You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Michael A. Healy

Dr. Healy just performed neck surgery on my neck last Tuesday (April 28, 2015). I have to say I am very happy with the outcome of my surgery as I was only in pain for a few days. He is very punctual and easy to understand. My bowling coach had the exact same surgery as I did a couple years ago done by Dr. Healy and he is the one who recommended me to him. He told me that i'm very lucky to not have any spinal cord damage from the accident I was in.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2015

Dr. Healy performed a Right Temporal Lebectomy on me, (for those who do not know what that is, it is brain surgery( The surgery was on March 31, 1998, it was to stop Parcial Complex Seizures and I am very happy to say 17 years latter NO SEIZURES!!! Epilepsy free I can drive, finish daily duties with ease thanks to Dr. Healy. I would recommend him any day all day. He is the BEST!

flag | Submitted March 27, 2015

Dr. Healy has operated on my neck & spine 4 times in the last four years & I can honestly say I woiuld not ever consider going to anyone else. My GP recommended him to me as he had done surgery on my GP as well as his wife. Don't think you can get a better recommendation than that.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2015

2 years ago when I had a shunt revison for the first time and had complications. He admitted he did wrong by keeping it in for so long and said he would NEVER do that again and would replace my shunt when it either went bad or if it lasted up to 5 years that he would bring me in to replace it at the 5 year mark and not leave it in any longer to where it could cause more problems

flag | Submitted September 8, 2014

doesn't care and when things go wrong he doesnt't want to see you anymore as a patient

flag | Submitted July 16, 2014

I had spinal surgery a few years back and dr healy was very knowledgeable and very nice to me. I would go to him again in a minute, and would have the sugery all over again if necessary. I would recommend him to anyone..his bedside manner may not be the best, but who cares... if he is a good doctor that is all i care about when it comes to my well being.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2013

very rude failed back surgery when telling him of promblems he caused did nothing but try to avoid .he did wrong look hard there alot of people in ttown done wrong i would not let him work on my dog the bad is he has went to college with lawyers from to cleveland and he seems to think!!!!!!!!!!!!i say try living with pain like i do doc.thanks to you

flag | Submitted January 30, 2012

It is my opinion that Dr. Michael Healy DOES NOT subscribe to the idea of gentle surgery. It's nearly 4 years after my neck surgery and I've had trouble swallowing ever since. I used to sing... Not anymore. This guy was nothing but a jerk to me when I inquired, time after time, as to when the hard swallowing would subside. I'm told I have scar tissue in my throat. Scar tissue in my throat? From spinal surgery? How hard does one have to jack the esophagus over to do spinal surgery? I was told the sensation would last a couple of weeks, then a couple of months, then maybe a year. The last time I saw him, he was smoking a cigarette outside his office with his receptionist. I walked by disgustedly. If I treated my customers the same way I felt I was treated by Dr. Michael Healy, I'd be out of business.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2011

Physician listens to problems and assess accordingly. He is very quick and to the point. He tells things like they are and doesn't sugar coat anything.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2011

Dr.Healy is very quick to dismiss any complications.He did not explain himself very well.I had menegitis and MIRSA twice after the shunt placement.Had it not been for my infectious disease Dr.,he would have done the shunt re-insertion while I STILL had the MIRSA.The infectious disease Dr. said that the MIRSA could have then infected my brain!

flag | Submitted October 10, 2010

Dr. Michael A. Healy's Credentials

• Mi State Univ Coll Of Human Med, East Lansing Mi 48824 (Grad. 1983)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal
Workers Comp

Updates

• A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Healy just performed neck surgery on my neck last Tuesday (April 28, 2015). I have to say I am very happy with the outcome of my surgery as I was only in pa..."

May 4, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Healy performed a Right Temporal Lebectomy on me, (for those who do not know what that is, it is brain surgery( The surgery was on March 31, 1998, it was to..."

March 27, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Healy has operated on my neck & spine 4 times in the last four years & I can honestly say I woiuld not ever consider going to anyone else. My GP recommended..."

February 10, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "2 years ago when I had a shunt revison for the first time and had complications. He admitted he did wrong by keeping it in for so long and said he would NEVER d..."

September 8, 2014
  • 'birds of a feather' rating (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=48752'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 3.5

February 14, 2014
  • 'birds of a feather' rating (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=48752'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 3.7

February 5, 2014