Ratings for Dr. Carlissa Wittner-Smith

I had a great experience with Dr. Wittner-Smith with both of my pregnancies. She would always take lots of time with me, ask if I had questions and answer very honestly. My second pregnancy was high risk, but she sent me to the appropriate specialists in order to keep me healthy. I love how blunt and to the point she is and she stayed extremely calm during my complicated c section. She also laughs at my jokes.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2016

Very disappointed with this Dr. She doesn't listen to her patients. She is very dismissive. She doesn't like you to ask any questions. Very unprofessional. Unkind. Uncaring. Basically told me she didn't believe me and walked out on me. I didn't even know the Clinic visit was over until she had her nurse come and get me and tell me to get out. I was so confused - we didn't have a plan as to how we were going to treat my symptoms - she just physically left the room. Unbelievable. I do not recommend this Dr.

flag | Submitted August 5, 2016

I had complications with breathing and coughing for over 4 weeks. Because I couldn't see Dr. WS when I wanted, I went to get checked out about my worsening condition with my own GP, who always took care to give my a thorough physical examination each time and reassured that it was a chronic cough but it would go away with rest. I was worried that the cough was turning into something else and asked Dr. WS about this. She appeared to listen but flatly said each time it's a cough that could last for more than three months. By the one month mark, I really was concerned and she asked what my GP said and I shared the info. Without even checking me out (this is a week since I've been at the GP - things could have changed, right?), she just prescribed me some meds for my lungs. Without ever physically examining me or listening to my lungs? I was glad I had something new to try that may possibly help but I found it unprofessional that one can just listen to what a patient says ("he said, she said" kind of thing) without checking it out herself. I trust that she is very skilled at her job but she never really offers extra information when I ask questions and always seem rushed to get out, even if she does apologise to keep me waiting. Skills and knowledge are important as a doctor but she really needs to understand patients also need reassurance and some sort of rapport...and I have never gotten that over the last two months I've seen her. Yikes.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2016

I recently had surgery done by dr Wittner-Smith which was my first surgery ever. She came and saw me every morning while I was in the hospital and answered any questions I had. Even on the day I was being released she was in surgery and made the time to come see me before I left. She is very kind and I felt I was taken care of by the best!!Amazing doctor!

flag | Submitted April 4, 2016

She was very down to earth and helpful. She was informative and didn't make me feel rushed at my appointments!

flag | Submitted February 19, 2016

Horrific Specialist I had to cancel the surgery at the hospital that they booked for me. I returned back to her office to inform the staff that I will not be seeing her within two weeks after thinking about what happened at the clinic. The staff were very kind and suggested that I should see someone else in the clinic, however, I wasn't interested as Dr. Carlissa Wittner-Smith behavior is highly unacceptable plus no doctor would ever send one for hospital surgery without test and physical examination first. Dr. Carlissa Wittner-Smith behaviour is highly unethical, very bad bed-side manners. She greeted me, then after I waited for her to ask any questions which she never did, I gave a brief explanation of what is happening, after that, she said nothing. She abruptly turned and left and gave her staff orders to give me dilation pills, pamphlet to read, and the staff booked me in for surgery in a hospital, and I never saw her again. Communication skill is definitely lacking, and she needs to go to "charm school". I didn't need surgery, nor hospitalization, I don't have cancer until this day. I saved myself an unnecessary procedure, and I never seen another OBGYN since as I just had some spotting between my menstruation because I was working too hard at my job. Of course, she will never know because she just assumed, didn't communicate, nor examine. I have nothing against her nor do we have personality clash. As a result of this incidence, I would definitely not recommend Dr. Carlissa Wittner-Smith to anyone.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2016

Very nice & doesn't rush you. Always asks if any questions. Saw her with 2/3 my babies but didn't actually perform either c-sections. Still would recommend her.

flag | Submitted December 28, 2015

Dismissive and apathetic describes her pretty well.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2015

I have actually never met her!! I am a first time mother and could not get an appointment until I was 30 weeks. A week before the appointment I was told she will not be there I will be seeing another doctor. And same for your next appiontment. I am stuck waiting to meet her once again.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2015

I have had two surgeries with Dr, Wittner-Smith. She is amazing. Her skills are beyond any other that I have met. Friends can not believe how fast I am recovering and even my family dr was amazed at her skill with laparoscopic surgery. I travel from out of town to see her .Her staff is always friendly and helpful as well as punctual.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2015