Ratings for Dr. Neil J. Wells

He is just a great doctor....did my breast reduction. Could not be happier. The results are excellent. He is very easy to talk to and explained everything to me in a way that i understood it all, not all dr talk....His staff are very friendly, returned all my calls quickly. I would not hesitate to recommend him as a surgeon.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2016

I had a breast reduction by Dr. Wells over a year ago. My breasts look great. I am so happy. My scars can barely be seen. The shape and size is perfect for my shape. Dr. Wells was very easy to talk to...answered all of my questions. He staff are very friendly. Easy to reach on the phone and always call back right away. Kelly even answered my email questions on the weekend. I would recommend him highly. I am saving up for a tummy tuck and Dr. Wells is the only one I would have do it.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2016

I have had 3 skin cancers taken off by Dr. Wells. All have been on my face...he did a fantastic job.....the scars are almost invisible...this guys is an artist. The office was great...from referral from by dermatologist to seeing him was less than two weeks and his staff were so great. Friendly and very efficient.....

flag | Submitted October 12, 2016

He did my eyelid surgery. Results are great. I look 15 years younger...He is very easy dr to talk to, asnwered all my questions, never rushed. this guy knows his stuff. Staff are super friendly and made my whole expeirence a pleasure. would not hesitate to recommend Dr. Wells to anyone.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2016

He did my tummy tuck. Could not be happier....he answered all my questions, was very easy to talk to and was always available to me after my surgery. His staff is great. Kelly was extremely helpful and made it such an easy process. Thanks so much...what a great doc

flag | Submitted September 27, 2016

My surgery appointment was booked on Aug 18, 2016 by my family doctor, Dr. Francis Ho after the initial appointment conducted in Feb this year. I went to see Dr. Well about my trickle figure back in Feb this year. He advised me to give another shot of cortisone to see if it can help. So, I listened to the expertise. He also said if it did not work, I could call to make surgery appointment. Unfortunately, the medication only worked for a few months. My trickle finger has no improve and even getting worse after the medication gone. In early July, my family doctor, Dr. Francis Ho called the clinic himself to clearly request the receptionist to book a surgery appointment for me & it was booked on Aug 18 at the St Paul Hospital. I went to the hospital on the said date. Surprisedly, Dr. Wells told me that the appointment was not for surgery and just for view. He asked me to call his clinic again to book the surgery appointment. I immediately called the clinic to book the appointment & I was given the time in Dec. I tried to explain some very valid concerns I had, the receptionist was unwilling to listen & talked over top of me. She refused to help in in any way with her extremely rude attitude. I went back to tell my family doctor about the happening with the receptionist. My family doctor called the clinic again to deal with the receptionist that the appointment was wrongly set. But he found the same that the receptionist was very rude. She never admitted her mistake. She was extremely argumentative and defensive. She did the same to talk over top of my doctor. I think this is the way she treats any patient. My doctor found that she was so hard to deal with & he requested to speak to Dr. Wells directly. But he got rejected rudely. My doctor requested to leave his message to the receptionist to have Dr. Wells to return his call. Obviously, not even a call back received from Dr. Wells after 2 weeks. I 'm doubted if the message was ever delivered to Dr. Wells. This was such a terrible experience with anyone in the medical profession. It was totally ridiculous and unacceptable. I think especially in the medical profession, the assistant plays an important role to ease the patients as opposed to becoming argumentative and defensive. The good doctor should know how rude his staff is. Dr. Wells might be too busy to check that someone with this kind of power to treat his patients & other medical professionals or he believes that it is not a problem to treat people the way his staff does. Consequently this will ruin the good reputation that Dr. Wells built over a long time in his medical profession. I also found quite a lot of negative comments about his staff. I strongly urge Dr. Wells could spare some of his precious time to read these comments as we all put our precious time to write as well. It seems this is the only way to express our thoughts and share our experience with him and other patients.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2016

Dr. Wells has performed two surgeries - one cosmetic and one hand reconstruction...great doc...very easy to talk to. Answered all my questions...he staff is great too....always avalailble, answered all my questions...great girls...would not hesitate to recommend him ....

flag | Submitted July 23, 2016

My initial appointment with the doctor was fine and he seemed very nice and took the time to explain things to me. He seemed very knowledgeable and I would like to arrange another appointment with the doctor to discuss options regarding a procedure I would like to have but I hesitate to go back to the doctor because I don't want to deal with his rude assistant again. My first encounter with Dr. Wells' MOA/receptionist was by phone and I found her to be rude. My second encounter with her was in person and she was extremely argumentative and defensive and she did not put me at ease at all. I tried to explain some very valid concerns I had. She was unwilling to listen, talked over top of me, and was extremely rude and did not ease my concerns at all. This is the first time I have had such a negative experience with anyone in the medical profession. The assistant is the first person that patients encounter at a doctor's office and I think it is very important that the assistant is able to put people at ease as opposed to becoming argumentative and defensive with the patients.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2016

My first encounter with Dr. Wells was less than favorable. I felt rushed and left feeling blindsided and confused. I'm guessing I caught him on an off day. For my follow up appointment, I went armed with tons of questions. He was wonderful! He patiently answered all my questions and then some! He spent a great deal of time with me and I left feeling that he really wanted to help me and he really wanted me to get through this injury. I watched him interact with the other patients in the clinic and he was just as patient and thorough with each of them. I truly believe he was having an off day the first time I met him, and we're all human so I would no let that effect my rating. I am very grateful and would not hesitate to recommend him!

flag | Submitted May 19, 2016

Excellent surgeon with excellent bedside manner, explained options clearly so average "Joe" could understand. Wonderful results.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2016