Ratings for Dr. Carlissa Wittner-Smith

Loved having her be my dr we are having her deliver our second now :)

flag | Submitted November 27, 2017

Best doctor ever! So glad I found her for my second baby after a horrible and traumatizing birth with my first.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2017

Just had my first baby almost 4 months ago and I was lucky enough to get Dr. Wittner-Smith. She is straight forward but at the same time has a calmness about her. I was blessed with fibroids, hypothyroidism, high blood pressure and diabetes during my pregnancy. Not once did I feel panicked or too worried because she made sure to keep on top of everything and keep me informed every step of the way. She didn't deliver my baby but came in to check on us a couple times while I was in the hospital. I would recommend her to anyone and will definitely be seeing her again if I ever have another baby.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2017

Great doctor .. was very to the point but not rude.. very knowledgeable

flag | Submitted May 15, 2017

She was such an amazing Doctor! I went to see her for both of my complicated pregnancies and she was always so kind and always took the time to answer all of my questions, and there were a lot! She always had a way of calming me down when I was anxious about things and I was so grateful for that! I HIGHLY recommend her! I never had to wait long for my appointments and the staff were always very kind

flag | Submitted March 14, 2017

I absolutely love Dr. Wittner-Smith. She takes a no-nonsense, non-coddling approach to your pregnancy that puts any uneasiness I might have at rest. She is definitely abrupt and gets to the point quickly, so her attitude might not be for women who want a soft-spoken and overly nice doctor; but she knows her sh*t and gets the job done! She was my doctor for my first pregnancy and was so informative with any question or concern I might have had. She could tell I was a nervous mom-to-be so she was thorough in everything she explained to me. My first pre-natal was twelve weeks in (took a while to decide on my pregnancy) and she couldn't believe I hadn't had an ultra-sound yet. She immediately brought in their machine and we got our first look at our daughter! It was so awesome, and she was smiling the whole time right along with us! She wasn't my delivering doctor, but came to see me before I was discharged to make sure I was doing okay and to check on my stitches. She will be my doctor for my pregnancy this go round again, and my last two appointments I haven't been able to see her, but it's fine. The clinic she works at is a finely tuned machine and the doctors all work towards the common goal of ensuring you have a healthy pregnancy. I will be seeing her next week and am looking forward to it.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2017

I am disappointed with my hysterectomy surgery. I was prepped for a full hysterectomy and that is what we talked about. My whole abdominal cavity was filled with endometriosis. This was only partly known prior to my surgery. However due to several fibroid tumors we had discussed a full hysterectomy. The nature of endometriosis is that it can continue to grow whereever there is endometriotic tissue left. So to my dismay, after the surgery, the doctor told me that she had left me with one ovary because "it was healthier." This ovary was diseased with endometriosis. How on earth can it be healthier to leave it there with the potential to spread more endometriosis? I have worried since the surgery that I will have to again be cut open to remove that ovary. And I am upset that she did not follow through with what we talked about. I was powerless to contest that decision under anesthetic.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2017

I followed up my pregnancy with Dr. Wittner smith based on good reviews here , that is why i had to tell my very frustrating experience with her, never in my life i wrote a bad review for anyone! But her mistakes almost cost lives of my most beloved ! I will start off to say i am a pharmacist and my husband is a doctor, so i know what i am talking about. I dont mind being not interactive with patients , spending barely 30 seconds in each visit, not even mKing eye contact or asking about their concerns or anything, But i mind putting my baby at risk And sterilizing me when i didnt ask to ! It was my second after a c-section and i wanted a VBAC, at 37 weeks went for ultrasound and the technician was ni e to tell me baby was footling breech(which requires a C-section) , usually techs dont say anything! Went to her next day and she HANDED ME a copy of the ultrasound and said: when u get contractions go to the hospital ! I was like: how come? Baby is footling breech. She took the ultrasound of my hand and rrad it and said : oh! That was written in a small handwritting !!!! Ok i will finish thr pPers for a c-section, bye !!! I signed the papers for the c-section with the nurse and left in shock. But said it's OK, may be she is having. Bad day or something (although there is no excuse to putting my baby at risk !) The week After she came in Checked the baby heart beat and measurments in a nurry as usual and as she was leabing she says : when u have contractions go to hospital!!i said: what contractions ? You already decided it is a c-section and the date is set for next week and papers are done! She said: oh i forgot!! While i was leaving in another shock I was talking to the reception thAt i dont need another appointment as she is doing my c-section next week, And the third shock kicks in . The reciptionist said: oh dr wittner smith wont be here anyway, she is going on vacation tomorrow! I asked what!!! How is doing my next week c-section then!! They said whoever is on call!! She ignored to even let me know she wont be there for my NEXT WEEK schedulled c-section! Not to mention at the c-section i discovered she stated in the papers that i want a Tubal ligation. Which she NEVER asked me or discussed with me! I also knew in the hospital she billed health services for educating me about breastfeeding. While she never discussed anything with me regarding this matter or anything else! Is the dr on call wasnt nice to go through all details with me i wouldnt have been able to have more children thankx to her !! She was a terrible experience for me! ThNks God she wasnt there for the c-section and i met the great dr. Corbett whom i am following my. Urfent pregnancy with , So nice, passionate, supportive. Knowledgeable , treats patients like human beings not billing numbers and paying attention to all details in blood works and ultrasound and even reading them to me in details to be assured everything is OK! I had another friend who followed up her pregnancy with her and had a bad experience as well! I just had to warn people. Injsual circumstances she might be OK. But in a situation like mine where baby was at real risk she careless unfortunately ! Wishing the best for everyone, and really wish for sake of others that she takes more care!

flag | Submitted January 23, 2017

I had a great experience with Dr. Wittner-Smith with both of my pregnancies. She would always take lots of time with me, ask if I had questions and answer very honestly. My second pregnancy was high risk, but she sent me to the appropriate specialists in order to keep me healthy. I love how blunt and to the point she is and she stayed extremely calm during my complicated c section. She also laughs at my jokes.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2016

Very disappointed with this Dr. She doesn't listen to her patients. She is very dismissive. She doesn't like you to ask any questions. Very unprofessional. Unkind. Uncaring. Basically told me she didn't believe me and walked out on me. I didn't even know the Clinic visit was over until she had her nurse come and get me and tell me to get out. I was so confused - we didn't have a plan as to how we were going to treat my symptoms - she just physically left the room. Unbelievable. I do not recommend this Dr.

flag | Submitted August 5, 2016