Ratings for Dr. Carlissa Wittner-Smith

Horrific Specialist I had to cancel the surgery at the hospital that they booked for me. I returned back to her office to inform the staff that I will not be seeing her within two weeks after thinking about what happened at the clinic. The staff were very kind and suggested that I should see someone else in the clinic, however, I wasn't interested as Dr. Carlissa Wittner-Smith behavior is highly unacceptable plus no doctor would ever send one for hospital surgery without test and physical examination first. Dr. Carlissa Wittner-Smith behaviour is highly unethical, very bad bed-side manners. She greeted me, then after I waited for her to ask any questions which she never did, I gave a brief explanation of what is happening, after that, she said nothing. She abruptly turned and left and gave her staff orders to give me dilation pills, pamphlet to read, and the staff booked me in for surgery in a hospital, and I never saw her again. Communication skill is definitely lacking, and she needs to go to "charm school". I didn't need surgery, nor hospitalization, I don't have cancer until this day. I saved myself an unnecessary procedure, and I never seen another OBGYN since as I just had some spotting between my menstruation because I was working too hard at my job. Of course, she will never know because she just assumed, didn't communicate, nor examine. I have nothing against her nor do we have personality clash. As a result of this incidence, I would definitely not recommend Dr. Carlissa Wittner-Smith to anyone.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2016

Very nice & doesn't rush you. Always asks if any questions. Saw her with 2/3 my babies but didn't actually perform either c-sections. Still would recommend her.

flag | Submitted December 28, 2015

Dismissive and apathetic describes her pretty well.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2015

I have actually never met her!! I am a first time mother and could not get an appointment until I was 30 weeks. A week before the appointment I was told she will not be there I will be seeing another doctor. And same for your next appiontment. I am stuck waiting to meet her once again.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2015

I have had two surgeries with Dr, Wittner-Smith. She is amazing. Her skills are beyond any other that I have met. Friends can not believe how fast I am recovering and even my family dr was amazed at her skill with laparoscopic surgery. I travel from out of town to see her .Her staff is always friendly and helpful as well as punctual.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2015

flag | Submitted June 16, 2015

Dr. Wittner-Smith was my OB when I was pregnant with my daughter. She was everything I could have asked for in an OB and more. She always answered my questions and gave me reassuring answers. Dr. Wittner-Smith was on call the night my daughter was born and ended up performing my c-section. My labour was long and stalled for hours and she helped me decide it was time for a c-section without pushing it on me. She did an amazing job and I plan to go back to her when we decide to have our next baby.

flag | Submitted May 31, 2015

I chose this physician based on the first hand observations I had made of the care she gave to others. She is calm and collected under pressure, she has common sense in spades, and is truly invested in achieving the best possible outcome in any given scenario. She has no hidden agendas, and will give you her best assessment honestly every time. She respected my own assessment of my health and situation, and together we made the decision to do my hysterectomy. I was nervous, of course, but her confidence made it easy to follow through on that difficult decision. My initial recovery was a breeze, and when unexpected complications arose a few weeks post-op, she was quick to deal with them, and I was quickly back on track with my recovery. I now feel healthier than I have in years, and as a bonus, only five months post-op, you can hardly see the scars. My only regret about my experience with her is that I didn't seek out her care sooner.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2015

I chose this doctor based on the reviews I read on here, unfortunately my experience was completely different. Although she was nice to me, she didn't take any interest in my concerns or any of the issues I was having. She was dismissive and apathetic in regards to my concerns, I ended up having sever issues with my delivery which were related to her negligence as she didn't bother assessing me properly in the last month of my pregnancy. I was very lucky that the doctor on call in the hospital was fantastic and delivered my baby safely. The hospital staff even pointed out some of Dr. Wittner-Smith's mistakes and how all the issues with my delivery could have been avoided. She's also always stressed for time and never takes the times to see/talk/listen to you properly. I have a background in healthcare and knew what specific concerns I had, she was super dismissive and brushed aside anything that I had to say, I felt like she treats her patients like idiots.

Submitted May 27, 2015

flag | Submitted May 15, 2015

Dr. Carlissa Wittner-Smith's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "Horrific Specialist I had to cancel the surgery at the hospital that they booked for me. I returned back to her office to inform the staff that I will not be ..."

January 16, 2016
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "Very nice & doesn't rush you. Always asks if any questions. Saw her with 2/3 my babies but didn't actually perform either c-sections. Still would recommend h..."

December 28, 2015
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "Dismissive and apathetic describes her pretty well. "

November 6, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I have actually never met her!! I am a first time mother and could not get an appointment until I was 30 weeks. A week before the appointment I was told she wil..."

September 23, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have had two surgeries with Dr, Wittner-Smith. She is amazing. Her skills are beyond any other that I have met. Friends can not believe how fast I am recover..."

July 2, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Careless with no bedside manners. She will never guide you and her only majic answer is that she has no crystal ball. However, she should have a brain ball!!"

June 16, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Wittner-Smith was my OB when I was pregnant with my daughter. She was everything I could have asked for in an OB and more. She always answered my questions ..."

May 31, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I chose this physician based on the first hand observations I had made of the care she gave to others. She is calm and collected under pressure, she has common ..."

May 29, 2015
  • A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "I chose this doctor based on the reviews I read on here, unfortunately my experience was completely different. Although she was nice to me, she didn't take any ..."

May 27, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "She is amazing. Super friendly and makes you feel very at ease when you're there. "

May 15, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "I had Dr. Wittner-Smith for both of my high risk pregnancies and she was amazing. I knew I was in good hands having her as my ob. She never rushed appointments ..."

May 7, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I've used her for both of my pregnancies and will use her now that I'm pregnant with my third. She was never rude or judgemental. She can be blunt and to the po..."

April 18, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Just had day surgery with Dr. Wittner- Smith and her team, they were great, my recovery has been awesome so far. Not even on pain killers, great job. "

March 10, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I only met her briefly as she was midway through her shift when it was time for me to deliver our baby. She was extremely calm and casual, made small talk the e..."

February 6, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "She is the most down to earth easy going doctor I have ever met. I feel 100 % comfortable with he. She answers all my questions and even takes the time to mak..."

January 22, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "She was awesome with me and what she did in my surgery. .highly recommended to see her.. :)"

December 30, 2014
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Witnner smith was on call for my first delivery. She was calm and easy to talk to when I had to get an emergency c-section. She did an amazing job on my in..."

December 15, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Iv been seeing this dr with all of my pregancy I am 24 weeks with my 4th baby I first came to her at the of 16 and she handeled me not only like a client but ..."

November 3, 2014
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "I really like her as a doctor. She's very nice, calm and chill to talk with. With my pregnancies she lacked any concern or caution. I had a high risk pregnancy..."

October 20, 2014
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "She was the most rude person! I can't believe how unprofessional she was. First while coming from the ultrasound I was told that my placenta was starting to cal..."

October 9, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Wonderful and supportive! A perfect doctor for anyone with anxiety!!!"

September 15, 2014