Ratings for Dr. Glenn Surbey

Since moving to Oakville from Thunder Bay May 2015 care provided to me by Dr Surbey and his staff Helen and Nancy has been awesome. I have complicated medical conditions and being new to Oakville was very frightening. From the first day they made me feel safe and introduced me to transportation for disabled (caravan) and Dr.Surbey has since the beginning has assessed my needs and referred me to many specialists and tests to aid in my care to keep my health and symptoms in check. Not only is he smart but he's kind and understanding. I have not had any problems getting in to see him. Helen and Nancy are also kind , easy to talk to in office or on the phone. I enjoy the visits and how thorough Dr.Surbey is is very appreciated by me. The office is clean, bright, informative and comfortable to sit while you wait. The exam room same. I remain happy and grateful that He took me on as a patient. As my health problems are many I need to see him at least every two months now but it was more often and in between when I need. As I moved here to be with family as I am disabled after 50years in Thunder Bay following my health up with quality medical care has made settling here easier and with less worry. Specialists needed are in place and added when needed. Awesome experience to date . SNS .

flag | Submitted November 27, 2017

We have been seeing Dr. Surbey since moving back to Oakville 12 years ago and as a patient with a chronic illness I have to see him once a month. I know all his staff very well and I can't believe the negative comments below. The doctor wears "golf attire" - that is your worry about your compassionate, knowledgeable health care provider? Who cares?? And the weird comment about "being crooked" is a ridiculous insult to Dr. Surbey and his staff. They have always been kind and helpful and did their best to fit us in for appointments. The recent changes in scheduling policy have made things even better, it is now possible to get in the same day most of the time - and Helen and Nancy are fabulous and so patient at dealing with the constant stream of calls and patients in the office. My only worry is what we'll do when he eventually retires - hopefully not for a long, longtime! And I am always grateful to hear Helen or Nancy on the phone - I know they will do everything possible to help me out, whether it's booking a procedure, an annual checkup, or sorting out a critical prescription on Friday afternoon with no doctor in the office with my plane taking off in a few hours. If that's not fabulous service, I don't know what is!

flag | Submitted August 12, 2017

I wanted to show some gratitude to Dr Surbey and his staff and am shocked to see these complaints. I have been a patient for many years and have never had any difficulty scheduling appointments, in fact on short notice they have always managed to see me when I was very sick. Helen always welcomes me with a great big smile, she has a sweet way about her and is so efficient when the office is filled with patients. Nancy has been Dr. Surbey's assistant for many years and she too has always been so professional. I'm shocked by some of these comments, makes me wonder about if some of these complainers are too demanding, after all, in the summer months, why would it matter if Dr. Surbey wears golfing shorts to the office? What should he be wearing, a suit! Dr. Surbey and his team are a great group of people and I feel so fortunate to have all three of them watching over my health.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2017

Very condescending staff, Dr is obviously in semi retirement mode. I've been attending this office for 15 years and they still approach me as a "who are you " and "why are you bothering us"? Dr also likes to show up in his golf attire.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2017

Dr Surbey is a good family doctor but it's nearly impossible to get an appointment. His secretary is psychotic and believes she's the physician herself, I only put up with her condescending attitude because it tough to find a good caring doctor.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2017

Great doctor, knowledgeable, Office is clean, wait times aren't bad. If you need a form filled out it can take forever and he charges for everything. Receptionist is energetic and helpful and other older lady is moody. Overall happy.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2017

Our family has been with Dr. Surbey since we moved to Oakville 25 years ago. We find him professional, knowledgeable and personable. He cared for children growing up and has long been there to aid our various aging health issues There was a time where it was challenging to get in to see him. Understandably and respectfully, he puts his family and personal life ahead of his practice. His schedule has an allotment with more flexibility now. Some of his staff over the years have been less than excellent. Nancy is extremely competent and copes well with the pressure of balance between Dr. and patient needs. She is in tune with Halton programming and was instrumental in getting us the speech therapy support needed.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2016

Dr Surbey and his office staff are to be highly commended. They are accessible, helpful, compassionate and caring. We are fortunate to have such a high level of medical expertize and efficiency available to us. Thank you Dr Surbey, Nancy, Helen and occasional staff.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2016

I have been a patient of Dr. Surbey's for yrs and yes he is busy and so he should be! Good doctors are hard to find! Dr. Surbey is attentive + helpful AND his staff are extraordinary! Helen goes above and beyond + Nancy is a great example of leadership, she too follows through + is running a lovely office. I am always able to schedule appointments on short notice, he offers his own drop in time for unscheduled visits, so for those whom say they cannot get an appointment, perhaps their behavior is very demanding. Dr. Surbey and his office staff are incredible.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2016

Dr. Surbey is the most crooked doctor in Oakville and it is a miracle he is still in business. His entire practice revolves around money. If you are looking for a caring and compassionate doctor you need to look elsewhere. Do not trust any of his office staff, they are only his puppets. Nancy the office manager is a wolf in sheep's clothing and will appear nice but she will turn on a dime behind your back.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2016