Ratings for Dr. Judith Hoover

Clean and organized office, but will be looking for a different provider. Would not reccommend this provider. Could be that it's not a good fit for me, but I felt judged by Dr Hoover, possibly that she didn't believe my symptoms, and the diagnostic evaluation we discussed was not what was ordered or performed. This was my first Aiken, SC medical experience-- I am very disappointed in the quality of care compared to back home. I strongly suggest bypassing this provider.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2016

Love her! She takes care of me like I'm family! Would highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2016

I've been suffering with pregnancy induced migraines for 5 months she said safest thing for me to take is Tylenol 3 but refuses to give it to me so I've been suffering unnecessary for months because of her !! It makes no since why a Dr would let her patient suffer like this ! So don't go to her she will let u suffer and suffer and won't help!!!!!!

flag | Submitted February 22, 2016

I have been going to her for 10 years. My pregnancies are very high risk. By the end of my pregnancy, I had a team of doctors working with me and Dr. Hoover was in the lead. She is always so kind and laughs with me when I need a laugh and empathizes with me when I need that as well. I had a very difficult pregnancy and I'm so glad she was on my team and helped me deliver my healthy boy. She always double checks the issues I had during pregnancy when I go in for my annuals -- even though it's been many years since they occurred. The nurses were always fabulous too.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2015

Dr. Hoover is a very relaxed but extremely knowledgeable OB-Gyn, and she is an incredible asset when you are pregnant/delivering. She is so calming when you might be stressed about all that can occur during pregnancy. Wait time is often high in the office, but she delivers her own babies and is the only doctor in the practice, so that's to be expected. I am so happy to have found her when we moved to Aiken in 2011.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2015

Thank you for truthful comments from all. I am in search of a gyn......only visited Hoover once and yes cold, uncaring nature. I was considering trying her again, But from the comments I've read it fits the person I saw ONLY ONCE! Just an interview to find a doctor and that's the same reaction I received.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2015

Dr. Hoover has been my OBGYN for over two years now. She has treated me through two pregnancies and delivered both of my babies. I can't believe some of these reviews I am reading about her! I have had nothing but GOOD experiences with her. She is always attentive to questions I have, caring, and she is so calm during childbirth. My experiences with her have been wonderful. She is a great doctor with tons of experience and knowledge.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2015

Cold personality, no referals for anything, Does not listen Very rough with Pap Smear Test,

flag | Submitted November 7, 2014

I have been going to Dr. Hoover for about 4 years and am sad to say I will no longer be seeing her. She seems very judgmental and uncaring. Perhaps this profession is not for her? Or maybe she just likes pregnancies rather than annual checkups? She brushes off any concerns I had about pains in my abdomen that caused me to go home from work and vomit. I do not mind how she is solemn-faced and gives me the straight facts, but I wish she cared when I experience great pain. Also, her office never calls with results like promised - you must call them!

flag | Submitted September 13, 2013

I have been going to Dr. Hoover for 3 years now, today is my last visit with her. I will be finding a new gyno. She'd too rough with the speculum. I was grunting in pain before she realized that I needed a smaller size. She did not tell me when she put it in so it was a surprise! She often comes off as rude and uncaring. She shows little empathy. She acts like my questions don't really matter and doesn't give in-depth answers to them. She is always rushing me out and doesn't give me a chance to ask all my questions and concerns (which really wasn't a lot). I would not recommend her to anyone looking for their first pap smear. There were also maybe 2 times where the office staff got my paperwork and insurance all mixed up and called me constantly for the bill when there was not supposed to be one.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2013

Dr. Judith Hoover's Credentials

• Med Univ Of Sc Coll Of Med, Charleston Sc 29425 (Grad. 1990)

MSP/BC Med