Ratings for Dr. Thomas O. Gore

Dr. Gore in Lubbock, TX. is nothing but a drug dealer with a degree and certification in psychiatry as far as I'm concerned. He should not be allowed to continue practicing, putting people's lives in jeopardy the way he has my mother's. He has destroyed her quality of life by over-prescribing BOTH hydrocodone (Vicodin) and Xanax (maximum dosages) for years. My mother hasn't seen him for any in-person evaluations in years. She simply picks up the phone, and calls him to prescribe drug refills. Though my guess would be that he has been fraudulently billing Medicare for "office visits." She has hospitalized for overdosing and withdrawal SEVERAL times. Yet, he continues writing the prescriptions rather than recommending her to a drug treatment program - which is what a doctor who actually CARES about a patient's well-being would do. Why would a psychiatrist be prescribing so much hydrocodone (Vicodin) for pain in the first place? Shouldn't that be the responsibility of a pain management doctor or a doctor authorized to oversee physical conditions that would be the root cause for the pain? Xanax is a very dangerous drug. Clearly Dr. Gore doesn't care about long-term affects on his patients and/or their quality of life, families, etc. I really hope that by exposing him, through every avenue I have available, that I could save someone's life by them choosing NOT to go to him for help. If you want help...go see someone else. If you want a life, happiness, health, etc...go see someone else besides this irresponsible "doctor."

flag | Submitted February 28, 2015

Dr. Gore has a vast amount of experience in a variety of settings, including the VA. He LISTENS to his patients and CARES about their mental as well as physical health. He is also board certified in Pain Management and is not afraid to write appropriate prescriptions that some doctors would shy away from. I gave seen him in both roles - as counselor and pain management for several years, and my only fear is what doctor I will need to transfer to when Dr. Gore finally retires. He could have retired years ago, and is getting up in years. I predict that he will retire within the next 6-8 years if he remains healthy. Dr. Gore will not take every patient - only those whom he thinks he can benefit and/or those he sees as a unique challenge (my assessment, not fact). I will regret when he no longer has his practice.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2009

Dr. Thomas O. Gore's Credentials

• Univ Auto De Guadalajara, Fac De Med, Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico (Grad. 1973)

MSP/BC Med