Ratings for Dr. Debra M. Epstein

Every time I come here I am not seen until at least 45 minutes after my appointment time. Once i'm finally seen I'm only seen for 15 minutes. I had a problem back in the fall and I had to come back 3 times because it wasn't getting better even though I did everything I was told to do. I eventually just gave up with it because they told me the same thing every visit and nothing would get better. I dread having to come here.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2017

She is a top notch Doctor but I routinely wait more than an hour past my appointment time. Right now I have been waiting for one hour and ten minutes past my time

flag | Submitted September 8, 2016

Dr. Epstein is by far the best GYN I have ever had. She, you wait a little (sometimes 30 minutes), but it is because she truly give you her undivided attention while she is seeing you. She is thorough through and through. She takes you to her personal office, and listen too to your needs, and follows up on anything she may have had questions about in any previous appointments. She has a gentle touch. While she is in practice in the State of New Jersey (South), I will see no other GYN. Trust me when I say, you will love her!!!!

flag | Submitted September 1, 2016

I absolutely loved Dr Epstein and her staff! It was my first visit and yes I was there a while which I could care less. This woman cares about her patients and wants to figure out what's going on with you. I've never experienced an obgyn that actually brought you in their office to listen to what was wrong and yes was typing in her computer most of the time because she didn't want to miss what I was saying. She was making sure everything I said went into my file which I got a copy of my visit when I left. Loved her approach with treating me. Her staff is great as well. Very pleasant. The nurse even called me the next day when she got my blood results. I've experienced Drs who try to take your complaints and don't even write them down and then examine you and come up with a treatment plan all in the matter of 15 mins. So to sit and wait for Dr Epstein is a breath of fresh air knowing I won't be tossed in 15 mins. I am very glad someone refereed her to me and I will be referring her to many others.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2016

I feel the staff in the Make Shade office is generally rude or not helpful. I like Dr. Epstein bur I must say she needs to listen and stop typing once in awhile. I feel that your not hearing your patient if you are just typing and filling in the blanks she needs. I sat waiting in one of the rooms and was mortified that I heard everything that the doctor was discussing with a patient in her office she just examined. After my exam the door was left open for all to hear which can regardless whether the door is open or not. It is very upsetting...yes we are all woman but our health and visits are personal. When I left her office I passed the exam room which is connected and a young woman was sitting there and we glanced at each other. She heard everything that I discussed with Dr. Epstein. It is humiliating, unprofessional and an invasion of our privacy. I hope that Dr. Epstein really reads these reviews and does something about that office and lowers her voice so patients can have privacy. Very disappointed that she doesn't seem to realize the issue and I have to write it in an open forum.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2015

As with many offices, the government changes in health care - requiring a new EMR and retraining of doctors and nurse practitioners, as well as reloading data-- have caused us to spend more time with documentation and less with our patients. There is, however, a learning curve and at this point we are moving much more efficiently.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2014

While I find the staff to be exceptionally helpful the times I have been in the office the past few years, the wait time I experience here is absolutely ridiculous. I always show up at least 10 minutes before my appointments and have never been taken at my scheduled time, even when I have one of the first appointments in the morning. Average wait time for my last three visits has been at least 45 minutes. The one visit had me waiting an hour and a half to be seen by the doctor for literally five minutes. I understand doctors get busy and things can get pushed back, but this is becoming a chronic issue.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2013

I have been a patient for many years and have NEVER had any problems with Dr. Epstein or the woman who worked there before it became Advocare. However, the new office staff leaves MUCH to be desired. The woman who sits at the front desk on the left was extremely rude to me for absolutely no reason. From the second I walked up to the window, her annoyed tone suggested that I was inconveniencing her just by being there. She VISIBLY rolled her eyes at me while I was checking in and trying to give accurate answers to her questions. I gave her the benefit of the doubt that maybe she was just frustrated at that moment and I was catching the brunt of it. However, her attitude was exactly the same at check out. She asked, "Do I have to write you a reminder card?" instead of something POLITE like, "Would you like a reminder card?" She could at least TRY to fake some manners. It is such a shame because I know another patient who received similar treatment and is finding a new doctor.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2013

I was there to get a lump checked out on my breast. After I pointed out the lump, she didn't examine me much further. It made me worry she could be missing something. I also wanted to get a prescription for muscle relaxers to help with the terrible menstrual cramps I get every few months. She tried to push birth control on me, which I've tried many times and experienced horrible side effects. I prefer NOT to take daily medication for a problem that comes up a couple days every few months. She acted like I was some addict shopping around for pills and said she'd "put her license on the line" by prescribing that. This is absolutely ludacris as I have zero history of addiction of any sort. She also told me that muscle relaxers are a narcotic, which I looked up online and this is simply untrue. It's ashame doctors have to be scared to DOCTOR people who actually need it.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2013

A wonderful doctor! When she is with me, she makes me feel like I am her only patient and has all the time in the world to spend with me. Genuinely interested in my health and wellness to the point of gently following up with me to make sure I have followed instructions, taken medication, undergone recommended tests etc. Completely willing to battle my insurance company when necessary too. As physicians go, she's about as good as it gets.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2010

Dr. Debra M. Epstein's Credentials

• Northwestern University Medical School (Grad. 1988)