Ratings for Dr. Robert C. Biesbroeck

This post is more about the office itself than the doctor. I went in a few weeks ago to see Dr. Beisbroeck about a potential pituitary tumor (brain tumor). I was showing symptoms of one so my primary care doctor wanted me to see a specialist who could order me an MRI to confirm rather or not I had one. Due to the stress of wondering rather or not I had a brain tumor, I strongly stressed to the office that time was of the essence for me. Before scheduling my appointment on the phone I gave the office my insurance information and was assured that they took my insurance. When I finally went in for my actual appointment the office again said they took my insurance and took a copay from me. Then I waited over an hour to see the Dr. Beisbroeck. Dr. Beisbroeck quickly looked over my labs and paperwork and basically told me the exact same thing my primary care doctor had said. He then said his office would order me an MRI for later that week and to schedule a follow up appointment in three weeks. About a week later his office calls me and says that they do not take my insurance and that they cannot order me an MRI or see me again unless I want to pay out of pocket. I asked how much an MRI would be out of pocket and they quoted me $3,000-$5,000, so that was obviously not an option for me and I told the office that. I also asked if the office was going to bill me for the appointment that I already had, even though the doctor simply repeated everything my primary care doctor had already told me, took a copay from me, and confirmed on two occasions prior to my appointment that they took my insurance. I was told the office had not decided what to do about that yet but I may be getting a bill in the mail. The office also failed to even apologize about this whole horrific experience. Then today the office called me to confirm rather or not I am coming to my follow up appointment. I re-explained the situation and said that I was frustrated about my whole experience. Instead of apologizing, the receptionist failed to address any of my concerns and actually talked over me saying "your appointment is cancelled" and then just hung up the phone. It seems that there office is not only extremely rude and does not care about their patients, but also they obviously do not communicate with each other! This office wasted weeks of my time when I could have been receiving medical treatment elsewhere, and is without a doubt the most unorganized doctor's office I have ever been to! If I could give them zero stars I would!

flag | Submitted May 20, 2016

I have to agree with the other 1 star reviews. It's not just the insane wait times or the fact this guy is one rudest and most condescending people you will ever meet or that he spends less than 5min with you. This guy and his "Diabetes Educator" Margret prescribed meds, the next visit I told them my sugars were too low with the dosage prescribed. She got rattled and denied prescribing the meds. (Now, I have it in her own handwriting but I didn't want to show her and make the situation worse.) I just sat there, let her treat me like a 2 year old, give me a lower dosage, then hustle me out the door.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2015

As a youngster, having no one beside me is very difficult. Dr. Biesbroeck is very concise during appointments, and it's totally understandable since I am not the only patient waiting/to be seen. I like how he is concise for I am a busy person too. Maybe I am more patient kind of patient than the rest of you since I am younger, but I know for a fact that I am not the only patient around. And no front desk officer will ever have a good day with rude patients. I work at a huge hospital, and dealing with certain complaints will definitely burn someone out. I've heard how patients would complain about their forgotten procedures/pricing of procedures like it was the front desk officers' fault. Some of us don't have much heart and brain to be more broadminded. I'm glad I pursued on a different career. It's so hard to deal with narrow-minded and dogmatic people.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2015

I've experienced numerous problems with East Valley Endocrinology being capable of returning a faxed in prescription request from my pump supply in less that 3 weeks time frame. It took multiple calls from the pump supply company and myself before I found one staff member who cared enough to take the time to resolve the delay. I've also had problems getting a prescription faxed in from my mail order pharmacy filled at all. Even after speaking to the same phone rep twice, and leaving a frantic voice mail with the office manager pleading for someone to return the prescription ASAP so I wouldn't run out of pump supplies (which I eventually did run out of), I never received any contact from their office and my prescription went un-returned. I had to make an appointment with my general practitioner's office to get them to write the prescription for me while I research and find a different endocrinologist. It's a shame I have to leave, I felt Dr Biesbroeck was making good progress in my care, his staff just doesn't care about the patients and getting proper, total care, is impossible.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2014

I could not even make an apointment with the office. I tried calling all day and the wait was so long that I had to try to call back. When they did answer the phone they put me on hold 3 times and when the lady answered she asked me again what I needed. I told her that I needed an appt. She asked who the doctor was that sent me over and when I told her she asked me to spell it and I told her that I didnt know and she said she could not make the appt unless I had the spelling and phone number. I told her that I would google it and she said " I dont have the time to wait for you, I am to busy." Well I will go somewhere else that can at least make me an appt with out with being rude and too busy.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2012

This Dr should have retired a LONG time ago instead of treating patients like he does. His lack of concern and time for the people in his care should concern those providing him a medical license, which should be suspended.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2012

Very good doctor and explains procedures etc. well. Highly recommend him as he takes his time and does not rush into surgery.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2012

Dr. Biesbroeck has been my doctor for 8 years now and i switched to dr biesbroeck after a horrible experience with another endro i am happy to say Dr biesbroeck and his staff are wonderful i would recommend him to family and friends,he is a caring doctor and his staff is amazing!

flag | Submitted July 1, 2012

My initial visit was for a nodule on my thyroid. I have had two ultrasounds. Dr. wanted a new one since latest was one year old and blood work. I get one day a week off work and was not able to schedule with his office for an ultrasound because they only do them on certain days. I called and asked office for paperwork to get ultrasound done somewhere else. The staff said the Dr. denied it? If the Dr. feels I need one but won't give paper work, did it come down to him wanting money from his staff doing it? Could not understand why he would deny it. I am now looking for a new endocrinologist. Upset because I did want it to work out with him. Waste of money and time.Don't know how good he is. Never got that chance to find out.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2012

I enjoy the dr but the front staff is very rude. Waited over an hour.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2012

Dr. Robert C. Biesbroeck's Credentials

• Saint Louis University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1976)