Ratings for Dr. Patricia L. Payne

We have been seeing Dr Payne for over 5 years. Each visit she has been professional and extremely helpful during this challenging time. I have recommended her to several families that also started seeing her. She knows her medicines and hat is why we see her. Grateful to know a doctor that has the knowledge and insight to help those with mental health issues.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2017

My son was under Dr. Payne's care for 2 years and in those two years many drugs where prescribed, I often felt my son was a guinea pig for the meds she prescribed, as it was an experiment to see what worked for him.  Needless to say, none of the drugs actually had an effect on my son ability to earn an A in school.  I was stunned when Dr. Payne actually thought that there are drugs that would help with my son's learning disability, miraculously he would become an A student!  Every visit consisted of the same routine, with the same set of questions and paid very little attention to my concerns.  If one drug didn't work, Dr. Payne was eager to prescribe another, it wasn't until I brought to her attention that the drugs had no affects and perhaps he needed to be re-evaluated by a specialist.  Dr. Payne showed her true colors when she dropped my son from her care and insisted on getting paid for the rescheduled appointment.  This is a person who cancelled two appointments with me a couple of hours prior to my son's scheduled visits, without an apology or explanation, yet felt justified in expecting payment when I rescheduled an appointment for a very good reason.  It is fair to say that I would not recommend Dr. Payne, she is a strong advocate for pharmaceutical companies, she does her part in pushing unnecessary drugs at the cost of her patients.

flag | Submitted December 27, 2016

I called her during an emergency when my son was suicidal. She didn't return my call for almost 6 hours and when she finally did she left me a voicemail. Thankfully I had gotten in touch with my sons councilor immediately who met us at a hospital for an evaluation. She NEVER called me again, absolutely zero follow up. Completely unprofessional. I reluctantly scheduled another appointment with her and it did not go well at all. We will never see her again.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2016

Dr Pain was the miracle i had prayed for. My son was misdiagnosed and was suicidal when she met him. She accurately diagnosed him and gave him back his life. I am so thankful to her he now is in college living downtown and working part time and is a normal healthy successful boy. She is amazing.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2015

flag | Submitted March 18, 2014

She immediately began asking my terrified son how he would commit suicide if he were to try it. She introduced the idea to him, and it wasn't the reason we had come. I had questions about a possible diagnosis of ADHD, and she began her time with him with questions of suicide. Completely inappropriate and unprofessional.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2013

Went re: ADHD diagnosis, but she asked my 9 year old a lot of leading questions about how he might go about killing himself, among other disturbing things. These questions should have been asked of me, instead of him. He was quite upset after the meeting and asked me what was wrong with him, and why I had taken him to see her. We will NEVER go back to her. I felt that she would have caused more trouble than she could have solved. The word "quack" comes to mind...

flag | Submitted October 4, 2011

She refused access to medical records for patient review. When asked she claimed to not know anything about a paper sent to insurance regarding diagnostics for payment though it had her signature and license # on it. She prescribed a psychotrophic medication based on false information (unsubstantiated)given to her by someone other than the patient and she assumed it was true. She did not consult the client regarding the so called implied "diagnosis" and or the medication she decided to order for the patient. She neglected to mention a conflict of interest with a patients attorney.

Submitted April 2, 2010

Dr. Patricia L. Payne's Credentials

• Creighton University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1991)