Ratings for Dr. Laura B. Beard

This doctor was the most socially awkward person I've ever met. Troubling conversation about depression and agreed with my reasons for considering suicide. She asked me what medication I would like to take without offering any independent thought or feedback. Will never return. I'm scared for her patients.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2017

Never leaves us waiting and always answers the phone. Her assistant is great also and tries to accommodate whenever possible with last minute appointments

flag | Submitted March 8, 2017

I absolutely loved Dr. Beard! She was respectful, patient and extremely kind. I look forward to my next appointment with her. I highly, highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2013

She labels patients and discourages medicine although a patient has been taken them for ever. She has done more damage to a family member in so many ways. She imposes her labels after two appointments and will not listen to those in vulnerable situations. Patients looking for acceptance and compassion will not find it in her.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2013

Kind and Smart; attentive and caring; Dr. Beard is great!

flag | Submitted August 26, 2012

I called around & most psychiatrists are the same price give or take 10-20.00 dollars. My prior doctor moved out of state & recommended Dr. Laura for her approach. She doesn't advocate medications & it's hard but she's nice & helps you through the process. I am a work in progress but her advice is helping me. She doesn't bill insurance, I have Aetna & billed myself with statement they gave me. Another thing I appreciate is that they answer their phone & always return calls. Her assistant is very good at making you feel welcome & very helpful.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2011

I have seen a therapist all my life (even though I don't need medication I see Dr. Beard for therapy) and no one has compared to Dr. Beard. She's amazingly smart yet compassionate & gives the best advice. Even her office manager is the best! Highly recommended!

flag | Submitted December 11, 2009

great. i love her. she is very helpful and anyone would be lucky to see her.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2008

Dr. Laura B. Beard's Credentials

• Tx Tech Univ Hlth Sci Ctr Sch Of Med, Lubbock Tx 79430 (Grad. 1998)

Healthnet