Ratings for Dr. Victor Cherniak

Embarrasing. Unprofessional and useless. Was incorrect on common knowledge.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2018

Wow! Where to begin...I see a lot of haters on here. I have been a patient of Dr C since he took over for Erb Jr (who was rude and practiced bodyshaming) and I am dreading the day he retires. I think he is a great Dr. Is he short with people at times? Sure but aren't we all? If someone can say they are full of sunshine and rainbows towards others 24/7 I call poppycock! I have been known to be short with people as I "come down" from dealing with a stressful situation or another person. As patients who dont always follow Drs orders we do deserve to be scolded. If you aren't going to listen or follow his advice why waste his time by going to see him? My husband who was under the care of Dr at Grandview is a diabetic who was not receiving adequate care and was getting worse. Dr C took him on and although he did have to start insulin his condition and numbers have improved greatly under Dr C's guidance. He will see my husband or one of my kids if they come with me even though they don't have an appt. He works Saturdays and not just the Saturdays he is the Dr on call for the Heritage Group. He has given my husband his cell phone number to call him personally. He visits seniors at home if they are unable to go to the Dr, makes phone calls to help and advocate for the patient. How many Drs of today do these things? Very few I imagine. Does he bring religion up at times? Sure. If it is that problematic to you tell him and maybe he wont do it again. I am not a religious person but I dont lose my mind because he brings it up nor am I offended by it. Every relationship is 50 50. I am reading a lot of negatives towards his end but how about you look at your own end as well. Are you compliant with treatment? It must be frustrating to treat a patient who doesnt follow your advice but then comes in whining about the same things over and over. He is amazing. I dont work for him not have I received compensation for my review. I just happen to think hes a good egg. Happily reviewed by L.H.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2018

I do not work for him. Has been my Dr since he took over from Dr Erb Jr. I had senior Erb as well. Dr Erb Jr was not friendly in any way shape or form. Dr Cherniak is great. All of my family go to him and he is nothing but helpful. My father is in failing health and can not leave the house and Dr Cherniak comes to see him on his lunch hour or after work to make sure he is ok. I have been in hospital a few times and have had horrible experiences with Doctors. No bedside manner at all. But you know what, I'm not there for good times. I am there for a diagnosis with a problem. He is very compassionate and understanding. Is he a little short sometimes, sure. Who has not been. I find it hard to believe that everyone on here writing a review who is negative, has never had a negative moment at work that came across to another staff member or a customer. I call BS. I will say that some of the front desk staff at his old office were horrible. But luckily, the good, friendly, kind blond Cathy went with Dr. Cherniak to his new office and there he brought on Sarah who is great too. I thank Dr. Cherniak for being a great doctor who cares about his patients. It makes me wonder what kind of vibe some patients are putting out that maybe the doctor is picking up on and unknowingly giving back to the patient. Anyway, thank you Dr. Cherniak for being a great doctor who cares.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2018

Have finally got a new terrific doctor! And it's not dr. Cherniak, have been at this dr's office since dr. Erb who was great! And sadly left and also left us with this not so interested in your health dr. He would rather be somewhere else other than treating his patients. When your Dr. starts saying that hes missing information in your file and it's your fault cause you didn't come to follow up , when you did! And giving a needle and thinks it's a joke to say it's something else that he said he gave you!!!!!! Is no joke!!! That was the last straw! Good luck to has him as a doctor! Incompetent and rude, time for him to get out of the business.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2018

No need to repeat all the negative reviews, but they are all true. Dr. Cherniak is a Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. We have been with him since Dr. Erb left and only stayed because it was impossible to get in with a new doctor. We have moved and now on a waiting list to get in with a new doctor. My kids hated dr Cherniak so stopped going once they were grown and gone. Again, all the negative reviews are true. Also, if you are looking for a doctor who listens to your symptoms, this is not the doctor for you as he cuts you off at every other word and doesn’t let you finish. Very frustrating.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2017

I have been a patient of Dr Cherniak since he took over the practice. I have nothing but praise for the way he treats his patients. He knows his stuff and listens. The staff he has since he moved to Conestoga Blvd are efficient and friendly. I had no use for the receptionist he shared on Coronation.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2017

I have been a patient of Dr Cherniak since he took over for Dr Erb. I have no issues with him or his staff. I have never been treated badly by anyone in his office. I have to laugh at the angry bitter people on here claiming all the good reviews are fake or by his staff. Have you people nothing better to do than spend your time making assumptions?? I go to the doctor for answers not to be babied and coddled. I appreciate the straight up tell it like it is attitude. My health is something i dont tip toe around

flag | Submitted June 17, 2017

I do believe Doctor's have good days and bad days, but dr Cherniak has been constantly horrible to me as well. Maybe he picks favourites who knows but Im certainly glad I found a new doctor too. Doesn't matter how many patients you have, don't care... You shouldn't be working with the public if you act like a miserable arrogant man. Though he is good at what he does, no health care is worth the abuse he puts you through.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2016

I am truly shocked by some of the comments! I have been a patient of Dr. Cherniak's since childhood and the only complaint I have is his receptionist (the older one I think it is Lisa) sometimes diagnoses over the phone or assumes you don't need to be seen urgently.He also HOWEVER, he has a great girl Sarah working with him now and I have found if I just ask for her, she is very polite, professional, and sincere and handles my issues well. In regards to him as a doctor, I think some people may need a wake up call! He is human.. he will have good days and bad days just like we do. He is competent, he does things that some doctors don't such as mole removals and stitches in the office. He doesn't just send you to a specialist. He is not strict about one thing per visit. I mean I know doctors that literally it is one exact thing. NOTHING else. He has reached out to me and my family at difficult times. He is on time, another thing most doctors are NOT. I have never waited more than 30 minutes and that is amazing, truly it is, and if you think it isn't you are naive. We have to remember he is one person with probably 1500 patients. Take your healthcare into your own hands. Make notes, ask questions, book follow ups to get test results, don't wait for them to call you, call them. I have no problem being on top of my own health care.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2016

Horrible doctor and the staff is almost as bad. Anyone who says otherwise is a liar and is being sent from them to write nice things... Maybe even writing it themselves. I don't know how he is even able to continue providing service to people with his disgusting and rude behaviour, especially when he turns every visit into a church sermon. So glad my entire family is out of there, we are much happier now:)

flag | Submitted June 1, 2016