once, and always with a smile. If you want a Dr. that is very knowledgeable with office staff that will go out of her way to help you, this is the office for you.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2017