Ratings for Dr. Emad Yakoub

He seems to know what he is talking about (he is a doctor) but doesn't take the time to clearly explain diagnosis's in language that makes sense to me even when I ask him to reexplain and dumb down the terms and diagnoses for me. Doesn't seem like he really cares and I don't feel like he takes his time to do a thorough examination of me. I had one specific example of a issue I had with him. I asked if I could get a referral to a Dermatologist because of my ache, (at this point he had given me pills to reduce ache, and night facial creme which I used for around 3-4 years) he then said he was not going to give me the referral and just told me to continue using night facial creme and using pills or said I would have to do accutane, accutane is a heavy medication that has a bunch of side effects, one in particular depression which he knew I had issues with. Needless to say over the years I have just learned about my skin and through trial and error of recommended facial products through friends and family (that a dermatologist probably could have recommended me in one 30 minute session) I now have figured out how to take care of my face properly and all I needed to do was learn how oily/non oily my face was and then use the proper facial products. This was very frustrating because it took me a very long time to figure out this issue. Also staff at the front counter is rude. This is one of a few problems that I have had with him. Now he makes me jump through every loop to get the medical attention I need because I have called him out on this in the past, petty. Also many times I do have to wait up to 30 minutes after appointment time but I understand that sometimes the system works like this. And the gets back to you in a timely manor but they are sometimes rude.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2017

Love Dr. Yakoub, He has been my family doctor since as long as I can remember as well as my mother and my 2 sons! Very caring, and approachable. Listening to friends with horror stories of horrible family doctors makes me so happy that that is not a concern with him.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2017

Best Doctor in the world! He is so smart. He listens and explains things so we understand. He is very compassionate. I'd NEVER want another Doctor. I have had him since he came to Grandview Medical Centre.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2017

Amazing doctor! Kind, caring and really takes the time to listen and educate his patients. I'm very luck to have such a great family doctor who listens and who knows medicine unlike some who are only there for the $$$

flag | Submitted February 19, 2015

He kept telling me to go on Yasmin, even though I told him I did not feel comfortable doing so. When I finally got off of it, he asked ME what one I wanted to go on. My school doctor said that his recommendation of Yasmin was very bad, since it is one of the worst birth controls on the market. He also never gives me a definite diagnosis, and kind of brushes off any concerns that I do have. I understand there's only so much that they can diagnose in the office, but I'd rather have it narrowed down to one or two causes when I leave the office, not three or four. Most likely switching doctors soon.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2014

Dr. Yakoub is a wonderful Dr. He listens well and offers advice. I bring my 2 children to him as well. I feel very comfortable with him.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2013

Dr. Yakoub is a kind, caring and very knowledgeable Dr. Yes, he is frequently running late but he never rushes during either my nor my husbands appointments and I never leave feeling like he hasn't been completely thorough. He takes the time to explain and make sure what we've discussed is understood - sometimes even draws a pic to better explain. I couldn't get a Dr when I first moved to the area and was travelling to Mississauga and when an opening became available at Grandview, I was hesitant to change but decided to meet him and go from there. From the moment I started chatting with him I knew making the switch was the right thing and have never regretted it for a moment! Thank-you Dr. Yakoub for always taking the time and just generally being a super doctor!!! :)

flag | Submitted August 13, 2013

One of the most pleasant and caring doctors I have ever met. Always takes the time to talk with patients properly.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2012

He was not helpful what so ever, misdiagnosed my brothers, and did not help me very well. I tried another doctor when he wasn't in, never realized how helpful doctors could be. A lot of doctors say he's knowledgeable and such, but I found him unhelpful. He needs to explain better, not cut me off when I talk, and pay way more attention to the problem. Not leave me feeling like I'm being rushed.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2011

Just so I don't make this too long, I'll sum it up in up with a few words: Knowledgeable, smart, funny, caring, thoughtful, concerning, approachable. Thank you for coming into our families lives as our doctor.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2010

Georgia1St
Medicaid / Medi-Cal
Peach State Health Plan
Private Health Care Systems
Private Healthcare Systems (PHCS)
Private Small Business Insurance