Ratings for Dr. Holly Zwicker

Dr. Zwicker has been my doctor for 12 years or so and I have to admit, like other comments here, that she does have an excellent bedside manner. However, she has given very little attention to my physical ailments citing psychological issues as the cause. The problem with her theory it that after seeking a second opinion with a senior specialist he has proven her quite wrong.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2017

Dr Zwicker is a kind, funny and very knowledgeable person. She makes you feel relaxed even at stressful times. She explains everything in simple to understand terms, none of this doctor jargon. So happy to have found her.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2017

Dr. Zwicker is by far the best and most thorough doctor I have ever had. She has THE BEST sense of humour and makes my day everytime! She has been my family doctor for over 16 years now and I wouldn't change a thing! She has gone above and beyond for me and my family on multiple occasions and always follows up. Her empathy and candor are refreshing and she never talks down to you. Unlike many doctors out there who have a terrible bedside manner! As far as the wait.....well worth it....especially when you are the one who she is taking the time with. If u want to rush in and out...consider a drive through! Not the kind of doctor to rush you out without listening to you and taking appropriate action! She is extremely intelligent and should be applauded for her work!

flag | Submitted February 24, 2016

Dr Zwicker has been my doctor for years. Yes..you have to wait for her. But one thing I can say to that is that she is worth the wait. She doesn't rush you through your appointment. If you don't get her sense of humour that can be taken the wrong way but I believe if you get her sense of humour then it can make for a good visit. Someone may take that as she doesn't listen but she does..think it's her way of lightening the situation at hand without making light of the situation. She is very knowledgeable indeed sometimes even before a specialist can "put their finger on it". My one complaint if I had to have one is depending on the person answering the phone in the reception area this could either make or break your day. Needs reviewing to deal with patients in a better manner. I know their job is not an easy one but definitely some who answer the phones could be more cordial. Perhaps a course in upgrading these skills could be reviewed.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2016

I have been seeing Dr. Zwicker, how we refer to as Dr. Holly for over 12 years now. As with most doctors, dentists, appointments in general - you have to wait for the good ones. I don't think I've been in the waiting room for any longer than 30 minutes. Once in the room, she does make you feel like you are her only patient - she listens carefully and does seem to "care' about her patients. I enjoy her candor, sense of humor and her mannerism. My two boys enjoy her - she takes the time to make them feel comfortable, often making jokes to calm them down. She's quick to refer you to a specialist if it's necessary. I won't be changing doctors anytime soon and I'm very thankful that I found her - she's one of a kind!!

flag | Submitted October 13, 2015

I have been seeing Dr. Zwicker for several years now and I find that she has the best bedside manner. I will agree with some of the others that she lacks certain diagnostic skills but she certainly makes up for it in how she treats you. What she doesn't know, she will find out. I have to say that, in all honesty, she is one of the best GPs that I have ever known. She makes a visit to the doctor a pleasant experience.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2015

I've read all the prior comments most of which stem from people not understanding that when a doctor diagnoses a problem, they decide upon the most likely diagnosis. There's no guarantee that is the correct one - it may not be - it's just the most likely. And if that turns out to be incorrect then you re-examine the potentials. Fortunately, Dr. Zwicker takes the time to listen to her patients and carefully examine them so that her ratio of correct diagnosis is likely far better than most family doctors. To enable her to take that time as well as properly explain things and your options, yes, Dr. Zwicker is always running behind; 30-45 minutes is pretty common. If that bothers you, then leave one of the best family doctors in practice and find someone else who will get you in at the appointed time, not take the time to listen to you or explain things, then shove you out the door 10 minutes later. Your choice.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2014

Dr. Zwicker has been my doctor for the past couple of years and I am very pleased with everything about her. She is friendly, knowledgeable and has a great sense of humour. I have had to deal with a number of sensitive and personal male health issues and she has made things very comfortable and easy to discuss. She has always been attentive and also open to refer me to specialists and/or give me some options on treatment when she sees the need. I always leave her office feeling that I have been listened to and that I am getting the necessary and proper treatment for my health issues. Thanks!!

flag | Submitted May 22, 2012

I am sorry for the few people on here that feel the need to sound off about a bad expirience/misdiagnosis which could realistically happen to any doctor. I feel this paints Dr. Zwicker in a bad light, which, in the 12 years that I've been going to her I have never expirienced! I've moved from Bedford to Halifax to Sackville and back I've never once thought about changing doctors. My husband switched doctors to go to her and now my daughter (and another baby on the way) go to her. She ALWAYS clearly explains your options and asks you which you'd prefer. And yes, you do sometimes have to wait a while to see her. First off where don't you have to wait these days? And second, it's only because once you're in there, she makes you feel like you're her only patient. She takes the time she needs to explain everything you need to know to put you at ease. Amazing doctor. Period.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2012

Holly is one of a kind and myself and my family have been very happy with her, she cares and is thorough

flag | Submitted March 27, 2011