Ratings for Dr. O Omiwole

bAD MAN WITH NO PASSION ONLY FOR HIM AND HIS CAR and COMPUTER

flag | Submitted December 7, 2017

I have been an ex patient for two years and thankful that I am still alive. I went in for an appt one day because I just didn’t feel good and was having steady pain in my upper chest area and he diagnosed it (without examination) was reflux or indegestion problems. He advised me to go to the Oshawa Hospital the next day, at my leisure and get an upper GI series done at the lab. I said it’s so uncomfortable and should I go right away ? He lazily looked me and said “no, it’s ok to do it the next day” I felt that this man had been my Doctor for 12 years and he must know what he’s talking about. As he sat there, he was fixated on his computer screen, as always. He didn’t take my blood pressure even though heart disease runs in my family and I was 67 at the time. I went home to Oshawa and stopped and pumped gas and also got some groceries trying to shrug off the pain. That night was terrible with pain and discomfort but I finally got some sleep in the early morning hours. The next morning I went to OGH at around 10 am and I explained my symptoms to the lab tech’s. I also had a requisition to get some blood work done. I completed the blood work and was waiting to have the GI series done, as well. All of a sudden a Doctor come running over to me and said “I need you to come with me immediately to the Emergency. I was shocked as he told me that I was in the middle of a heart attack and had been for a few days ??? WTH?? I have never felt such fear in my life. After wheeling me to IC Dept by wheelchair, I was immediately checked into the hospital and was waiting for a Heart Surgeon to come and talk to me. They moved so quickly, it was amazing. My blood pressure was taken every once in awhile as I lay in bed and still in a state of shock!!! It turns out that my artery was blocked 90% and I required surgery in Toronto. Thank God that I got away from this poor excuse for a Doctor. I had been telling him for a few years that my leg was always sore when I walked and again not a concern?? Turns out my arteries in my legs are 40% blocked too (both legs) This will probably never be repaired and my mobility is very limited. All this because of a Doctor (and I use the term loosely) didn’t give a damn and was too lazy to check for any real life threatening problems. He was so quick to fill prescriptions and that’s basically exactly what he became, a Specialized Prescription Doctor. All my family called him to discuss the danger he imposesed on me but not once did he bother to see how I was or apologize for his lack of a proper examination. I hold no ill feeling towards Dr Omiwole now after almost 2 years but to recommend him for anybody interested in living a long healthy life,....Absolutely NOT.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2017

Will not do a simple refill. Wants u to come in for a 30 sec appointment just so he can charge Ohip. And then has u wait 45 min to hr past ur appt time cause he double books. Again to scam ohip

flag | Submitted October 30, 2017

He is an IDIOT/ NO VALUES/NO NOTHING?COMPUTER IN HIS FACE

flag | Submitted October 26, 2017

Got stuck with him years ago when he took over the practice of my original doctor. Never on time, rushes you out of his office, very nonchalant attitude towards any concerns you may have, and loves to write prescriptions to get You on your way. I had sufferered my whole life from very painful periods and heavy bleeding, and tried many things to fix it including ultrasounds, the pill, an IUD, taking medication to cause my blood to clot faster, and referral for an ablation, all to no avail. I finally asked to be referred for a hysterectomy after using up all my options. By this point, he had been my family Dr. for over 15 years, and knew my history. The answer I got from him was that hysterectomy is a very “costly procedure for OHIP” and that I needed to just “toughen up”, because it’s “part of being a woman, and it will only get worse as I get closer to menopause.” He refused to refer me and instead, told me it was just part of my “normal”. After that appointment, I fired him as my family doctor and my family and I spent over a year without a doctor. In the meantime, I was able to be referred to a gynecologist through the walk in clinic. I was given an ultrasound and diagnosed with fibroids, adenomyosis and was immediately scheduled for a hysterectomy. During my hysterectomy, they discovered I was also full of endometriosis, and this combined with my other problems, explained the pain and suffering I endured all my life. I am now 2 weeks post-op, and feel great. I am relieved that I no longer have to deal with a doctor who does not want to listen to my concerns, and who really seems not to care about his patients quality of life. I would not recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2017

Been my doctor for years!! Excellent service!! Staff is always so friendly and he is always so helpful

flag | Submitted July 31, 2017

Dr omiwole, He was extremely helpful & very knowledgeable. Was greeted by both receptionist and dr in a warm professional manner. Was in and out in 20 mins very punctual. Will be recommending his clinic.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2017

When I have taken the time to ask questions regarding my health, I have found this Doctor has fully answered the questions, addressed the concerns I have. I am always treated with respect and I have no complaints and will continue to see Dr. Omiwole and I hope he will continue to be there as I am very content.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2017

Worst doctor ever. How he has kept his practice to date is beyond me. He had to open a walk in clinic in addition to his family practice because he was losing so many of his patients. Someone reviewed that all he does is prescribe meds. I am in my twenties, average height and weight and he wanted me to go on cholesterol medications. Thought he was absurd so got several other opinions from various health practitioners and they didn't believe me they were so shocked and told me I am way too young and my cholesterol is fine. That is really just the tip of the iceberg. Should be be allowed to practice medicine!

flag | Submitted January 13, 2017

He doesn't listen to what you are saying. He stares at the computer screen instead of listening to why your there . He makes you feel like your just a number. I went to see him with some health concerns....I know something is wrong, because it's my body and I don't feel the same, and yet....he dismissed me. Barely listened to why I was there. It was such a waste of my time.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2017