Dr. Patrick G. O'Donnell

Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Patrick G. O'Donnell

I started seeing Dr. O'donnell when my old psychiatrist wasn't helping anymore. My previous doctor would listen to me for a few minutes, make a minor change in my medication, and they never helped. After 2 years of sliding deeper into mental health problems, after having to check myself into the emergency room, I picked Dr. O'donnell's name randomly in the phone book (randomly under the list of psychiatrists). He changed all my meds around, not all at once, and after a few months it got worse. Was it his fault or was it my own declining mental health? I decided to stick with him, and about 10 months after I started seeing him, I was back in life, except since that time (2+ years ago) I have been in the best mental health state that I have ever been in. The last two years have been the best of my life. This was well worth the wait. Most medications don't work immediately. Spent 8 hours in the first 2 sessions to thoroughly get to know my mental health state. Other docs spent 1.5 hrs max

flag | Submitted January 20, 2013

WITHOUT A DOUBT THE WORST DOCTOR I'VE EVER SEEN.. LOADED ME UP ON MEDS AND WHEN I WAS GETTIN WORSE FROM TO MUCH OF THE WRONG MEDS HE SAID INCREASE IT. HE IS VERY OCD AND MY FORMER NURSE AT SIU CHECKED HIM OUT AND IN 15 MINUTES HAD ALL MEDS STOPPED AT MY PHARMACY AND TOLD ME TO GET AWAY FROM HIM ASAP. HE WOULD CALL 10:20, 10:10 PM, TO LATE. HE SET ME BACK A MILE.PLEASE BE CAUTIOUS OF DOCTORS THAT DRIVE 32 YEAR OLD CARS !! USE YOUR OWN DISCRETION BUT I WOULD NEVER RECCOMEND HIM TO ANYONE. HE SENT ME A BILL FOR $259.08 WHEN HE AGREED TO TAKE WHAT MEDICARE PAID AND I WOULD PAY NOTHING BECAUSE I'M ON SSDI AND TOLD HIM I HAD NO MONEY BUT HE RENIGGED. I HAVE CONTACTED ''EQUIP FOR EQUITY'' AND THE ATTORNEY GENERAL AND AM CURRENTLY WORKING WITH THEM TO RESOLVE HIS LIE IN REGARDS TO ANY BILLS AND BILLING PROCEDURES. BE CAREFUL WHEN YOU TAKE THE WORD OF A MANIC DEPRESSIVE WHO SAID '' HE SAVED MY LIFE''---NO NAMES MENTIONED....

flag | Submitted October 31, 2012

Been our doctor of over 20 years. Very knowledgeable and listens to you and does everything to make you feel better

flag | Submitted February 11, 2008

Dr. O'Donnell is thorough, responsive, an astute listener, and in our experience, a pro-active physician. We've moved so we don't see him any more, but we miss him! Highly recommend!

flag | Submitted October 15, 2007

Very sweet, though quiet. Competent. He's our family doctor now for almost 16 years.

flag | Submitted December 23, 2006

Dr. Patrick G. O'Donnell's Credentials

• Finch U Of Hs/Chicago Med Sch, North Chicago Il 60664 (Grad. 1981)

Amerigroup