Ratings for Dr. Edward H. Clarke

Found this MD out of date, making errors and not as knowledgeable as he should be. Dr. Clarke is a aged doctor about 70 y. o. There comes a point in any doctor’s career when that doctor can no longer do his or her job IN THE BEST INTEREST OF THE PATIENT. And that’s the important part — the best interest of the patient. Doctors do “age out” of their profession. Don’t be the patient who suffers because a doctor doesn’t take him/herself out of the profession before mistakes are made on you.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2009

I had a similar experience with Dr. Clarke back in 1998. I had 2 lumps that I had decided to have removed because of high cancer occurrences in my family. At my first appt he agreed that it was a good idea. I went back for what I thought was a pre-op appt but when I got there he said that surgery was extreme and he was "98% sure" there was no cancer. I was so upset I couldn't talk. When he left the room, the nurse tried to make me feel better by saying that he didn't want to do unnecessary surgery because it can change the shape of the breast. I didn't care what my breast looked like! After this incident I started going to Rochester for my mammos and check-ups. One of the lumps did turn cancerous and my family and I had to go through the trauma and that goes with cancer. Had Dr. Clarke removed the lumps when I wanted them removed my family and I wouldn't have had to go through that.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2007

Dr. Edward H. Clarke's Credentials

• Albany Medical College Of Union University (Grad. 1968)

Avmed