fixed my scaphoid and left almost no scar after a pin was installed. it is 100% i have beat on it for over 10 years and it is still awesome! thank you!!! now i need the other wrist done!

flag | Submitted January 16, 2016

I have recently had surgery by Dr. Wells and couldn't be happier. I found Dr, Wells to be professional and I immediately felt at ease with him. He answered all my questions and was not in a rush, as some physicians can be. My surgery was booked shortly thereafter and the front office staff were beyond helpful. Kelly was very competent and I felt I was in good hands. She even called me earlier than expected with the time of my surgery and to reassure me that all would be well and the call her at anytime if I had any questions. Surgery was done at the Squamish General Hospital. It is a lovely place and all the staff were truly amazing. I would not hesitate to go there again for any health issue.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2015

Dr Wells himself is a decent enough guy. Not very warm or chatty, and a little dismissive and distant, but he's a surgeon and that's how they often are. It's OK. But my experience with one of his staff was so terrible, that I need to contribute it to this site. It was either that, or file a formal complaint with the health authority. And this method is quicker for me and I believe more efficient at creating public accountability. Kelly (his MOA I assume) was rude and condescending to me when I called to ask a simple clarifying question about my procedure. She jumped right to being defensive and combative and blamed my GP's referral (inaccurately). I was calm and attempted to re-explain, but she refused to listen to my actual question and insisted on scheduling a second assessment. This strained my relationship with Dr Wells, as once we were in this 2nd appointment together, neither of us felt it had been necessary to schedule the appointment to answer my simple question about the procedure. The actual surgery went OK - and while the results haven't been entirely ideal (I've lost sensation at the incision site), it's been an improvement. The staff at St Paul's Hospital were very warm and friendly and the attending nurse really put me at ease during the procedure. After the surgery, Dr Wells verbally gave me a few post-surgical instructions and, after answering a couple of my anesthetic-garbled questions, sent me on my way. There really wasn't much follow up care needed, so he made a joke about not wanting to see me again - but honestly, I was already too uncomfortable to call his office for follow up after how I'd been treated by Kelly, even if I had needed it. Kelly's behaviour was just so egregiously inappropriate I couldn't keep it to myself: from being rude and condescending, to dispensing unqualified and speculative medical advice, to blaming my GP, to insisting on scheduling an unnecessary appointment (and then telling me the wrong date over the phone). I know other people have had good experiences there, and the rest of the staff seemed honestly quite apologetic for her behaviour. But Kelly greatly and negatively impacted my experience of surgery, my relationship with Dr Wells, and how helpful I was able to find his care. I felt an obligation to share my experiences, as I hope that it might provide impetus for improvements - or at least help others know what to expect.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2015

I had implants done by Dr. Wells, he really took the time to find out exactly what I was looking to achieve & gave me suggestions based on my body type & wants. My appointment did not feel rushed at all & all my questions were answered during my appointment. After my procedure I spoke on the phone & via email with Dr. Wells, he contained to check up on me & answer my recovery questions. All the staff were extremely friendly & non judgmental. If I get anything else done in the future I would definitely go back to Dr. Wells!

flag | Submitted May 23, 2015

I saw Dr. Wells for a finger injury. My family doctor did not let me finish the story of how it was injured and dismissed what I thought was the cause. Dr. Wells listened to the whole story and then corrected my family doctor's diagnosis. Was very impressed with Dr. Wells' ability to listen and process information in a complete fashion.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2015

I had a serious motorcycle accident 2 years ago and was operated on by Dr. Wells and his team. They realined and wired my broken jaw, repaired and reconstructed fractures in my left cheek area, and put a permanent and semi permanent bolt in both of my dislocated thumbs. The entire operation took 7 hours and I was out of the hospital a little over 24 hours later and well on my way to recovery and working with my hands 7 months later. I have always been grateful for Dr. Wells' professional and kind manner before and after the surgury as well as the quality work that he and his team performed. At no time has my jaw ever seemed less than perfectly straight and I have had no further problems after the fact. I can't reccomend Dr. Wells and his team highly enough!

flag | Submitted August 27, 2014

I had extensive surgery done by Dr Wells in June and I found not only his staff very friendly and helpful but him as well. I understood going in that he is a busy doctor and is only in my city on certain days so I made sure that I had all my questions ready for my appointments. Surgery went off without a problem (very happy with the results) and follow ups as well.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2014

I would never come back to visit Dr.Neil Wells Office anymore because of very unprofessional and rude behaviour of his receptionist. She does not treat all people same way. Thank you Doctor but you need someone professional and nice there!

flag | Submitted January 16, 2014

WCB billed $850. for me to go to NEIL WELLS office, with my seven wrist injuries. I complained that the wait time too long, could a somehow not possibly get a sooner appointment?! The 'manager' there FURIOUS at my request. She escalated my request to an argument :( Dr. Neil Wells refused to actually help me after that. He looked at my wrists for less than two minutes. He then told me he couldn't help me and asked me to leave. I was HORRIFIED. I told him I had seven wrist injuries and was actually there for his HELP! *But that would have affected his success rating and so he just asked me to leave instead. I wrote to St. Paul's Hospital Ethics Committee about this complaint. *They to date haven't bothered to respond. It took me over a year to find another wrist specialist whom did at least trim back the torn ligaments; *Dr. Neil Wells 'decided I didn't deserve' that. J- = JAIL,

flag | Submitted December 30, 2013

I had implants removed and my breasts lifted by Dr. Wells and he did a fantastic job. I got the implants years ago after breastfeeding and weight gain/loss caused my breasts to sag. They were extremely big and saggy by the time I took the implants out. I am glad to have the weight of the implants gone -- I really noticed a difference when exercising. He is a great doctor. They look wonderful and I am very happy with the results.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2013

Dr. Neil J. Wells's Credentials

MSP/BC Med
Workers Comp

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "fixed my scaphoid and left almost no scar after a pin was installed. it is 100% i have beat on it for over 10 years and it is still awesome! thank you!!! now i ..."

January 16, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have recently had surgery by Dr. Wells and couldn't be happier. I found Dr, Wells to be professional and I immediately felt at ease with him. He answered al..."

September 26, 2015
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "Dr Wells himself is a decent enough guy. Not very warm or chatty, and a little dismissive and distant, but he's a surgeon and that's how they often are. It's OK..."

August 31, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had implants done by Dr. Wells, he really took the time to find out exactly what I was looking to achieve & gave me suggestions based on my body type & wants...."

May 23, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I saw Dr. Wells for a finger injury. My family doctor did not let me finish the story of how it was injured and dismissed what I thought was the cause. Dr. Well..."

January 17, 2015