Ratings for Dr. Michael Mulligan

Totally closed mind. Doesn't answer question simply because he does not know how to listen!! I am told I have a swollen prostate. I am taking Flomax and it was not working that well. As soon as I started drinking EZ Flow tea my urine flow improved considerably. I asked him about the tea before telling him I was taking it. He laughed and called it garbage. I told him it is working great for me and he scoffed. The man is a jerk. He told me if the flow does not improve after the catheter is removed we will talk surgery! He hasn't even examined my prostate NOR scoped me inside to see if the prostate is swollen or the urethra blocked. There is now effin way we are talking surgery . Totally incompetent!

flag | Submitted December 15, 2017

Great doctor. Maybe not the best bedside manner, but in surgery it is the surgery that counts and he was excellent in what he did for me. Sounds to me like some of the bad reviews are from hypochondriacs who want someone to hold their hand and be Dr Phil.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2017

I wrote my review below and want to delete but I can not. I now see very well what all people all over the other reviews were saying was true about Dr. Michael Mulligan. He asked me very hard to write my review on ratemd after I had his service which was not bad at that point. Now that I post a good review saying I make my own judgments and giving him 5 stars he has turned into the bad doctor that everyone says. He doesn't answer my next questions and I now have complications and pain. He is unavailable and doesn't have the patience to answer my concerns. I no longer support my previous review underneath and wish that others would ignore it as it is no longer what I believe. I believe you should still make your own judgment but my judgment was wrong and only valid until he got what he wanted from me which was a rare good review here on ratemds. I feel very used and now think he is a bad doctor and not a very honest person.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2017

I was referred to Dr. Mulligan by my family doc and having read the reviews here I was apprehensive. I had my procedure done by Dr. Mulligan today and I am pleased with his service. He introduced himself and took the time to explain my procedure. He also the time to review other diagnostic test that I had in recent weeks. During the procedure he explained what he was doing and then explained his findings. I was not looking for a new best friend but did hope I would find a professional helpful and knowledgable position. I am quite pleased with my first visit with Dr. Mulligan and would not hesitate in recommending him to anyone else who needs urological treatment. I am the type of person who makes my own judgement rather than relying on the judgement of others. I am glad I did so it would recommend anyone reading these comments make their own judgement after meeting Dr. Mulligan.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2017

well, looks like Mike Mulligan's sunk so low he's paying to get his bad review removed. seeing that 40/49 of them are terrible that's going to cost a pretty penny I'd imagine. only came on here to make sure my review of him was stil here and low and behold it's gone. all that any future patients of his need to know is below. get referred elsewhere if you can. unfortunately the only good urologist we had is battling his own cancer. Dr. Reid was a saint and so were his staff. what a shame for him and his family but definitely for us patients. whatever happens in the future know this: Mulligan was and is always going to be a distant second to what we used to have with Dr. Ian. they're so different they shouldn't even have the same title. it should be more like Mocktor Mulligan because he's embarrassing the profession.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2017

Yeah, what they all said below AND THEN SOME! That is, minus all of the reviews he obviously wrote himself or got his family to. Even more bad because I used to have a good doctor instead of him! Poor soul! Dr. Reid will be sorely missed if he doesn't get better. What a sin! Only the good ones of course. The only good example Mulligan is, is another good example of how PEI can't get its act together and find good doctors! Or keep the good ones at least! Maybe no one wants to come here or stay because they have to work with people like this guy! Ever think of that? Us patients are the ones that suffer and I doubt many suffer more than from getting 'treated' by Michael Mulligan. And a 'treat' it isn't let me tell ya!

flag | Submitted October 4, 2017

pretty much the worst doctor I've ever seen. Zero bedside manner. Not well informed. And doesn't like any questions. Does not visit after surgery to discuss how procedure went. Pretty much impossible to contact for questions and consultations and his work is barely acceptable. Recommendation: Do not go anywhere near this guy! go to another province if u have to. He is the worst of the worst.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2017

bad doctor. doesn't care about anything but billings and getting out of the office. thinks he's better than you and lets you know it. won't spend time answering your questions. rushes through everything but is still always late for some reason. glad I wasn't seeing him for anything serious. wouldn't have trusted him.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2017

When is Dr. Reid coming back?!!! I was told my surgery would be done at the QEH but now I have to go to Toronto with my own money!!! Dr. Mulligan doesn't do the more complex cases like mine...he doesn't have the training apparently! What exactly do my tax dollars pay for? Doctors who don't bother to get trained properly? Looks like the new norm in PEI is to get the bottom of the barrel. Wouldn't surprise me. Now I have to go to Toronto without my family there because my wife can't afford to stay in a hotel for a week in downtown Toronto! You think the government's going to pay for that even after they hire an incompetent like Mulligan? I came on here to exercise my outrage at this but it looks like tons of others already have a problem with this guy. Skills?!!! Compared to whom? None compared to Reid apparently. No bedside manner, condescending and can't do necessary surgeries. Go back to school Mulligan. Come back and take my tax money when you can do your job! Or better yet, don't come back!!!

flag | Submitted August 27, 2017

My husband initially had Dr. Ian Reid who was excellent. Unfortunately, he was referred to Dr. Milligan when Dr. Reid was on sick leave. He is a man of few words, offers little information, and just recently he prescribed a drug for my husband, who has kidney disease, that could cause his kidneys to fail! I called the pharmacist immediately re the drug and he advised my husband not to take the drug as prescribed without discussion with Dr. Jones (Nephrologist). I haven't been able to reach either doctor yet but believe Me, I will. Patients are in a position of trust with physicians so they should not be so careless with their lives!

flag | Submitted August 26, 2017