Ratings for Dr. Doug Tweel

From this morning at 8:30am until now (10am) I called Dr.Tweels office 105 times until I FINALLY got ahold of his receptionist and was able to book an appointment. I think Dr.Tweel is a good doctor and is helpful but he has horrible hours and it takes forever to get an appointment.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2017

I love Dr. Tweel, he has a fantastic bedside manner and I look forward to seeing him when I have an appointment. Always helpful, I never have a problem getting prescriptions renewed, or getting "squeezed in" at the last minute if I really need to see him - Thank you Doug!

flag | Submitted August 24, 2016

Absolutely the worst doctor EVER. Knows nothing, EXTREMELY dismissive, uncaring, arrogant, a bully. Will NOT listen, makes up his mind in advance whether you're even telling him the truth. Cannot diagnose himself out of a paper bag. EVERY diagnosis has been wrong. He's hardly ever there and when he is, has absolutely no concept that his patients might have lives and don't want to spend two hours waiting to see him (after already waiting 3 to 6 weeks for an appointment.) Rushes me out within 7 minutes (after NO resolution) even when I have other things I want to discuss with him. Wish I could get a new (i.e., caring and attentive) doctor but this one either has to move away or die before this stupid system will even consider it. His absenteeism is notorious in the local medical circles - walk-in clinic staff ask the family doctor's name and roll their eyes when his name comes up.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2015

Rarely there;and has no knowledge on many areas and will keep you waiting 2 to 5 weeks for an appointment and when you are there, will have you wait for an hour to 2.5 hours to see him. Spends much time talking to family, cronies and research buddies. Tends to dismiss patients and ridicule their suggestions as to what problems that there may be.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2015

I find as a patient I have more knowledge as to what may be going on then he does. He does nothing about blood work and other reports just tells you elevated levels in every area is because you had been fighting a infection, Pleaseee as have had no infections,flus, or colds. My physical included looking at eyes and ears, listening to chest, no blood work ?

flag | Submitted April 3, 2015

30+ years as his patient + family doc of my 3 children, amazing bedside manner, very caring and concerned, listens very well and considers my thoughts never feel rushed wouldn't want anyone else as family doc.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2014

I have seen Dr Tweel sine the late 80's....he delivered our two children and sees us every year....I feel like he knows us so well and I love the continuity that he has our records for so long....He is thorough and interested in our family health.....I feel very safe and comfortable with this great family physician!

flag | Submitted January 13, 2014

Excellent doctor. Not sure how anyone could think otherwise. Maybe they themselves are the problem.

flag | Submitted September 22, 2013

flag | Submitted July 25, 2013

Dr Tweel is quiet possibly the worst doctor I've ever had. I got him after moving to PEI, mostly because I need a doc to fill my perscriptions, but he is NEVER there.. I call ever day.. It's either busy, or when I finally get through, thy are closed for the next 2 days. If by some miracle I do speak to someone, they say "I'll have him fax your perscription to the pharmacy"... Then I never see... I've had my pharmacy call them MANY times because my script was up and in need of refill, but they STILL don't send it through, then he goes on 3 weeks vacation, and I me up having to go to a walk-in clinic.. Which defeats the purpose of HAVING A DOCTOR.. Also his nurse.. The Indian lady, is VERY rude

flag | Submitted July 25, 2013