Ratings for Dr. Kenneth Gordon Makus

After waiting 7 long mths to see him he told he had never dealt with anyone like me. Told me to hop up on table & take my braces off. Did some reflex presses and said, Well you seem fine to me and headed back to desk. I asked if he wanted to actually see why I was there? Completely unable to stand up, weight bare or walk without custom ankle braces & cane. "Oh my! I'm not sure why that is. I can't help you.You need a nerve study done. I dont do those." Said he would refer me to a colleague. 4 mths late still no referral sent. Saw my rhumetolgist & he sent referral. 8 mths later I seen colleague in same office. He asked why I hadn't seen him sooner? Dr Makus has yet to this day not dictated a report on my appointment. It will be 2yrs Feb 6th. Disability took 31 wks to pay me waiting for a report from him. I feel as though he didn't immediately know what the problem was so I wasting his time trying to find out. Writing a patient report should be priority so that next doctor can see what he said. 32 yr old, fulltime working mother to 28% nerve response in legs & botj ankles that roll over so far you see soles of my feet when I try stand. What doctor wouldn't want try figure out why?? Makus is who!

flag | Submitted January 28, 2016

I wasted 8 years seeing Dr. Makus,. He was ill informed about M. S. research going on in Edmonton, although I wanted to participate in any studies available. Wait times to see him could often be two hours after appointment times. Despite telling me he would be available if I had problems, his staff would not get me in any sooner than four months after I phoned. He's a nice person but when I saw him and the conversation was as much about him and his family, their home life and personal problems, it wasn't for me. I found his office disorganized and he was not on top of my care (not knowing when I saw him last, or had an M.R.I.) Oh and I did get much better care after changing Doctors and am now in two clinical studies.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2015

By far Dr Makus is number 1 in my books. He us always available to his patients. He is kind, caring and knowledgeable. I have no idea where I would be today if it wasn't for him.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2015

Dr. Makus is fabulous and very attentive. He truly wants to help you get well. He gives you all your options so you can make an informed decision. Very knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2015

We had seen another neurologist prior to seeing dr. Makus that provided no help at all as to some solutions or options for the problems we were facing. After our appointment with Dr. Makus we walked away with so much more information, knowledge and a sense of progress. THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH!

flag | Submitted February 23, 2015

I really like going to Dr. Makus for my neurology issues. He is very well-informed, humourous, unpretentious, and looks after you. He doesn't just write a prescription and send you on your way - he checks you out to make sure things are the way they are supposed to be and will take the time to explain.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2014

Amazing Dr! I have been seeing him for 10+ years for my epilepsy. I would recommend him to anyone with epilepsy.

flag | Submitted September 5, 2014

Finally! A doctor who listens to me. Dr. Makus is thorough. He takes time to listen and explain. His staff are always very kind and caring.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2014

I was diagnosed with epilepsy after a major head injury many years ago but wasn't until the last 2 years it steadily got worse . 2012 became the year nightmares were made seizures slamming my body not stop. tons of doctors and specialists couldn't figure them . I had lost all hope they would ever fix me ... until dr makus called said his colleagues referred my case to him. I had nothing left to lose . within 2 appointments he hospitalized me for observation. Witnessed my seizures first hand and within a few days called me back with my new care plan. He has tried a relatively new medicine for epilepsy and weened me off those horrible dilantin pills . Its been one month and one day since my last seizure a feat I never thought could be achieved . HE IS MY MIRACLE MAKER

flag | Submitted January 15, 2013

He is amazing! I struggle with anxiety when on doctor appointment but not one did I feel uncomfortable during my visit. He has a great personality, very welcoming and relaxed. He is very professional, knowlegable, informative and pacient, if he didn't have an answer to a question he would say so and take the time right then and there to find an answer. He takes time to listen to everything that your experiencing before he comes to concussions and is very thorough! I highly recommend him!!!

flag | Submitted March 21, 2012