Ratings for Dr. Michelle Withers

Horrible derm. She took one look at my face and told me that I had rosacea. I advised her that my previous derm had diagnosed the redness/bumps as acne but she said he was wrong. She stated she was 100% sure. She prescribed two cream to control the redness and bumps, each over $100 each, and advised me that there was no cure for rosacea. Both cream ended up being pretty much useless (like her diagnosis). A family member then suggested an acne treatment system that worked for them and when I gave it a try, my face started clearing up. My previous derm had given me the correct diagnosis but a treatment that was not effective. Dr. Withers, on the other hand, was completely wrong.. Pretty embarrassing when this so called specialist can’t tell acne from rosacea.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2018

I waited months to get in to see Dr. Withers, and had two dermatology issues going on which I stated when I saw her. She addressed my ongoing alopecia, but when asked to look at my skin issue, which was causing me a lot of irritation told me to get another referral from my family doctor and start the referral process again. I was hoping for some resolution, and instead left the office in tears. My family doctor said it would have taken her a few minutes to look at my rash....he said he will personally not refer anyone to her again. I can handle a rude and arrogant specialists, but wasn't the reason you became a doctor was to have some compassion for your patients.....

flag | Submitted May 25, 2018

Just came back from my appointment and it would not be fair for me not to leave a review to address some of the negative comments about the receptionist and Dr. Withers here on Rate MD. I had some anxiety about going for my appointment today based on negative comments on Rate MD. We arrived over 1 hour early as we left very early from out of town and expected much more traffic than there was. My wife and I were hesitant to approach the receptionist based on negative comments we had read about how rude the receptionist is. We were greeted by a very pleasant and cheery lady. She was very polite and friendly and cheery. Not what we had expected based on reviews here. We had to sit for almost one hour and during that one hour we saw the receptionist interact with many patients on the way in and on the way out and she was nothing less than OUTSTANDING. Always please and thank you and always something positive to say to the patients. During this time we also heard her take numerous phone calls and it being a small waiting room and the fact we were sitting in seats very close to her we could hear her cheery and positive phone manners. My wife and I were totally confused and thought perhaps this was a new receptionist. So much so that when she called us down and walked us to the room I asked her if she was new. She replied that she was not and that she had been there since day one. I asked her if there were other receptionists and she said she was the only receptionist. It hurt me to bring up all the negative stuff we had read about her and how we had found her to be nothing but professional and that she had OUTSTANDING service for everyone that had come in and that we had heard her on the phone and heard how kind and cheery and polite she was there as well. We have no clue how anyone could have anything but KIND and POSITIVE things to say about this lady. The only thing we can think of is perhaps someone was not polite to her or that she was not able to accommodate someones request for a specific time or date etc? We did not ask for the receptionist name but if you read this please know that many of us APPRECIATE your kindness and cheery disposition and that you are doing an EXCELLENT JOB!! There is no way to make everyone in life happy and those that are complaining about you are simply and sadly those that are never happy about anything. As for our appointment with Dr. Withers it was EXCELLENT. She was on time and very polite and looked at the issue I had been sent to her for. I felt bad asking about other issues I had and she did not hesitate for a second to look at my other issues. Not only did she look at them but she addressed 2 of them with in office treatment and gave me a prescription for another issue. She took the time to explain what I had and the best ways of treating the issues and what to expect after treatment. She also made it clear to me that if I needed to see her again for any of my issues to just call in and she would gladly see me. Even after all of the time she spent with me she checked me over for any skin cancer as well as looked over two sites my GP removed skin cancer from to make sure it was all good. Dr Withers service was OUTSTANDING, I could not have in a million years have asked to be treated any better. I have written this review to perhaps stop someone else from being anxious about their visit to this office based on complaints here at Rate MD. Thank you both for your time today and thank you Dr. Withers for taking all of the extra time and effort in helping me and explaining everything to me. People are very lucky to be able to see such a GREAT doctor that OBVIOUSLY CARES about her patients.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2018

Always on time , helpful and I'm comfortable talking with her

flag | Submitted March 16, 2018

Had a 10:10 appntmt. on Feb. 13, and was 1/2 hr. early so had plenty of time to observe this practice, having read some very negative comments and being prepared for the worst. The receptionist was efficient, friendly, joked with me and I noticed that she dealt with the other patients ahead of me the same way. Dr. Withers was the third dermatologist I saw for my condition so didn't expect much better than from the others. She was punctual, friendly, very informative and even though it may be too soon to expect results, her prescription seems to finally be working for me. I never 'rate' doctors but felt I had to balance out the negativity with my excellent experience here! Thank you, Dr. Withers.

flag | Submitted February 26, 2018

Trish is the best, she's the receptionist btw. Dr. Withers, is the best Dermatologist. She's straight to the point, don't play games, and gives you the options straight up. I'm no longer seeing her because, well, I got the 4th strike of being late, which broke her 3 strike rule already, and the fact that Trish hid about 10 other times I was late. Doctor Withers, you are the best .

flag | Submitted June 20, 2017

After having been sent to two dermatologists for my daughter in her teens and not having a positive experience.I think I know when you find a good one. I have recommended a few people to Dr Withers as well and they like her as much as I do. I have always found her personable and thorough .

flag | Submitted June 17, 2017

I truly can't say enough about Dr.Withers AND her staff. I have seen a lot of Doctors (specialists of all kinds in the past couple of years) and Dr.Withers is *truly outstanding* in every regard. Such an incredible bedside manner! She knows how to be thorough and honest , all while putting you at ease at the same time (even if you are dealing with an incredibly stressful situation). She also has an incredible energy and is a real pro as well, quite obviously up on all the latest applications of all things in her field. Having her for a Doc gives me peace of mind, and that is really important as we all know that stress isn't good for any health issue as it can cause things to flare/become worse. Should you need a biopsy she calls you "personally either way". She is a busy lady and I really appreciate that, as often times doc's follow the "no news is good news" and only call if it's bad news. Taking the time to "personally" call her patients is HUGE to me. She is super bright and high energy, yet super grounded and a good listener. I could go on and on (and on some more), but if you are needing a Dermatologist (and I've had a few in different provinces) look no further than doctor Withers. She came as a recommendation from a friend, and I am so glad she did. Really grateful to know she is there for me.

flag | Submitted May 30, 2017

My son needed medicine for moderate but persistent acne. She was prompt, thorough, allowed me to participate in the interview with him with me on the phone (I couldn't get away from work). She reviewed his case thoroughly, gave a good diagnosis, explained the risks and side effects of the prescription and most importantly seemed to understand the effect of acne on his life without making him feel awkward. Perfect. Thank you. PS I'm in healthcare so I knew how to prepare for the interview eg onset and specifics of symptoms, medications and products we had tried and how they worked, etc. Very good.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2017

I saw dr michelle withers a month ago. She is very professional. Straight to the point! After 2 weeks of puting the cream on my face it became clear and flawless . She is the best dr!

flag | Submitted May 6, 2017