Ratings for Dr. Gustav R. Schmiege

Dr. Schmiege saved my life. I was told by referring physician that I would love him or hate him and I loved him. Was scared at first meeting because he was big and loud. I had suffered from depression for years and been to many psychiatrists and therapists and none of them spent much time with me. He worked me in on my first visit and met with me every week, then every two weeks, then once a month until I was doing better. He put me on a mix of meds which worked very quickly. I saw him for 8 years at which time he worked with me to get off the medications. He jokes a lot and talks about his experience and life. But as I said before, he saved my life and I love him for it.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2011

Stood up patients in need of med renewals with no forward to get med records to transfer.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2010

Used to be ok. Funny. But with age he is not capable of taking care of others mental issues. Time to retire.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2010

Was referred to him because I had unexplained back pain and migraines. He put me on tons of meds and told me I was suffering from depression. Meds caused me to gain 35 pounds in less than 6 weeks. I was trying to hang onto my job for another year, he told me the meds would help me to hang in there for another year, instead I was so drugged out on the meds I ended up quitting because I couldn't function on my job. He hurt me more than help me. This was in 1983.

flag | Submitted November 28, 2009

DR. Schmiege is a wonderful psychiatrist! He is funny and shares some of his personal experiences, which helps to know "he get's it!" He can be a lil cockey at times!! I just always have a good come back! Overall...he knows his Med's and what works based on his view of family history and symptoms! I am returning to his office this week and I now live 1 and a half hours away! That in itself says something! Have a sense of humor......he does!!!!!! lol......

flag | Submitted June 7, 2009

All he did was talk about himself and what he was accomplishing in his old age. My husband was worse off afterwards.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2008

Dr. Gustav R. Schmiege's Credentials

• Temple Univ Sch Of Med, Philadelphia Pa 19140 (Grad. 1958)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Pasadena, TX