Ratings for Dr. Peter Maskens

Dr. Maskens is amazing. He is a real professional who REALLY knows his stuff. I see lots of comments about lack of bedside manner, I did not find that. I found he was not there to console me, hug me and love me but to give me answers and help me. He is straight to the point. That is what I want with my health. No sugarcoating. He is busy, but usually the best are because everyone wants them! His staff are great as well. Appointments are quick but I feel you get a LOT accomplished at them. Thanks again!

flag | Submitted January 16, 2018

Both my daughter and myself have been patients of Dr. Maskens. I cannot say enough good things about both Dr. Maskens and his secretary, Cheryl. Yes, the office is extremely busy; seems like a lot of patients are referred here and want to come here for his expertise, thus the long wait. It is to be expected. Dr. Maskens is straight to the point and has answered any questions either of us have had. Cheryl is absolutely amazing. She is extremely efficient and so pleasant and compassionate with all the patients despite the fact that she never stops, handling many things at once, and always with a smile. If you want a Dr. that is very knowledgeable with office staff that will go out of her way to help you, this is the office for you.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2017

Dr. Maskens requested we come back at 28 weeks due to a hypercoiled cord. We showed up for our appt and waited over an hour. By the time it was our turn we were seen by a med student, who dr. Maskens was incredibly rude to. Once we entered the ultra sound room, Maskens asked us why we were here. We told him that he had requested due to the hypercoil cord. He did the ultrasound and promptly said everything looks normal but you don't have a hypercoiled cord you have HYPOcoiled cord. Which I replied you said hyper at our last appt. he assured me he would have never said that and I must have misheard him. He asked the med student for my records (he clearly hadn't checked them ahead of time) and my husband watched him change the previous records that said HYPER to HYPO. Completely unprofessional, could be considered mal practice. What if I was hyper and now am considered hypo? Could that pose any issue for the baby? He couldn't answer any of my questions about the situation. Rushed us out and told us to come back after 4 weeks. Absolutely not. Will never see this doctor again. Terrible terrible experience.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2017

I was worried going into my appointment because of some of the reviews but my experience was absolutely fantastic! He was so thorough, punctual, very knowledgeable and made me feel at ease. Nothing but great respect.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2017

My husband and I have been struggling with fertility issues for three years. We were refereed to Dr. Maskens 4 months ago, he has been more then helpful providing us with information and sending us for the necessary tests. He has been nothing but kind and empathetic with how emotional I have been during appointments. All around amazing doctor!

flag | Submitted August 23, 2017

An anatomy scan with Dr. Maskens was the most horrible experience i have ever had. Not only did was he behind on his patients his bedside manner was the most HORRID thing ive seen. I have had better experiences with ultrasound techs than i did with this doctor. I dont even think the doctor knew what patient was who because he was so behind. And the fact that this doctor is caring for new moms and unborn babies is absolutely ridiculous based on the behaviour i experienced. I will never go back to his office!

flag | Submitted June 28, 2017

We waited an hour and 20 minutes for a 5 minute appointment but Dr. Maskens was very polite and nice. His secretary was nice also.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2017

Amazing OBGYN he's very knowledgeable and knows what he is doing. Although he filled in for my OB who went on vacation at end of my pregnancy he made feel comfortable. He explained how my surgery would go straight to the point . If you need a doctor to hold your hand and be sympathetic he's not the doctor for you he's not very good at bedside manor he's direct and tells you how it is which was ok with me. His appointments run late I waited 55 minutes but I think his secretary overlooks she's also rude and moody and seems to not have clue to what's going on .

flag | Submitted May 10, 2017

Wonderful doctor, had such a great experience working with him for my first. He is too the point which I can appreciate and very thorough.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2017

Dr.Maskens is great but whoever is in charge of answering the phone in his office is not doing there job properly . I have been trying to call his office to set up my appointment and the phone lines have been busy for 2 days . Very frustrating

flag | Submitted February 21, 2017