Ratings for Dr. Jay M. Butterman

Dr. Butterman gave me my life back. His patience, knowledge, and perseverance enabled me to finally find relief from severe depression that I suffered with for many years. He taught me coping skills in order for me to help myself. He answered tough questions that I didn't expect a straight answer about. Above all, he helped me see myself objectively. He helped me have confidence in myself and my decisions.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2017

I have the utmost faith in Dr. Butterman. He has been treating me for several years and has my panic attacks completely under control. He is very knowledgeable about medication and takes the time to make sure that I understood exactly what I was taking and answered all of my questions. I can't say enough good things about Dr. Butterman. I am very lucky that I found him.

flag | Submitted December 12, 2014

I truly believe this doctor over medicates his patients. I do not recommend him to my worst enemy. My mother has been going her many years and she refuses to quit going because he "helps" her when all I see him do is take her money and shove pills down her throat. Thank you "Dr." Butterman for all your "help."

flag | Submitted January 3, 2014

He consistently knew my condition and mental state yet refused to prescribe anything to stop my severe anxiety attacks. He will make you go through withdrawal from much of the meds he puts you on, without any medications to make the withdrawals any easier. ESPECIALLY BAD at treating migraines/headaches since he believes that even a college student such as me (with a our crazy schedules) should take 3-5 days out of our week in order to go through what Doctors of optometry call 'manipulation'. But that's not even the worst; i have horrid insomnia, and ive told him for the past month that the med he has me on isn't working at all, and im getting to sleep at 3-5am and missing all of my classes... and he didn't care at all, he wouldn't even try a new med. Dr Butterman has added more stress and pressure into my life simply because its an uphill battle just to get him to prescribe you anything that isnt an antipsychotic or antidepressant....which he tried to use to treat all my symptoms:[

flag | Submitted August 22, 2012

I reserched this doctor and wanted to to set up an appt with him. I did not get passed the phone call with the person who answered the phone for they would not give me there name. I like to address someone by their name; when I asked, she replied "who is this" with an attitued. Oh well so much for customer service.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2011

Professional!! He has expert knowledge of medicines and their effect on your body and mind and uses them very judiciously. Never lets a patient leave without a humorous tale to send them away smiling. EXCEPTIONAL DOCTOR!

flag | Submitted September 22, 2010

He has a great understanding of medications and a greater understanding of his patient. He has helped me exponentially.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2009

Dr. Butterman is a wonderful psychiatrist. He has helped me get my depression under control. He has a great understanding of the medications available to treat mental disorders. He also has an outstanding bedside manner. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2009

Dr. Jay M. Butterman's Credentials

• New York College Of Osteo Medicine Of New York Institute Of Technology (Grad. 1984)