Dr. John Denstedt

Ratings for Dr. John Denstedt

Denstedt has treated me horribly. He makes the residents deal with you the majority of the time and pops in to agree to whatever the residents plan was. Doesn't double check what his reaidents do . Prescribed me a med that had a huge risk for me for as it increased probability of an episode with another health condition. Did not provide any education about condition when I was diagnosed and told me to look it up online as they were out of pamphlets instead of taking the time to explain what was going on with me. Horrible doctor. Doesn't care about his patients at all. Go to someone at Vic .

flag | Submitted April 5, 2018

Willa is completely rude and ignorant. She refuses to listen to the patients requests and just barges ahead doing as she pleases....which does not please the patients. The entire staff are gossips who apparently cannot get a story straight but repeat the lies anyway. In fact, the whole establishment is just a business and their only interest is money If you are looking for help look elsewhere.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2017

Rude WILMA the 'receptionist' is very difficult to deal with and does not understand what services she is booking. Patients are left with unanswered questions and showing up for appointments that DO NOT EXIST. (Taking time off work, and paying for parking at the hospital) this is a perfect example of milking the system. John was able to bill the units to the government and get paid. Many complaints have been made to dr. Denstedt with little compasion about the issue. As he also does not show up for scheduled surgeries due to family vacations. (Wilma let us know why he was not present) WILMA has hung up on me on more than one occasion and is very unprofessional. Poor customer service as we all know that's what this is at the end of the day. Horrendous experience. Unfortunately for John we no longer wish to be patients and pass this information on to others in the community. John, you can thank Wilma.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2017

Dr Denstedt removed a couple of kidney stones for me. It was an overnight stay in hospital. I was treated very well by the doctor and his staff.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2017

My experience at saint Josephs hospital was horrendous. I will never recommend them and I will never go back.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2017

Dr. Denstedt is a very quiet, soft spoken gentleman. His knowledge is immense, his skills unparalleled, and his ability unsurpassed. Dr. Denstedt and his team performed surgery on me yesterday. I don't have the words to express my gratitude. He instilled confidence in me, I had no fear or apprehension and his medical opinion and skills are worth their weight in gold.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2016

I have seen Dr Denstedt three times now, and each time he hardly spoke to me at all! This first time I had a12mm stone stick in the ureter with terrible pain, and it took him a year and two failed lithotripsies to finally go in and remove it. That was a year of my life I will never get back. This year I had another stone obstruction, and although he did the procedure right away this time, at my follow-up appointment to have the stent removed, he literally didn't explain anything to me, took about 1 minute to say"look what we did" and past himself on the back and then went to leave, when I said "I have some questions" he stood with his hand on the doorknob and sighed!!! I asked him what kind of stones I had, and he guessed!!!! He said "probably" calcium because that's what most people have. He couldn't tell me what to eat or not eat to prevent them, and when I asked about a condition that was reported on my ultrasound he simply said "you probably don't have that, and if you did there's nothing we do for you anyways so just put it out of your mind". What a complete arrogant uncaring human being. I am looking for a different ufologist.

flag | Submitted March 2, 2016

I can not say enough about Dr. Denstedt. Totally professional, great staff. I had cronic kidney stones for 20 years could not have gotten through it without him.

flag | Submitted January 22, 2016

Without this wondercul man I do not know where I would be today. I am a 45 year old women who has battled and successfully beat cancer twice. There was some scarring that caused infections and excruciating pain. I was referred to Dr. Denstedt for treatment of a bloked ureter due to radiation treament many years earlier. He preformed laser surgery and everything works better than ever. I am truly grateful. I would highly recommend him to everyone.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2014

This was a referral and consultation for 21 year old male. This young man had suffered incapacitating bouts of pain in his lower back. He was seen numerous times in emerg and by another urologist. All concluded that it had to do with the kidney. Dr. Denstedt looked at the test results only after we arrived, asked the man question about frequency and severity of pain which was then 4-5 times a week and rated as excruatiating for pain. Dr. Denstedt ordered a CT can which clearly showed a blockage. Dr. Denstedt refused to communicate with the a urologist at the Mayo Clinic who had looked carefully at all test results and believed he knew the cause or at least what to do. The man was treated at the Mayo Clinic successfully to the cost of $46,000 and has a permanently enlarged kidney as the result of delayed treatment. A complaint was filed with the College of Physicians and Surgeons and did proceed to the second level.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2013