Ratings for Dr. D.C. Fiander

A very professional and informative doctor. Also very patient

flag | Submitted October 25, 2017

Bottom line: my eyes are better. Can't find fault there. But the staff are clueless and the doc is impatient.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2017

Hate this Doctor . He is unapproachable, intimidating and a bully. Would like to find another ophthalmologist . Could anyone recommend one.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2017

Staff is very supportive and understanding. Dr. Fiander is amazing. I nearly fainted today during my laser treatment and the staff was really kind and helpful. They kept checking on me, getting me water and putting a cloth on my head. The one girl took me to a private room to lay down and relax Dr. Fiander was also very patient with answering my questions during my consult. He is very knowledgable. I waited over an hour after my appointment time but I'd rather wait to see someone as good as him than to wait for someone else. Only thing I don't like is that there are people waiting in the same room while you get your procedure done , I wish it was more private.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2016

I have been a patient with Dr. Fiander since he opened his office in Windsor. He has returned my sight to me twice with prompt and aggressive treatment of my macular degeneration. His explanations and answers are concise.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2015

Dr. Fiander is a very nice person and an excellent doctor.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2015

Great Dr. Lasered up a tear on my retina on very short notice. Was kind and informative on inital visit and follow ups.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2015

Although Dr. Fiander is very knowledgeable and has kept me informed of my eye health, be prepared to WAIT!!!! I was waiting for 2 hours before I inquired as to when I would be seen by him. There were still 12 people ahead of me! Not impressed at all.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2015

Office is a well oiled machine. Yes, patients are "herded" and there isn't much time spent on small talk. But I like the way things work there. Thanks to the tight scheduling, appt. is always pretty well on time. No sitting around for two hours like other specialists. He was a great help with a diabetes related eye problem I was referred to him for.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2014

I tore a retina in the middle of the night last year. After being referred to Dr Fiander by another specialist the next morning I showed up at his office on 20 minutes notice, was taken in and within an hour had the tear repaired. Dr Fiander was very professional and efficient and my follow ups with him were great. I found the staff although busy to be very efficient and helpful. I have had no complications from the repair and my sight in the affected eye is fine now. Should anything happen to my eyes again I would not hesitate to go back to Dr Fiander.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2014