You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Peter Maskens

Great experience in this office with both Dr. Maskens and Cheryl, except the office is way too busy. Dr. Maskens is very competent and I trust him totally. Cheryl the medical assistant is a main reason I keep coming back. She is an incredibly competent and very kind person who brought me great comfort from our first phone conversation. Not sure how she runs the office on her own where other Dr's offices have additional staff. There is however another lady in the office at times that has not been friendly at all, but she is not there very much at all. Would highly recommend Dr. Maskens and Cheryl to anyone.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2016

Reception is HORRID! She refuses to answer the phone all day. Such a cold lady. Dr. Maskens is a nice guy with lots of knowledge.. That being said he doesn't have much of a personality and has no time in his day. He's is so busy it's insane.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2016

love dr maskins but the receptionist is HORRIBLE!!!

flag | Submitted March 3, 2016

Dr.Masken's was phenomenal for my deliver experience. As many have said he is precise and to the point, little bed side manner but is an amazing doctor. My OB was actually Dr.Harrington but it was Masken's on call the night I was in labour. He decided to break my water, and ended up making the decision to have a C section after 4 hours of no progress pushing at 10 cm, my daughter was face up and not in a good position, her heart rate dropped as well but he handled everything swiftly and she was delivered 10 minutes after the decision was made. Dr.Masken's also removed the IUD I had in for 3 months with constant cramping and bleeding. At my follow up appointment after having it in Dr.Harrington "couldn't find it" and waited 6 weeks for an ultrasound, after being in unbearable pain and an ER trip Masken's was able to locate it after an ultrasound there and an internal exam. Hoping to have him for my next pregnancy as he is very calming and an Overall amazing Doctor

flag | Submitted October 25, 2015

My experience with Dr. Maskens & the office administrator Cheryl over the years has been the best I could ever ask for. Dr. Maskens is the tops in what he does and Cheryl goes above and beyond for the patient. She has called me at 7pm from the office with the result I was really concerned about so I would not worry through the night. Being the only office person running the entire office, phone, front desk, 3 examining rooms, paperwork, faxes, weighing patients, helping and comforting patients, it is unfortunate that the person below feels as they do. My other Dr. saw about 30 patients a day with 2 full time staff. If you have been in this office you realize they must see around 65+ patients a day with 1 staff. It's a wonder Cheryl is extremely busy juggling the entire operation of the clinic for Dr. Maskens in addition to all of the paperwork for the clinic and for surgeries. Can't say enough good things about them and will definitely recommend them to others.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2015

flag | Submitted October 5, 2015

Has been excellent with care, and very knowledgeable!

flag | Submitted August 6, 2015

Doctor Maskens and Cheryl are my absolute favorite I would never want any other OB for my pregnancies! From my first pregnancy also having a high risk pregnancy and being diagnosed with extreme intrauterine growth restriction (iugr ) we were monitored extremely closely and when I was rushed to toronto for a 27 Weeker delivery he had called mount sinai and I was there by helicopter in the hour. He had contacted the doctor who did the section to see how things were and even stopped by the NICU to see how we were doing when he had been there a few weeks later for a conference. All thougj we lost the baby to NEC my next to pregnancies he has remained phenomenal and I was able to carry my 2nd to 36 weeks and third full term! Which wouldn't have been possible without him and his keen sense of knowledge. He is compassionate and straight to the point (which I love) . I even moved back from Alberta so I could have him for my third pregnancy.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2015

Dr. Maskins was amazing and if I have another pregnancy I will definitely call him first. He's a very busy man, though (running from his office to the hospital, and the number of patients he works with) so his appointments were not always on time. But would definitely recommend!!!

flag | Submitted July 12, 2015

Was referred with my second pregnancy. Found him very to the point (I guess you do want that with a doctor) and slightly cold. But he is a great doctor and I was very happy with how everything was handled.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2015

Dr. Peter Maskens's Credentials

Updates

• A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Great experience in this office with both Dr. Maskens and Cheryl, except the office is way too busy. Dr. Maskens is very competent and I trust him totally. Ch..."

April 19, 2016
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "Reception is HORRID! She refuses to answer the phone all day. Such a cold lady. Dr. Maskens is a nice guy with lots of knowledge.. That being said he doesn'..."

April 18, 2016
  • A new 3-star rating has been posted. "love dr maskins but the receptionist is HORRIBLE!!!"

March 3, 2016
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr.Masken's was phenomenal for my deliver experience. As many have said he is precise and to the point, little bed side manner but is an amazing doctor. My OB w..."

October 25, 2015
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "My experience with Dr. Maskens & the office administrator Cheryl over the years has been the best I could ever ask for. Dr. Maskens is the tops in what he doe..."

October 17, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "The receptionist is awful. Never answers the phone. Literally doesn't do her work. "

October 5, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Has been excellent with care, and very knowledgeable! "

August 6, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Doctor Maskens and Cheryl are my absolute favorite I would never want any other OB for my pregnancies! From my first pregnancy also having a high risk pregnancy..."

July 15, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Maskins was amazing and if I have another pregnancy I will definitely call him first. He's a very busy man, though (running from his office to the hospital..."

July 12, 2015
  • A new 3.8-star rating has been posted. "Was referred with my second pregnancy. Found him very to the point (I guess you do want that with a doctor) and slightly cold. But he is a great doctor and I wa..."

April 28, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Almost through my first pregnancy. He's been great!"

February 17, 2015
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "Was refered to Dr Maskens from my midwife who legally wasn't allowed to order tests make a diagnosis on a pregnancy condition. He is a man of few words and tak..."

November 15, 2014
  • A new 3.5-star rating has been posted. "Went at 20 weeks to find out gender of baby was told I was having a girl well 20 weeks later it came out a boy"

November 13, 2014
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Really nice guy. Obviously knowledgeable and capable. Wait time was unacceptable."

October 30, 2014
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "I trust Dr. Maskens with my life. Very professional and compassionate. Outstanding expertise and able to respond tremendously to medical emergencies for both hi..."

October 8, 2014
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "I was referred to dr maskins once I found out my daughter would be born with gastroschisis. I read the reviews on here and was nervous because many people had s..."

September 22, 2014