Ratings for Dr. William Barnett

Arrogant, rude and needs to retire. Doesn't listen to his patients and just likes to hear himself talk. I never complain and always try to see the bright side of everyone but this guy is a piece of work.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2017

I show up, office is vacant , no answer on phone. No notice at all is given to me. Now I have to be re referred and have a chronic illness with a gap in service. Thanks Dr. Barnett, for nothing.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2017

He needs to retire. If this is your GI, request a new referral. He has no interest in making his patients well and does not respect the patients knowledge of their own body. My only regret is that I didn't request a new GI immediately with some of the comments he made to me. Maybe I'd be healthier now. My 'new' GI has done more for my health and the mis-diagnoses than Barnett did for me in 4 yrs.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2017

I felt like he was very unwilling to try different treatment options. I understand that many drugs for IBS only help a small subset of the sample....but I think that is all the more reason to experiment until you find something that works for you. He told me I should change my life style which I had already explained I had done (drastically) with unsatisfactory results. I actually found the general practitioner at SHS way more helpful and encouraging.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2016

He was my GI for 17 years and had always helped me with my corhns disease flare ups and was amazing at getting tests booked and getting me into a room at LHSU. I'll miss him greatly as I found out he has left University Hospital. A great doctor and a person that I trusted very much. I hope I'll find someone else as good.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2016

Fantastic. He understood what my mix of symptom meant even though to me I couldn't figure out what was wrong. He ordered the necessary tests and I finally got a diagnosis and treatment for a problem that was bothering me for ages

flag | Submitted June 1, 2015

Dr. Barnett is compassionate, patient and a good listener. He seemed to genuinely care when answering my questions. He also sent me to all the right places until we figured out the problem.

flag | Submitted May 31, 2015

I have been seeing Dr Barnett for years for my CD. He is always concerned and ready to offer advice to help. The staff all seem to care and offer great advice. I had many GIs before this, and he was the only one who seemed to care about how sick I truly was.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2015

Dr. Barnett was excellent on my initial visit. He listened to what I had to say, made some notes, provided detailed feedback and he then scheduled me with his staff for a later date and that visit was even better. Helen took a keen interest in me and my Celiac Disease providing some excellent alternatives to the foods that negatively affect me. I highly recommend this Team and have great respect for their abilities and knowledge.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2014

Terrible bedside manner. Actually asked me what I thought we should do... At one point over the years he actually dismissed me because I was also seeing a naturopath.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2014