Ratings for Dr. Dianne Brox

She was a wonderful Doctor when she was young. I think she needs to retire, as she's just not what she used to be.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2016

Dr. Brox was my mother's doctor for over 30 years. I told her I was increasingly concerned about my mom's memory and her cognitive function for several months. Dr. Brox continued to dismiss these concerns until I begged for a second opinion at which time she referred my mom to psychiatry. My mom was dignosed with Alzheimer's dementia at the age of 66years. Dr. Brox was informed of her diagnosis and said "Well, we will go with that then". Two years later confused and disoriented my mom managed to take a cab on her own to Dr. Brox's office. We had no idea she had left the house. Dr. Brox saw her in her office and allowed her to leave her office unattended knowing she was confused and disoriented. She did not contact any of her family to inform us that she had just seen my mom. My mom was found wandering along the street a few blocks from her office hours later. When I confronted Dr. Brox and questioned how she and her office staff could allow my mom to leave the premises unaccompanied by anyone to ensure her safety her response to me was "well maybe your mom should not come and see me anymore". That was the last time I ever spoke or saw her again. Her lack of judgment, of compassion, concern, and just general common sense was inexcuseable.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2015

Saw Dr. B 5 times last yr. Told her it felt like a UTI but I wasn’t sure. Explained that I had pain every time I had sex, sometime during urination. She checked me in her office for a UTi but said there was nothing, however I had blood in my urine? She never sent me for anymore test,treated me for a yeast infection. I came back four more time saying the symptoms had not disappeared. She kept increasing the dosage. She made me feel like I was crazy and wasting her time. She actually asked me if I was sexually abused and kept coming so she would notice and why I was here again. Im 25 yrs old?? 3 mnths later I had to go to the ER. Turned out I had an antibiotic resistant urinary tract infection which was quite severe. I had it for 9 months. They found this by running a standard urine analysis. Took the proper medication, felt relief within 24 hours. I won’t go to this Dr. ever again. She misdiagnosed me and when she couldn’t figure it out she assumed I was just there to waste her time.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2011

I was on hold for lengthy periods of time to make appointments. I found the staff abrupt which I consider a reflection of the doctors they work for.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2011

ALWAYS LATE!!!!!!! I have never had to wait less than an hour. One time over two hours. Dr. Brox is not the only one with things to do... She often seems to rushed to spend any amount of time discussing anything. I prefer to book when she has a locum in.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2010

Dr Brox delivered my daughter and I seen her again while pregnant with my son. She was the only Dr other then Dr Dawson in the maternity office that I felt comfortable with. She is very informative and is always nice and calm! Would recommend her to people I know.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2009

Dr. Brox consistently dismissed my health concerns as the result of emotional stress after I came to her for a referral to a psychologist for bulimia. She repeatedly dismissed my stomach pain and constant diarrhea. I had to push and push for testing to get a diagnosis: IBS. Dr. Brox asked about my eating disorder at a few appointments the next year, but in the worst possible way: "How's that bulimia thing going?" was one line she used. Perhaps to seem like she was cool with it? But it seemed flippant and rude. I felt so ashamed. After being dismissed and embarrassed so many times, I finally went to one of the other doctors at the clinic, who's been much better. Many people have mental health issues -- but that doesn't mean every physical ailment is psychosomatic. Sheesh!

flag | Submitted June 12, 2009

DR.Brox has been my Dr. over 30 yrs and i think she is the best. She delviered me and my brothers as well as my own two kids.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2009

26 years ago, Dr. Brox delivered my daughter. Dr. Brox is charming. I've never been sure whether my daughter's problems started with the brutal forceps delivery or the ensuing cancer, which was not diagnosed by Dr. Brox. The public health nurse alerted me because of my infant's stools and Dr. Brox said not to worry. Dr. Brox is a lovely lady. Unfortunately, as a doctor, she failed me and my babe. In the interim, I've known many doctors. I've learned that it's like anything else. It's easy to be good if everything is fine. I believe Dr. Brox errs on the "fine" side because it's easy. For you strong young ladies, who believe nothing can ever go wrong, Dr. Brox is perfect. I was like that. For me, if you have concerns, get a second opinion. It may save your child's life.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2009

My appointments always include long waits. Never on time. 45 minutes waiting not unusual. She is in a hurry, seems to have too many patients now, and seems now to want people to bring only one problem per visit.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2008