Ratings for Dr. Kenneth Gordon Makus

I have needed Dr. Makus to forward my information a couple of times and he does not . Even when multiple requests are make.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2018

I just saw Dr. Makus today. He is an awesome Dr. I appreciate his patience to my son who was crying. He was able to pacify him. Thank you Dr. Makus.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2018

Had an appointment for May 4th 2pm which was fine I booked the time of work 2 months in advance only to get a phone call on my answering machine from the reception on May 3rd to say they cancelled my appointment because I didn't call and say I was coming. I talked to reception there 3 weeks ago and had to check the date and time. Apparently that's not good enough or reception made no note saying I was going to be at the appointment. Not impressed being as I have to travel for 5 hours just to meet him and then 5 hours home again. Reception needs to be fired and they better let me come as planned. Giving all 1 star until I meet the doctor reception will stay 1 star

flag | Submitted May 3, 2018

The time Dr. Makus spent on my memory assessment set my mind at ease. His professional demeanor and kindness made for a stress-free consultation. He is a gift to his profession and has a wonderful "beside" manner!

Submitted April 12, 2018

Way to egotistical. Kept talking about all his accolades in the field of MS rather than trying to determine my specific nerve problem. Had some numbness and tingling in my hand, for which he kept talking about MS societies, and living with MS without actually diagnosing MS. Then sent me for an MRI and never called me back.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2017

I was referred to Dr. Makus and didn't have to wait long at all. He was versed on my file, asked many questions, examined and tested me during my appointment. He followed up with further information and was available for further comsult. He appeared to be a commited, knowledgeable neurologist a patient can trust.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2017

Very bad experience. No consideration or understanding of extenuating circumstances. Do not recommend.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2017

After reading through some of the reviews on dr Makus I feel that most people writing a negative review on this doctor must be going through a difficult and negative time in their own lives and are frustrated by not having an immediate answer or cure to their problem. There are no easy answers in this field of medicine. Neurological disorders are extremely complex and from my understanding some situations can take years to get an accurate diagnosis it's not as simple as turn your head and cough, or a definitive yes or no from a blood test, and as patients we need to become informed ourselves as best we can, and give our neurologists the time they need to come to an accurate conclusion. My experiences with Dr Makus have been tremendous, informative and extremely helpful .I've been one of the last patients of the day and was not rushed out, he took ample time conversing with my wife and myself and answering many questions he was very well informed on any studies I had read. Responds to emails personally and quite promptly.He was very positive personable and uplifting. And as for his knowledge, the credentials on his walls should put anyone in question at ease. As for his ego, I really didn't find that he had one at all and quite frankly someone with his education and experience has every reason to have a bit of an ego in their particular field. The staff is friendly, helpful and organized. I feel truly blessed to be in the care of suck an awesome doctor.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2017

After waiting 7 long mths to see him he told he had never dealt with anyone like me. Told me to hop up on table & take my braces off. Did some reflex presses and said, Well you seem fine to me and headed back to desk. I asked if he wanted to actually see why I was there? Completely unable to stand up, weight bare or walk without custom ankle braces & cane. "Oh my! I'm not sure why that is. I can't help you.You need a nerve study done. I dont do those." Said he would refer me to a colleague. 4 mths late still no referral sent. Saw my rhumetolgist & he sent referral. 8 mths later I seen colleague in same office. He asked why I hadn't seen him sooner? Dr Makus has yet to this day not dictated a report on my appointment. It will be 2yrs Feb 6th. Disability took 31 wks to pay me waiting for a report from him. I feel as though he didn't immediately know what the problem was so I wasting his time trying to find out. Writing a patient report should be priority so that next doctor can see what he said. 32 yr old, fulltime working mother to 28% nerve response in legs & botj ankles that roll over so far you see soles of my feet when I try stand. What doctor wouldn't want try figure out why?? Makus is who!

flag | Submitted January 28, 2016

I wasted 8 years seeing Dr. Makus,. He was ill informed about M. S. research going on in Edmonton, although I wanted to participate in any studies available. Wait times to see him could often be two hours after appointment times. Despite telling me he would be available if I had problems, his staff would not get me in any sooner than four months after I phoned. He's a nice person but when I saw him and the conversation was as much about him and his family, their home life and personal problems, it wasn't for me. I found his office disorganized and he was not on top of my care (not knowing when I saw him last, or had an M.R.I.) Oh and I did get much better care after changing Doctors and am now in two clinical studies.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2015