Ratings for Dr. Gail Lam

Dr. Lam is excellent. She's extremely knowledgeable and is really kind. She's taken great care of me for over 10 years.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2018

I have Dr. Gail Lam for my appointed Doctor for cervical problems and after just one appointment with her I requested her and moved all my follow ups to be with her. She is funny (which i need), kind, straightforward and patient. The entire staff where I've been getting treatment is incredible and make you feel as at ease as they can. If you get Dr. Lam, you're lucky!

flag | Submitted April 24, 2018

I did have to wait a while, but it was worth it. Dr. Lam is amazing. She took time to discuss all sides of the treatment, including lifestyle changes. She is really an exceptional doctor and I highly recommend.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2017

Very pleased very helpful very knowledgable, glad I was referred to her

flag | Submitted June 30, 2017

The staff were very polite and helpful. The doctor was terrible. Didn't listen to my concerns nor try to help cure my pain. On fact she suggested I see a gp about my pelvic floor problems (which is her area of specialty). The office Manger worked hard to get me a new ObGyn ASAP. Glad they did.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2016

LOVE LOVE LOVE Dr.Lam! I was referred to her by my family doctor for my problematic period. I ended up having a total hysterectomy preformed by Dr.Lam and I couldn't have been happier with my pre op visits and the surgery itself. She also was very attentive post op with her visits. I found her very personable as well, but still very professional. She is absolutely awesome!

flag | Submitted June 25, 2016

May 2016, my experience with Dr. Lam was awesome. She is knowledgeable and extremely kind and considerate. She removed an abscess from my labia and I had a follow up visit with her.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2016

On March 24, 2016 I had a bilateral salpingo-oophorectomy and removal of a 4.6cm dermoid cyst on left ovary. This type of surgery in laymen terms is called a "partial hysterectomy". According to Dr. Lam my time of recovery was 1 week and a 4 week post surgery appointment with her. I asked Dr. Lam for a 3 week recovery time off work and she declined. Every website I have googled suggests 4-6 weeks recovery time for this surgery. I called her office to schedule the 4 week post surgery appointment and there were no appointments available until May 2 which makes this appointment almost 6 weeks post surgery. Her medical secretary was rude and unprofessional when I expressed my dissatisfaction. I would not recommend this gynecologist/surgeon for her lack of compassion and support. This has been my experience with her and will not return to future appointments with this Doctor.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2016

Dr Lam did my laparotomy and it's awesome she's nice even her staff. She explains everything that i should do after surgery.I would recommend her to everybody. Thank you for taking my huge mass out of my body i feel good and ready to go back to work.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2016

Saved my baby girls life with gut feeling. I suddenly had no amniotic fluid. I went to rockyview because i was feeling a lot of pain. And Gail was there. The other dr wanted to send me home, due to a negative "going into preterm labor" test. But Gail knew me from my first 2 children. So she knew nothing would be ordinary with me. We got in at 10pm, her shift ended at midnight, but she stayed hours beyond that, to make sure my baby was ok. Somehow I had lost all my amniotic fluid, we still don't know how it happened. There were no ruptures of the membrane. But they made the conclusion, that my baby had to be born right away via emergency c-section. Gail came to my room many times, tested me with colleague Dr Allan and Dr.Moskovich. They are a great team. They have helped me with my 3 premature babies. First time I met Gail, she asked me if I had Ehlers-Danlos syndrome, which I had never heard of. Turned out Idid. A rare connective tissue disorder, which explains the premature births, my constant subluxating/ dislocating joints. Many things in my life suddenly made sense. She immediately sent me to at geneticist, connective tissue specialist, rheumatologist, and cardiologist. I saw them all within 14 days, and was diagnosed, 10 days before my first baby was born. Dr. Gail Lam remembers details, she is attentive, very helpful. Very loving Dr. She really puts a pride being a top obstetrician. She is full of passion. If You ever read this Dr Lam. Thank You from the bottom of my heart. We live in Denmark now, we have a dr. with the same passion You have. All 3 kids have been diagnosed as well. We are truely lucky, we met You. I don't want to think about how our lives would have been without You in it. T. Nedergaard

flag | Submitted December 1, 2015