Ratings for Dr. Peter Maskens

Worst doctor I’ve ever met, picks his nose and had to tell him to wash his hands before he touched me!! Both times I went there, waited more then two hours past my appointment time to be seen and was rushed out. He didn’t say a word to me in the room other then when he first walked in and that was ok your having twins... He takes on every client that comes his way because he’s money hungry but can’t handle the amount of clients he has. 6 people get the same appointment time as you so you all show up at the same time and have to wait for each and every single person to be seen before you do.... If you wanna enjoy your pregnancy DO NOT GO HERE !!! I handled two visits and called my doctor for another referral to a different OB and even my doctor said they hear the same thing about him every single time so why my doctor would even refer me to him is beyond me but I DO NOT RECOMEND this guy to no one. Isn’t fair to weman going through pregnancy to be so neglected and disrespected like that.... making money is more important to him then actually being a doctor!!!

flag | Submitted April 4, 2018

Worst. Doctor. Ever. Dr. Maskins is pushy and extremely abrasive. He talks down to others in the health care field and clearly thinks as an obstetrician in Peterborough he has some entitlement. I would never recommend this physician to anybody who wants to have a genuinely kind person deliver their baby.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2018

I saw Dr Maskens for an ultrasound. I saw he had good reviews and was so disappointed! Thankfully he's not my OB. He was cold and rude. Did and said what he needed to and that was it. He was punctual which was unexpected because I was warned by a few ppl that I'd be waiting for your to a few hours, his receptionist was lovely but he was a bit of a jerk!

flag | Submitted March 29, 2018

Today I waited 1h55min for a 3 min appt. I was assured it would only be a 40 min wait at most when I got there. I found it completely disrespectful. He told me he wasn’t on-call today nor in the OR.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2018

Dr. Maskens is amazing. He is a real professional who REALLY knows his stuff. I see lots of comments about lack of bedside manner, I did not find that. I found he was not there to console me, hug me and love me but to give me answers and help me. He is straight to the point. That is what I want with my health. No sugarcoating. He is busy, but usually the best are because everyone wants them! His staff are great as well. Appointments are quick but I feel you get a LOT accomplished at them. Thanks again!

flag | Submitted January 16, 2018

Both my daughter and myself have been patients of Dr. Maskens. I cannot say enough good things about both Dr. Maskens and his secretary, Cheryl. Yes, the office is extremely busy; seems like a lot of patients are referred here and want to come here for his expertise, thus the long wait. It is to be expected. Dr. Maskens is straight to the point and has answered any questions either of us have had. Cheryl is absolutely amazing. She is extremely efficient and so pleasant and compassionate with all the patients despite the fact that she never stops, handling many things at once, and always with a smile. If you want a Dr. that is very knowledgeable with office staff that will go out of her way to help you, this is the office for you.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2017

Dr. Maskens requested we come back at 28 weeks due to a hypercoiled cord. We showed up for our appt and waited over an hour. By the time it was our turn we were seen by a med student, who dr. Maskens was incredibly rude to. Once we entered the ultra sound room, Maskens asked us why we were here. We told him that he had requested due to the hypercoil cord. He did the ultrasound and promptly said everything looks normal but you don't have a hypercoiled cord you have HYPOcoiled cord. Which I replied you said hyper at our last appt. he assured me he would have never said that and I must have misheard him. He asked the med student for my records (he clearly hadn't checked them ahead of time) and my husband watched him change the previous records that said HYPER to HYPO. Completely unprofessional, could be considered mal practice. What if I was hyper and now am considered hypo? Could that pose any issue for the baby? He couldn't answer any of my questions about the situation. Rushed us out and told us to come back after 4 weeks. Absolutely not. Will never see this doctor again. Terrible terrible experience.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2017

I was worried going into my appointment because of some of the reviews but my experience was absolutely fantastic! He was so thorough, punctual, very knowledgeable and made me feel at ease. Nothing but great respect.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2017

My husband and I have been struggling with fertility issues for three years. We were refereed to Dr. Maskens 4 months ago, he has been more then helpful providing us with information and sending us for the necessary tests. He has been nothing but kind and empathetic with how emotional I have been during appointments. All around amazing doctor!

flag | Submitted August 23, 2017

An anatomy scan with Dr. Maskens was the most horrible experience i have ever had. Not only did was he behind on his patients his bedside manner was the most HORRID thing ive seen. I have had better experiences with ultrasound techs than i did with this doctor. I dont even think the doctor knew what patient was who because he was so behind. And the fact that this doctor is caring for new moms and unborn babies is absolutely ridiculous based on the behaviour i experienced. I will never go back to his office!

flag | Submitted June 28, 2017