Ratings for Dr. Andrew K. Badowski

Appointments on average start 30 minutes late. The availability to contact the office during business hours is nearly non existent. They were also unwilling to answer questions on medication safety when I was pregnant, constantly referring me to other practices. Needless to say I will be looking for a new OBGYN.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2015

I appreciate doctors are in a hurry and that concise answers save all our time. However, Badowski is abrupt and doesn't answer all your questions. After seeing all other doctors in practice and being told a VBAC was possible. I attempted to discuss episitomy with Dr. Badowski. His response. I will only do a c-section. You are too heavy to deliver naturally. Actually, it wasn't that many words or that nice. This is my 4th pregnancy. I'm healthy and have a sense of humor. But, there was no talking to this man and he didn't bother to explain himself. He seriously made the decision in my 4 minute "exam" and wouldn't even expound on it. His arrogance and close mindedness is the reason I am searching for a new doctor DESPITE loving the other doctors in his practice. A nurse did assure me, he doesn't do VBACs for anyone. Great, wish I'd been told 5 months ago that there is a 1/5 chance if this Dr is on call your planned VBAC becomes a c-section. Maybe it's because he's not board certified

flag | Submitted May 14, 2012

I left this practice because of Dr. Badowski and because their was a chance that if I stayed, he might be on call and deliver my 2nd child. He's rude, sarcastic and belittling (as you're laboring and pushing out your baby). I'd rather do an unassisted home birth than trust him again. He's HORRIBLE.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2011

This Dr is very busy but he still takes the time to talk to his patients, and appears very knowledgeable. Unlike his nursing staff that are quick to throw you off the phone or out of the office. In particular, nurse Mitzi, is so impatient (and rather mean)she doesn't even want to listen to a word a patient has to say, and has no sense of humor. She gets mad if you ask her for routine tests, does not write the request up, even if the Dr requested them, you have to chase her down for them, and deal with her fighting you down. So much for patient health care.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2011

Dr. Badowski is a terrible doctor in the delivery room. I didn't mind him during the office visits, but he did not give me the time of day when he was delivering my baby. He did whatever he wanted, he overuses uncessary medications, he will not abide by any birth plan wishes and does not keep the mother informed. He also would not let me hold my vaginally delivered healthy baby right after she was born. He said I could not hold her until he sewed up the episiotomy, when asked how long that would take he said "why? are you going somewhere?. Do whatever you can to avoid deliverying with this Dr. The rest of the doctors with the practice are fine, Dr. Jensen is great, but unfortunately you cannot choose the on call doctor.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2011

I love Dr. Badowski. He will do whats best for your baby in all cases.If your the kind of person who can deal with straight information hes your man . If you want your butt kissed and coddled maybe not.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2010

All aside, if you are a whiny person do not use him. If you are a strong mom who can put her childs safety first or someone with complications this is your man. He is very child oriented. And will do what needs to be done for that child. I was about to have my third preemie. Another doctor in his office insisted I get my tubes tied because it was dangerous to have another baby. I freaked out and refused to deliver the baby unless I talked to him first. Not only did he not agree with her, but he came in and did my c-section himself on his vacation! And thankfully he did not do the tubal because they found a way for me to deliver safely and I was able to go on to have another happy healthy baby after my sons delivery!

flag | Submitted April 22, 2010

I am a patient at Dr. Badowski's practice and b/c of the other wonderful, caring docs on staff I will stay there. However, I will avoid Dr. Badowski at all costs. After 2 miscarriages he told me without much thought that these things happen and it's just "bad luck". Thankfully another doc in the practice has taken her valuable time to be interested in finding an answer to my misfortunes and do extra blood testing to seek answers. My worst experience with Dr. Badowski was when I was 12 weeks preg with #4 pregnancy and after seeing the heartbeat a couple weeks earlier, went in for my monthly checkup. He used the doppler to try to find the heartbeat and was unsuccessful. He didn't pay attention to my chart and the fact that I had already had a miscarriage at this same time. So he said it's no big deal, sometimes too early to hear the heartbeat and sent me home. Total time w/him was about 5 min. One week later I had another miscarriage. Maybe he should've stopped to take the time.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2010

OK, people, here it is. This guy nearly killed me, literally. And for those that are requesting him for future deliveries - you best start praying now that he doesn't make the same mistake he made with me. I also wanted a natural delivery without an episiotomy. He knew that and still prepped me for one so my husband reminded him. He sat there and threatened how bad I would tear, etc...I guess we'll never know. My baby was delivered without harm, I am thankful for that. But my placenta would not deliver fully so he took me straight to surgery. I bled and bled for 2 weeks after, even going back to get checked out and he told me I was "tough" and it was normal. I ended up in the ER because HE LEFT THE PLACENTA INSIDE ME. He is NOT a talented surgeon, he is NOT a good doctor and he should be put out of a job. Anyone who has multiple lives in the palm of his hands should not be "speedy". He should be thorough. Again, think twice and pray before requesting him for future deliveries ladies.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2010

This Dr. is not board certified and attended Medical school in Poland many, many years ago.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2010

Dr. Andrew K. Badowski's Credentials

• Rush Medical College Of Rush University (Grad. 1979)

HealthPartners