You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Judith Hoover

I have been going to her for 10 years. My pregnancies are very high risk. By the end of my pregnancy, I had a team of doctors working with me and Dr. Hoover was in the lead. She is always so kind and laughs with me when I need a laugh and empathizes with me when I need that as well. I had a very difficult pregnancy and I'm so glad she was on my team and helped me deliver my healthy boy. She always double checks the issues I had during pregnancy when I go in for my annuals -- even though it's been many years since they occurred. The nurses were always fabulous too.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2015

Dr. Hoover is a very relaxed but extremely knowledgeable OB-Gyn, and she is an incredible asset when you are pregnant/delivering. She is so calming when you might be stressed about all that can occur during pregnancy. Wait time is often high in the office, but she delivers her own babies and is the only doctor in the practice, so that's to be expected. I am so happy to have found her when we moved to Aiken in 2011.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2015

Thank you for truthful comments from all. I am in search of a gyn......only visited Hoover once and yes cold, uncaring nature. I was considering trying her again, But from the comments I've read it fits the person I saw ONLY ONCE! Just an interview to find a doctor and that's the same reaction I received.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2015

Dr. Hoover has been my OBGYN for over two years now. She has treated me through two pregnancies and delivered both of my babies. I can't believe some of these reviews I am reading about her! I have had nothing but GOOD experiences with her. She is always attentive to questions I have, caring, and she is so calm during childbirth. My experiences with her have been wonderful. She is a great doctor with tons of experience and knowledge.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2015

flag | Submitted November 7, 2014

I have been going to Dr. Hoover for about 4 years and am sad to say I will no longer be seeing her. She seems very judgmental and uncaring. Perhaps this profession is not for her? Or maybe she just likes pregnancies rather than annual checkups? She brushes off any concerns I had about pains in my abdomen that caused me to go home from work and vomit. I do not mind how she is solemn-faced and gives me the straight facts, but I wish she cared when I experience great pain. Also, her office never calls with results like promised - you must call them!

flag | Submitted September 13, 2013

I have been going to Dr. Hoover for 3 years now, today is my last visit with her. I will be finding a new gyno. She'd too rough with the speculum. I was grunting in pain before she realized that I needed a smaller size. She did not tell me when she put it in so it was a surprise! She often comes off as rude and uncaring. She shows little empathy. She acts like my questions don't really matter and doesn't give in-depth answers to them. She is always rushing me out and doesn't give me a chance to ask all my questions and concerns (which really wasn't a lot). I would not recommend her to anyone looking for their first pap smear. There were also maybe 2 times where the office staff got my paperwork and insurance all mixed up and called me constantly for the bill when there was not supposed to be one.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2013

Dr. Hoover is a wonderful doctor, and truly cares about her patients. The problem is, as you can tell by some of the comments here, that the world has plenty of stupid people in it. For example, if the doctor tells you that you are an out of control diabetic and need to be careful during pregnancy, it doesn't matter if you want to hear it or not, you need to know it and need to pay attention. But if you get your panties all in a knot because the doctor told you something you didn't want to hear, it doesn't make her a bad doctor, it just makes you stupid. Doctor Hoover is a great doctor, but she won't lie to you so you'll feel all warm and fuzzy. She'll tell you the facts and let you know what options you have. But in the end no one can make you do what you should. That's up to you.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2013

Well this is my second time with Dr.Hoover and at first she was kind of out of line but after the next visits she was great I love her she did a great job with my C-section you can't even tell I had one so all them rude comments is not called for if y'all have a problem just change Doctors simple as that no need for taking ish and being in her face then on here talking bad about her on here just get a new doctor!!! Ms.West

flag | Submitted March 23, 2013

I have been going to her for 9 years and have also recommended others to her. She is attentive to my needs and concerns and willing to listen.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2012

Dr. Judith Hoover's Credentials

• Med Univ Of Sc Coll Of Med, Charleston Sc 29425 (Grad. 1990)

Assurant
Medicaid / Medi-Cal

Updates

• A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I have been going to her for 10 years. My pregnancies are very high risk. By the end of my pregnancy, I had a team of doctors working with me and Dr. Hoover was..."

May 5, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Hoover is a very relaxed but extremely knowledgeable OB-Gyn, and she is an incredible asset when you are pregnant/delivering. She is so calming when you mig..."

April 23, 2015
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "Thank you for truthful comments from all. I am in search of a gyn......only visited Hoover once and yes cold, uncaring nature. I was considering trying her agai..."

March 23, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Hoover has been my OBGYN for over two years now. She has treated me through two pregnancies and delivered both of my babies. I can't believe some of these..."

January 9, 2015
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "Cold personality, no referals for anything, Does not listen Very rough with Pap Smear Test,"

November 7, 2014