Dr. James M. Marcum

Ratings for Dr. James M. Marcum

Dr. Marcum was the most wonderful human being I have ever encountered. My husband suffers terribly from very traumatic experiences in his life and this man with his professional advice, council and heartfelt caring literally saved my husbands life. He taught him tools to move forward and find a place of healing, at the time. He is a Dr. who treats his patients with respect, professional guidance and personal understanding which is what is needed for people at sometimes the worst times in their lives. I only wish we still had contact with this fabulous human being as he was a great influence in keeping my husband on the path to personal freedom. As many know trauma is a lifelong struggle and my husband has not been able to find another Dr. with the same type of supporting and spiritual inspiration as Dr. Marcum was to him. I wish we could once again connect with this wonderful man and bring peace again to a tortured soul. Respectfully, the wife of a former patient.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2014

Not only did Dr. Marcum have a terrible bedside manner, as remarked by others, it was downright comical when he threw a fit at me in "What About Bob, Dr. Leo Marvin" style. Not only that, but he provided an absolutely lazy, incorrect diagnosis...what a bad experience.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2013

This guy has the worst bed side manners ever. As a psychiatrist who works with patients who are possibly insane, it's a wonder why none have yet to bust his knee caps as retribution for the way he treats them. He should do himself as well as everyone one else a favor and retire.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2012

I devolped a strong dislike for Dr. Marcum over a series of visits. Rather then listen to what I had to say or my opinions on the matter, he would form his own and made it very intimidating to try and contridict him or defend myself. His behavior was extremely juvenile and made me feel as if I was trying to discuss a very serious matter with a child. I came to him at a very low place in my life and he made me feel even more hopeless about getting help. I would not recommend him to anyone I care about.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2008

Dr. James M. Marcum's Credentials

• Univ Of Miami Sch Of Med, Miami Fl 33101 (Grad. 1982)

Pacificare