Ratings for Dr. Michelle Withers

My son needed medicine for moderate but persistent acne. She was prompt, thorough, allowed me to participate in the interview with him with me on the phone (I couldn't get away from work). She reviewed his case thoroughly, gave a good diagnosis, explained the risks and side effects of the prescription and most importantly seemed to understand the effect of acne on his life without making him feel awkward. Perfect. Thank you. PS I'm in healthcare so I knew how to prepare for the interview eg onset and specifics of symptoms, medications and products we had tried and how they worked, etc. Very good.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2017

I saw dr michelle withers a month ago. She is very professional. Straight to the point! After 2 weeks of puting the cream on my face it became clear and flawless . She is the best dr!

flag | Submitted May 6, 2017

I'm not sure what everyone else is saying but I arrived early and Dr. Withers was able to see me early. Also, her bedside manner was really good and was thorough in make sure I didn't have any issues besides the main one I went to see her for. No awkwardness really and she was really nice and answered any questions I had. The treatment I had was not insured but she was considerate of that too and offered to reschedule if need be but I didn't need to. The receptionist Trish was also really sweet as well. I'm disappointed in the people who are writing poor reviews based on her well put together appearance..what does that have to do with anything??

flag | Submitted April 21, 2017

She is mean and unhelpful. Don't waste your time waiting for her.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2017

Miserable and rude very disappointed with there service

flag | Submitted February 20, 2017

Nice, caring, gentle and polite. Coming to Dr. Withers was the best thing I've ever done.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2017

Wow. I wish I had checked this site before going to see Dr. Withers. She is the most arrogant and disdainful doctor I've ever seen. She did not even look closely at my face/scalp and suddenly started writing a prescription for accutane. I let her know I had done some of my own research and did not want to take accutane due to a history of depression in my family. I wanted to know some other options. She told me that I would pretty much have to live with my acne then, but I could try some cream if I wanted to. Made me feel small, stupid and completely hopeless. Doesn't she realize severe acne is hard on a person? It already strikes a blow to one's self esteem and then to have this "doctor" be so harsh, uncaring and in a rush. I was almost in tears when I left. She looks well "preserved" and elegantly put together, so I guess this is how she spends her time... try some empathy for your patients! Thankfully I have found a new dermatologist.. I don't expect miracles, but this new doctor helped me to find some options that are at least managing the worst outbreaks. Please do not see Dr. Withers it's like going through doctor's drive thru.. poor quality and a big rush! :(

flag | Submitted August 17, 2016

First of all, let me begin by saying this the first time I have ever written a bad review about anyone. I waited over 2 months to see Dr. Withers. The day before the appointment I recieved a call to confirm my appointment for the next day. I came to the office on time to only be told that my appointment was at 10 and not at 3. I explained that I recieved a called from someone at the office yesterday wanting to confirm a 3 oclock appointment and even told me that i could park in the parkade underground if i'm driving. I even showed her my note that I wrote the appointment date n time down. They denied that they called me about the appointment. I dont know if Dr. Withers is any good because I didnt get a chance to even speak to her but the receptionist had a terrible attitude. She went to talk to the doc and came back and told me that if I wanted to rebook it will have to be for November and that Dr. Withers says that I still have to pay $75 for cancellation fee. I felt upset and left the office. Why should I pay for an appointment that I did not cancel. Someone at the office made a mistake with the appointment time and now I ended up wasting my time coming all the way here for nothing. I'm never coming back here again. I'm sure I will find another dermatologist. The receptionist there should be fired. Greedy doctor, dumb receptionist!! 👎👎

flag | Submitted August 5, 2016

I came to her with my skin problem, she barely looked at it before describing me accutane . A few months later when I brought up the issue that accutane was making me feel upset and not myself and if she could look into other options, she basically said there is no other options after this. Didn't give me a right diagnosis or the right medicine, and was so unhelpful making me feel like there was a dead end for my skin (I have found other options since). Would not recommend, doesn't take the time to even look at skin or doing any research if her first option doesn't work.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2016

I waited 3 months for my scalp problem. The receptionist was friendly I got there on time but had to wait like 10 minutes, and then it was her student Dr. Di** screen me first. She was so rude when asking my history, and when she was asking if I have other skin problem so I told her I do have one and then she just told me immediately that I would need to get another referral for that problem. What would she bother to ask that question if she didn't expect I do have other problems? She was very impatient also, she just want yes or no answer. After that she went outside and talked to Dr. Withers finally and they came to me and checked my scalp again and just told me I will have no cure and this problem will last forever in my life. She did not try to explain what I can do beside prescribed me a $40 dollars 60 ml lotion. I have never seen a doctor that rush an appointment. She was not helpful at all.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2016