Ratings for Dr. Stephen Halmo

I have been dealing with Dr Halmo since my oldest daughter was born, 19 years. I was seeing a different Gynecologist about 10 yrs ago and they ignored the extreme pain i was getting from Endometriosis. As soon as I ask my family Dr to refer me to Dr Halmo he was quick to help me. He is very detailed at explaining everything, very polite, all he wanted was to make me feel comfortable again and I do now! my endometriosis was so bad that I was in bed for 3 days a month now I'm fine, i no longer worry or terrified with the pain i am going to endure when i get my period. Thank you Dr Halmo for helping me.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2018

Dr. Halmo is a kind & sensitive. He comes from a place of compassion and I am very impressed with his skill set as a gynecologist. His office is clean, and staff are professional. I have not needed to wait in excess for an appointment. Overall I am very impressed with Dr. Halmo.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2018

I saw him for a procedure to remove polyps at GRH a few months ago. At the end, Dr Halmo told me if he noticed anything unusual, his office would give me a call. His office didn't give me a call... good news right??? No wait... something isn't right here... usually when they find CANCER they call the patient. Not in Dr. Halmo's world. His office also gave me the wrong date for an MRI!!!!! Don't waste your time or risk your health with this guy... RUN!!!!!

flag | Submitted February 10, 2018

Dr. Halmo was my moms OB. Naturally i went to him as well when trying to get pregnant. Dr. halmo was quick to refer me to a specialist and within 3 months i was pregnant!!! He was amazing during all my visits.. His office was busy at times but i took that as a positive thing. I ended up having my son early.. And dr.halmo did not deliver him. He did come and check on me after my c-section. I felt wonderful knowing he came to see me and the baby. I am so excited to start this journey all over again with dr. Halmo. I can appriciate others point of views.. No docotor is perfect. You have the choice to be reffered to another OB if you dont like the one you have. I would recomend dr. Halmo !! Hes funny and very informative!!

flag | Submitted February 1, 2018

While he never delivered any of my babies he was my OB for 3 pregnancies and 3 miscarriages. Super grateful to him and his staff for everything over the last 6 years — they are incredible.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2018

Can't say enough about him. He handled both pregnancies and also the one I lost. Kind, sensitive and very skilled. Always took time to answer questions. Good sense of humour. Incredibly positive experience. Always checked in on me at the hospital. He was the right OB for me. Grateful for him.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2017

Awful experience all around. I really regret my decision to have him as my OB. His office is dirty and moldy. The bathroom at the office is extremely unsenitary. You usually have to stand in his waiting room because there are so many people, he definitely over booked appointments. I have never been seen on time, ever. He is always running at least 45 minutes late. I have never seen him for longer than 5 minutes, he never even sits at the appointment just rushes through. I have extreme mom guilt for choosing him, the delivery was awful and I would not recommend him for anything. Absolutely nothing positive came from being his patient. I am going to a different hospital in a different city to make sure there is no chance of him ever being my Dr again.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2017

He was completely negligent I when he performed a hysterectomy on me and as a result I had a very large hematoma for I we a year in my stomach. Arrogant and sneaky.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2017

I cannot believe some people trust this person. He is arrogant, does not listen to what you have to say, does not give you the time of day unless it is about him and has caused so much worry because when he makes a major mistake during surgery, he does not want to follow up with damage he has caused. I worry for his other patients who are vulnerable and trust him.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2017

Dr Halmo was very nice and knowledgeable when I needed to change my birth plan

flag | Submitted September 27, 2017