Ratings for Dr. Patricia Raby

Loved her! She has been with us through the birth of my niece (now 17), nephew and daughters. Right up until her retirement, she has been an outstanding provider who kept her promise to care for her clients. I’ve seen men comment and review that they’d been “ignored” but couldn’t see that her focus wasn’t to hold anyone’s hand, it was to do her job for women and unborn children. She’ll be missed.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2018

Horrible! Avoid at all costs! This woman should not be a physician, much less an OB. My entire career has been in healthcare, and if I behaved the way she does I would have been fired many times over.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2018

Just plain awful, unprofessional. Refused to tell me what was happening in a difficult situation. Run fast. I actually phoned the hospital to avoid her in a later pregnancy

flag | Submitted July 12, 2018

I met Dr Raby for one appt. That was MORE than enough. She was rude, demanding, told my husband where to stand. When I asked questions she told me to "get off the internet" and that she does every procedure exactly as often as necessary. Reading through all the comments just confirms many of my suspicions. O.o I went back to my family doctor and insisted on a referral to a different OB. Dr Halmo was great. Having now had 4 uncomplicated births, the first with Halmo, and the subsequent with midwives, and now expecting my 5th... it still haunts me that if I had not spoken up I likely would have been treated as many of the commenters say as a false high risk and who knows how that would have turned out. She sounds GREAT for deliveries that are complicated or difficult. But for anyone with an uncomplicated pregnancy and low risk? Please find yourself a much more supportive hands off doctor or midwife.

flag | Submitted May 24, 2018

I chose Dr. Raby after my best friend recommended her to me. I had read all these crappy reviews and was very nervous to see her at first. But let me tell you, it was worth it. This woman has been doing her job for many decades. She knows what she's doing. When you're pregnant and starting to see an OB, here's some info for all you crabby whiners... every OB is over booked. You should expect to wait atleast an hour before seen no matter who you see! Try to think about a day in their shoes. They have a full day booked of overlapped appointments because there's a shortage of Drs. They also all take turns being on call to the hospital for Emergencies. So, before you get all huffy that she wasn't on time... I want you to know something. The extra care she's giving someone else is needed. And she will do the same for you if you need it. She cares about your health and the baby. That's it. She doesn't need a boatload of people in her way in the small exam rooms. And someone else claimed she opened the door while their bits were exposed and someone across the hall saw.... LIE! She has TWO exam rooms, and their side by side. Not possible. As for Lisa, so what if she sees?! She's a female and also assists so... deal with it. I want to also bring something else up. I am a firm believer Dr. Raby has Aspergers. She's very particular about how her office runs. So what!? She was so amazing with my first and only pregnancy. She ran lots of tests because she was concerned. She only tells you what you need to know. She purposely doesn't fill your head with little things because she wants you to have a stress free pregnancy. She told me once: "Leave the worry to me". She is not extremely warm but she can be when it's required. I had a rough pregnancy and she hugged me and wiped my tears so many times. My baby was breech. We had a scheduled c sec (I will agree she does push surgery hard... but breech is breech). She had weekly ultrasounds to keep an eye on my baby. In the O.R. I was scared and she hugged me and we had a code pink and she did amazing. She was calm and in control. She even came to visit me all weekend/week ON HER time to check in. I had issues with my incision and she cared for me for months after. She fought to get me tests for free that I couldn't afford, she bought my compression leggings too. She is amazing. If you treat her with respect, are polite and honest, and trust her... She's amazing. Stop judging her so harshly. She's only human too. We all struggle and she has a hard job. Ease up! Thanks Patricia, I loved your care, and my daughter who is almost 4 was blessed to have you looking after us.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2018

What a rude woman. I was so happy that my baby was delivered by the doctor on call instead of Dr. Raby, even though she was my actual doctor! I often was treated like a nuisance by her and by her staff.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2018

Dr. Raby is an ANGEL ON EARTH. She was not my OB back in Jan 2013 with my first - what a mistake going with anyone else. The office I went to before made me wait 1-2 hours for EVERY SINGLE APPOINTMENT. It was absolutely outrageous. When I was in labor with my first she ended up coming in near the end as an oncall doctor. My OB was never present during my 37 hour labour. Dr. Raby walked in near the ending hours and wondered why they kept me waiting so long as I did 31 hours without epidural. I had a very intense labour and she took me into a c section which I was extremely uneasy about and she kept me calm and engaged the entire time with the help of her nurses and anesthesiologist. I felt a great connection with her and as soon as she walked in the room you knew she meant business. When I got pregnant with my second, I knew there was no one else in this world that I would want to bring him into this world other than Dr. Raby. We ended up doing a planned c-section and everything went wonderful! Fast forward 6 weeks to my checkup and I was having extreme anxiety and panic attacks. She sat me down and told me she loved me and that she was there for me and that there was help if I needed. She told me to visit anytime I needed. Her kindness made me cry and I will remember that conversation for the rest of my life because people think Pat and her staff are rude and cold... let me just say she has been doing this for a LONG time. There is a certain amount of disconnection you need to have in order to be a doctor. I learnt after my first son that I don't want someone to be my friend when I'm pregnant and/or giving birth. I want someone who knows what they're doing. And someone who will take care of me and my baby no matter what. This is Dr. Raby. By the way-She ALWAYS means well. She wouldn't be in this line of work if she didn't. Her level of honesty and professionalism will trump any doctor out there. She is a blessing. I pray she doesn't retire before I am ready for another. Because if I have another baby I only want her taking me on that journey for a 3rd time. If anyone wants an OB that knows her profession- go with Dr. Raby. Ps- this woman also delivered my better half 25 years ago and I have to thank Her for that blessing aswell :) God bless you Patricia Raby!

flag | Submitted March 11, 2018

Definitely not a baby you kind of doctor but smart and kind went out of her way to come back because I had been up all night with my daughter rather then wake me.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2018

Dr. Raby is one of the worst obs ever. Thankfully, I only had her once, when my own doctor could not make it in time for the birth. And although the nurse raved about her, I found Dr. Raby to be terrible.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2018

Dr Raby delivered both my children. One in 1997 and the other in 2000. For those complaining think about this.....we have a shortage of all doctors in this area so yes she is very busy. I always booked appointments first thing in the morning. Yes she was late but she was coming in from the hospital after having seen her patients who likely came in over night. Wouldn't you like to see her if you had an on call doctor all night? She can be abrupt, to the point and sometimes makes the spouse/partner feel awkward. However, who is the patient. You and your baby. And while she doesn't sugar coat anything is that not better than trying to figure out what she means? I was told I might never have any children but she treated my endometriosis and saw me through both pregnancies. It's been 25 years since my first encounter with her and it is thanks to her I had 2 amazing children. No one can please everyone's "preferences". It's impossible. But think about this...the most important thing about a pregnancy are the lives of the mother and baby. So if she's over precautions...direct and very matter of fact....know that Dr Ruby has two priorities.....you and the new life you have created.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2017