Ratings for Dr. Emad Yakoub

Love Dr. Yakoub, He has been my family doctor since as long as I can remember as well as my mother and my 2 sons! Very caring, and approachable. Listening to friends with horror stories of horrible family doctors makes me so happy that that is not a concern with him.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2017

Best Doctor in the world! He is so smart. He listens and explains things so we understand. He is very compassionate. I'd NEVER want another Doctor. I have had him since he came to Grandview Medical Centre.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2017

Amazing doctor! Kind, caring and really takes the time to listen and educate his patients. I'm very luck to have such a great family doctor who listens and who knows medicine unlike some who are only there for the $$$

flag | Submitted February 19, 2015

He kept telling me to go on Yasmin, even though I told him I did not feel comfortable doing so. When I finally got off of it, he asked ME what one I wanted to go on. My school doctor said that his recommendation of Yasmin was very bad, since it is one of the worst birth controls on the market. He also never gives me a definite diagnosis, and kind of brushes off any concerns that I do have. I understand there's only so much that they can diagnose in the office, but I'd rather have it narrowed down to one or two causes when I leave the office, not three or four. Most likely switching doctors soon.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2014

Dr. Yakoub is a wonderful Dr. He listens well and offers advice. I bring my 2 children to him as well. I feel very comfortable with him.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2013

Dr. Yakoub is a kind, caring and very knowledgeable Dr. Yes, he is frequently running late but he never rushes during either my nor my husbands appointments and I never leave feeling like he hasn't been completely thorough. He takes the time to explain and make sure what we've discussed is understood - sometimes even draws a pic to better explain. I couldn't get a Dr when I first moved to the area and was travelling to Mississauga and when an opening became available at Grandview, I was hesitant to change but decided to meet him and go from there. From the moment I started chatting with him I knew making the switch was the right thing and have never regretted it for a moment! Thank-you Dr. Yakoub for always taking the time and just generally being a super doctor!!! :)

flag | Submitted August 13, 2013

One of the most pleasant and caring doctors I have ever met. Always takes the time to talk with patients properly.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2012

He was not helpful what so ever, misdiagnosed my brothers, and did not help me very well. I tried another doctor when he wasn't in, never realized how helpful doctors could be. A lot of doctors say he's knowledgeable and such, but I found him unhelpful. He needs to explain better, not cut me off when I talk, and pay way more attention to the problem. Not leave me feeling like I'm being rushed.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2011

Just so I don't make this too long, I'll sum it up in up with a few words: Knowledgeable, smart, funny, caring, thoughtful, concerning, approachable. Thank you for coming into our families lives as our doctor.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2010

He knows exactly what he's talking about. Very understanding and personable. He knows the science of medicine very well and does not sugar coat what needs to be done. He is ALWAYS thorough. Although running late sometimes, it is because he does not rush through his patients. He is well mannered and polite. He always answers questions. All doctors should be this knowledgable.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2010