Ratings for Dr. Patricia Raby

Dr Raby delivered both my children. One in 1997 and the other in 2000. For those complaining think about this.....we have a shortage of all doctors in this area so yes she is very busy. I always booked appointments first thing in the morning. Yes she was late but she was coming in from the hospital after having seen her patients who likely came in over night. Wouldn't you like to see her if you had an on call doctor all night? She can be abrupt, to the point and sometimes makes the spouse/partner feel awkward. However, who is the patient. You and your baby. And while she doesn't sugar coat anything is that not better than trying to figure out what she means? I was told I might never have any children but she treated my endometriosis and saw me through both pregnancies. It's been 25 years since my first encounter with her and it is thanks to her I had 2 amazing children. No one can please everyone's "preferences". It's impossible. But think about this...the most important thing about a pregnancy are the lives of the mother and baby. So if she's over precautions...direct and very matter of fact....know that Dr Ruby has two priorities.....you and the new life you have created.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2017

Dr Raby is very helpful but front desk she is very rude and inconsiderate.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2017

Dr. Raby is AMAZING!!! She delivered my first and second child and I could not have asked for a better doctor!!! She is very knowledgeable, understanding, caring, compassionate and on the ball! Always made me feel like my baby and I were safe and very looked after!!

flag | Submitted September 5, 2017

I have not been a patient of doctor Raby but she delievered my son in 2014. She was amazing. My mother in law pointed out Dr Raby ignored my family and went straight to me while I was in labour to discuss with me I would need a c-section. I personally found her to have a welcoming and comforting manner. Even though I had never met her before I felt safe with her. She was excellent.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2017

Front desk staff is incredibly rude, dr raby should look into hiring someone who at least seems to enjoy working there, and they need to either schedule less patients or be better at it, the fasted they have taken me in was 30 mins after my appointment, the front desk staff doesn't seem to be willing or liking working with you as if it's hurting her to help me, some days I just can't come in and she is really rude about helping or figuring out a different time and date. This is my second pregnancy and my second time being dr Rabys patient I did try to get a different OB but didn't succeed I'm very dissatisfied with how they run their business here. I would not recommend anybody coming here unless your ok with waiting 45 mins every time after your actual scheduled appointment and with a rude front desk lady that doesn't even bother to ask how you are doing or even saying hi! I don't understand what takes them so long as when they take you in dr raby doesn't even spend 5 minutes with you, waste of my time

flag | Submitted August 15, 2017

The doctor seems knowledgeable but the front desk staff is really rude and doesn't seem to know basic interpersonal skills. I do agree that the office is small, dark and privacy is not paramount concern of them, and waiting times are REALLY long. I have been on time and even early when I visit, but I always had to wait for 45 min to an hour before I was called in. I think if the overall attitude of the staff was friendly and welcoming, my experience would have been slightly better. The doctor is very direct and answered my questions regarding the pregnancy okay, she did seem to know what she was talking about. I did have some concerns about a scan I had a few weeks before (on their recommendation), but was not told anything about the results. I asked and was told that everything was fine. That was it. no elaboration or anything! I would appreciate if this was told to me during the appointment, rather than have me wait till the end of it wondering when she was going to talk about it and realizing that she wasnt, unless I asked, and then get a really short "Everything is fine" answer. So, I would say, the doctor is not very forthcoming about details unless you ask them, which is kind of weird because you expect them to give you all the information related to your situation readily.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2017

We had Dr Raby for a pre term pregnancy. She appears to be knowable is her profession but it was the most uwelcoming office I have been in. She and her staff were rude and militant She does not take time to answer questions, we found her "compassion" very insincere. She was direct and short but without sufficient explanations about pregnancy issues. We have used other ob's since and would never recommend he by comparison.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2017

I am 2 weeks away from my due date so right now my appointments are to see if I am dilated, she had long nails it was very uncomfortable and painful. She was dismissive and ignored all our questions and statements. Started the appointment without my partner in the room which made me anxious. Literally attempted to pry my legs open after saying to me "that I was making this worse on myself by tensing." I tensed in fear of her long nails. No idea on her knowledge because the only reason she talked to me or my partner was to give instructions. Staff refused to speak to my partner. She was not helpful in any way. After the appointment when I went to go get my papers from the secretary she was on the phone talking to a friend, we had to wait until she was done on the phone to get my papers back. Would not recommend her as a OBGYN unless you are ok with an agressive, rude Doctor.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2017

Dr. Raby is a very kind and caring doctor despite being very to the point. Despite this she was not particularly forthcoming with information about my pregnancy so I was often left in the dark. Her office never runs on a timely manner, I waited around an hour for each appointment throughout my pregnancy but had waited up to 2 hours before being seen. The receptionist is extremely rude and seems not to care about any of the patients.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2017

My first impression of this office was not good. The waiting room never has lights on, you can hear the toilet running, and most conversations between receptionist and the doctor can easily be heard throughout the office- patient privacy did not seem to be on the priority list. I was also disappointed at having to pee on a urine stick and take it out into the waiting room and stand there until the receptionist looked at it. Not the most hygienic practice, and somewhat humiliating when the waiting room is full of people. The actual treatment rooms have garbage bags on the chairs (under the paper liner) and I saw no sign of disinfectant wipes anywhere in sight- not saying they don't use them, but they certainly don't advertise that they do. I was never seen on time, and although I understand a doctors schedule isn't black and white, an apology would've been appreciated. The receptionist is very unapproachable, rude, and doesn't seem to care about patients time. Although the office itself was a horrible experience, Dr. Raby was a great doctor. She is very thorough and puts her patients best interest first. She is knowledgable and kind, and I trusted being in her care. I only wish she would make her office a more pleasant/welcoming atmosphere for the amount of time her patients spend there.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2017