Ratings for Dr. R.B. Shetty

If this is the same Dr. Shetty in Newfoundland in 1997, then I believe he is responsible for baby'shower brain injury during delivery. Forceps failed x2. Waited way too long for him to decide to do an emergency contact section. My son now has cerebral palsy and a seizure disorder.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2017

Dr shetty is great he is very understanding when it comes to my comfortability. He doesn't pressure me or make me feel bad. He is outgoing and talks to you like a friend. Even his receptionist is a lovely Person. If you want an understanding, friendly, outgoing ob he's your guy.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2016

Great doctor. Takes the time to help each patient. Doesn't rush you. Very highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2015

I was referred to Dr Shetty by my GP, it was my first appointment with him, and I won't be returning. I waited 1.5 hours in the waiting room. There were only 2 women ahead of me. I went to see him about having an ablation done, he told me he performs them all the time , but doesn't recommend them as they only work 40% of the time. He tried to convince me to have a Mirina IUD put in. I already have a copper t, that I'm quite happy with. He told me that there was no way my period was that bad , that I was changing a super tampon every hour, along with a night time pad. I ve already had a blood transfusion because of so much blood loss. Terrible doctor. Not recommended.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2015

Took his time to explain the procedures he was to perform and all follow up. Great OBGYN. Highly recommended..

flag | Submitted January 13, 2015

We had chosen Dr.Shetty as we heard good things, But when my wife started to have pains during work due to the physical nature of her job he was completely useless. At an appointment my wife (32 weeks pregnant) brought up how physical her jobs was and that she become incredibly fatigued and sore. Dr.Shetty's response was that it was a natural part of pregnancy even after she told him that her job requires her to lift 50-60lbs. She was upset and told me this when i got homefrom work. The next appointment she had I went with her to talk to him and he was completely rude talking over both of us and not listening. We finally were able to get his attention and have him fill out a physicall limitations form for her work so they would be able to give her modified work. When we went to pick up the form his sectretary gave us the form and only half the limitations were filled and when confronted the secretary stated she didn't know why it wasnt filled out (Dr.Shetty was not there at the time and wouldn't be back until Monday 4 days from then). The result we have decided to just go to my wifes GP for any concerns. Will not reccomened or ever go back to Dr.Shitty again.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2015

I was referred to Dr. Shetty by my GP and I am so thankful. I suffered a miscarriage and he was incredibly caring and knowledgeable throughout the entire process. He took the time to explain things and he answered all of our questions. He was reassuring, supportive, and positive, which I was truly grateful for at such a difficult time. I would definitely recommend him.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2014

I really like Dr Shetty...he really knows his stuff. Always pleasant and his wife was my anesthesiologist for my C section. The wait times are sometimes long but well worth the wait.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2014

I had Dr Shetty during my pregnancy with my daughter and he was absolutely fantastic! He was very thorough and watched us both very closely throughout the entire pregnancy, and he was amazing during labour and delivery. I ended up having to have an emergency c-section, because my daughter was going into distress, and he acted SO quickly to get me into the OR. Within 10 minutes I was in there, and 26 minutes later she was born. I don't think anyone else could have been better than him! I would recommend him to ANYONE, anyday.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2012

Dr Shetty saved my life 10 yrs ago , thankfully for me he was the Dr on call when I came in as an emergency Seriously hemmoraghing and very very ill Dr Shetty understood what he was seeing and understood it needed to be seen by an Oncologist so he packed me to stop he bleeding and sent me to Hamilton. It turned out to be a rare form of cervical small cell carcinoma and my Oncologist in Hamilton told me that Dr Shetty saved my life with his knowledge and understang that what he saw needed to be assessed by someone who specialized in Cancer .He further informed me most Drs would have biopsied this and had that been the case it would have spread through my entire body. He is my hero

flag | Submitted October 19, 2011