Ratings for Dr. Victor Cherniak

I have been a patient of Dr Cherniak since he took over the practice. I have nothing but praise for the way he treats his patients. He knows his stuff and listens. The staff he has since he moved to Conestoga Blvd are efficient and friendly. I had no use for the receptionist he shared on Coronation.

flag | Submitted August 12, 2017

I have been a patient of Dr Cherniak since he took over for Dr Erb. I have no issues with him or his staff. I have never been treated badly by anyone in his office. I have to laugh at the angry bitter people on here claiming all the good reviews are fake or by his staff. Have you people nothing better to do than spend your time making assumptions?? I go to the doctor for answers not to be babied and coddled. I appreciate the straight up tell it like it is attitude. My health is something i dont tip toe around

flag | Submitted June 17, 2017

I do believe Doctor's have good days and bad days, but dr Cherniak has been constantly horrible to me as well. Maybe he picks favourites who knows but Im certainly glad I found a new doctor too. Doesn't matter how many patients you have, don't care... You shouldn't be working with the public if you act like a miserable arrogant man. Though he is good at what he does, no health care is worth the abuse he puts you through.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2016

I am truly shocked by some of the comments! I have been a patient of Dr. Cherniak's since childhood and the only complaint I have is his receptionist (the older one I think it is Lisa) sometimes diagnoses over the phone or assumes you don't need to be seen urgently.He also HOWEVER, he has a great girl Sarah working with him now and I have found if I just ask for her, she is very polite, professional, and sincere and handles my issues well. In regards to him as a doctor, I think some people may need a wake up call! He is human.. he will have good days and bad days just like we do. He is competent, he does things that some doctors don't such as mole removals and stitches in the office. He doesn't just send you to a specialist. He is not strict about one thing per visit. I mean I know doctors that literally it is one exact thing. NOTHING else. He has reached out to me and my family at difficult times. He is on time, another thing most doctors are NOT. I have never waited more than 30 minutes and that is amazing, truly it is, and if you think it isn't you are naive. We have to remember he is one person with probably 1500 patients. Take your healthcare into your own hands. Make notes, ask questions, book follow ups to get test results, don't wait for them to call you, call them. I have no problem being on top of my own health care.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2016

Horrible doctor and the staff is almost as bad. Anyone who says otherwise is a liar and is being sent from them to write nice things... Maybe even writing it themselves. I don't know how he is even able to continue providing service to people with his disgusting and rude behaviour, especially when he turns every visit into a church sermon. So glad my entire family is out of there, we are much happier now:)

flag | Submitted June 1, 2016

Great doctor, and office. All the staff is extremely friendly and very helpful.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2016

I call bu/lsh@t on anyone who left 5/5 on everything for rating Dr.Cherniak, it's obvious his staff as well as himself have come on here or sent people to leave a "good" review. Well I will tell you the truth, the unrated truth. I have had this doctor for many many years and I have always tried to respect him thinking that he knows best. One comment on here mentioned that some days he would be nicer than others and then bam, he is rude and answers your questions with his head held high and eyes closed in the most smug and condescending way like you are stupid or annoying. Wake up Victor, you are dealing with the public you arrogant $@&$! and you are suppose to be getting paid for helping heal the public, not ramming bible verses down our throat with God know how many prescriptions you have pushed on me. News flash, a religious man shouldn't be judging people and since when did a doctors office become a church sermon?! He acts all high and mighty like he is God or something and I have left his office many times with no answers, no help and tears ... Besides the pain killers to shut me up again. Don't even get me started on his office staff, they talk to you like they are annoyed you called or visited, how about do your job! The excuse of being extremely busy due to managing patients well is a very poor excuse for their behaviour... Good manors don't cost a thing and they don't make any effort to be genuine or kind. I have to say I'm so relieved that I see more truthful comments about his horrific practice, I honestly thought I was the only one! He needs to do Cambridge a favour and retire, I have to say I'm doing much better now that I have left! Don't believe me and think I'm lieing? Try sitting in his waiting room for a day and you can witness it for yourself, sometimes if you are lucky, you will catch him yelling at a patient in his office so loud even with the door closed. If you happen to have him as a doctor... "Good luck"!

flag | Submitted February 13, 2016

I will agree with almost all the comments in this rating chain, he is very condescending and he will cut you off mid sentence EVEN after asking what your symptoms are and how one is feeling. In reguards to staff, they are absolutely horrid! There are two blond imbeciles that have made me cry twice from infuriating me because they are neglegent towards ones' needs. They will always refer you to the after hours and will see history with you and the doctor and still try to make you an appointment for a simple prescription. Staff has always been a problem, including his in office nurse (his wife). They are very pompous and condescending. They must have a stick up their rear because they are medical receptionists and I can assure you they belittle everyone and don't even have an expanded education themselves. Complete trash who never help and fail to follow protocol. Nasty women who get offended too easily, if you can't handle some criticism then DONT f***ing work at a desk where you provide customer service and have to deal with sticky situations. Already left for another doctor.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2016

I have been with Dr. Cherniak as a child to adulthood since Dr. Erb left. Over a life time of being with Dr. Cherniak I have found him to be mostly rude and impolite. I work in the health care field and due to my job have a solid Anatomy and Physiology base to draw from when I have personal health problems. When I talk to Doctor over health issues I have he appears to fall apart and become agitated. Not all doctors know everything however Dr. Cherniak has not come to this humble conclusion. is level of knowledge is outdated with his age and no longer adequate. Prescriptions and God seem to be the only solutions for him, on more then one occasion I have not accepted a prescription from him or entered in one of his senseless studies. I am now looking for a new family doctor.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2014

Wow reading all the comments all I can say is they are ALL true. This man has many faces. He can be kind and caring one day only to be the rudest, condesending man I have ever met the next. He is indeed a drug pusher always happy to write scripts. I have left his office on many occasions crying (and not due to illness) due to rudeness. He has at other time complimented me and told me I am a perfectionist and have high standards - indeed in the end that is why I found a new doctor. I personally think he suffers from a serious mood disorder that affects the way he treats people. Glad I left him as did my daughter - who was often insulted and ridiculed at the hands of this man.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2013