Ratings for Dr. Jeffrey G. Hedge

Lacks compassion and empathy. Not helpful in the least.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2017

Not very empathetic, cold, distance. Not very knowledgeable about metal illness in general, and seemed very uninterested in finding answers to questions he couldnt answer.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2016

?? Each time I saw Dr. Hedge the more comfortable I felt. He was easy to talk to, I came clear from Wenatchee to talk with Dr. Hedge. Thank You for being so kind with me, listening to me when I needed just to talk. Thank You! Barb

flag | Submitted July 2, 2014

They are not able to keep staff for more than a few months. Prepare to be double billed, over-billed, charged for appointments you never made, and do not imagine that you will be able to get a faxed prescription. Also, they do not return calls. The doctor changed me to a new medication, name brand, the maker of which had conveniently provided him with samples. When it did not work, he would not return my calls. When I quit it, he put me back on my original generic medication, at less than half the dose, and punitively did not increase my dose until my situation was ridiculously bad. He tries to force a therapeutic relationship on you when he sees you once every few months. Medication counseling does not pay nearly as well as the "therapy" sessions of less than 20 minutes which he bills at over $200. When he increased my generic medication dose, he increased it to a level dangerous, in the opinion of my current physician, when combined with my other medications. Poorest quality.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2013

Dr. Hedge wasn't helpful in MY care at all. It was like he was challenging me all the time. Basically, I felt he wasn't concerned about my mental health issues at all. He's so arrogant!

flag | Submitted March 12, 2013

I really like Dr. Hedge. He has given me really good feedback and he's pretty straight forward. I guess maybe I could see how someone might see him as arrogant but I don't really see him that way. I think he's been very helpful. I've seen a few other psychiatrists and he is by far my favorite. He's done well managing my meds, he listens and makes good suggestions and helps me keep on good perspective on my life (I'm a depressive and somewhat negative, lol).

flag | Submitted February 23, 2012

He is rude and unhelpful all he wants to know is why you do things, he doesnt care if you improve.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2011

Was unsympathetic, not very understanding, and arrogant. I felt like I was on trial; meeting with him made me feel uneasy and panicked. Obviously doesn't understand perspective from the chair sitting across from him, and I didn't feel like he wanted to understand me as a patient.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2011

Hedge was my father's psychiatrist and he was completely unhelpful. I felt he was impatient and hostile when questioning his diagnosis. I felt interrogated and threatened, and I felt zero empathy or compassion from him. He then blamed us for not increasing the medications for more severe symptoms... as if we had the knowledge or instructions to do that.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2010

Discourteous, impatient, and rude. Dr. Hedge became visibly upset when I asked him what a "D.O." was - he has a chip on his shoulder about it, for some reason. He was condescending and, at times, blatantly rude. I was reluctant to see a psychiatrist and I am hoping my experience with Dr. Hedge was an anomaly.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2010

Dr. Jeffrey G. Hedge's Credentials

• Chicago College Of Osteopathic Medicine (Grad. 1983)