Ratings for Dr. JAMES M. Mahalek

Mahal elk said I was untreatable, went to a better doctor who did surgery and restored my quality of life. In reality, Mahalek didn’t know how to fix my issue. Would not recommend this guy to anyone.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2018

Dr Mahalek performed my husband’s third back surgery and follow up care over the last two years. We were both very impressed by his knowledge and caring for his patients and their family. We would definitely recommend him!

flag | Submitted January 29, 2018

I had an MRI on my back late afternoon on December 22, 2015 and was scheduled to have a consultation with Dr. Mahalek at 8:00 a.m. the following morning. He called me that same evening to let me know the severity of my condition and made arrangements to check into Good Sam and secured a surgeon to perform the initial surgery that same evening. We truly appreciated his prompt diagnosis and making the necessary arrangements!!

flag | Submitted September 13, 2015

flag | Submitted August 13, 2014

Great doctor. Very personable, caring, helpful. Knows what he's talking about. Just a great guy overall

flag | Submitted May 24, 2013

Just had neck surgery 6 weeks ago, wow I haven't felt this good in a long time. Dr. Mahalek was very helpfull through the entire process, explained things well, and made it my complete decision, no pressure. I would recommend him to anyone that ask's!

flag | Submitted March 2, 2012

Very rude to staff. Unimpressed with his professionalism.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2012

Never have I been more impressed by a surgeon than by Dr. Mahalek! He is an absolute gem and a credit to his profession! Outstanding bedside manner. Completely knowledgeable and very good about sharing details & information to ensure patients & family fully understand everything. Always very prompt about following up & responding to phone calls. He took excellent care of my dad & even offered to come by his home to check on him. I have recommended everyone I ever run across with spine issues to try him. Dr. Mahalek is one in a million!

flag | Submitted August 8, 2009

I have seen first hand how he has helped numerous people get better lives! He is AWESOME!

flag | Submitted September 4, 2008

surgery upcoming. will rate later!

flag | Submitted January 10, 2007

Dr. JAMES M. Mahalek's Credentials

• University Of Nebraska College Of Medicine (Grad. 1999)

UnitedHealthcare