Ratings for Dr. Cizy Mathew

I was extremely upset after seeing her. Completely unsympathetic and belligerent. She had no up to date information on migraines and was sure to let me know that there is no cure and no hope. She mocked my answers to her questions and seemed so confused that I didn't fit into any specific category of where she needed to "place" me to feel good about herself. What a chip on her shoulder she had. Find someone else if you're considering seeing her.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2016

As a first time patient of Dr. Mathew's, I cannot understand the dissatisfaction expressed by so many visitors in these reviews. On the contrary I found her to be not at all rude or vindictive but a gentlewoman and competent professional in a difficult field! Unfortunately, while some of her patients may well require carefully considered neurological intervention, it is clear that she has had more than her share of hypochondriacs , malingerers and abusers of the system and her time. The general whinging and decoy symptoms offered that have little relevance to the real purpose of some of the visits reviewed is truly wretched to the point where a medical professional must wonder why she ever bothered to study beyond the "Dear Abby" level...... I found Dr. Mathew to be an attentive listener ready to describe in detail the workings of the brain and the effects of various physiological insults therein as well as the long and short term outcomes. A sincere thank you Dr. Mathew! ... H.L.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2016

She is an excellent neurologist. I have been her patient for many years. She takes the time to listen to my concerns and works with me. She has never once been rude. She is truly concerned for my well being. I would recommend her to anyone.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2016

Dr Mathew don`t care about a patient and seen ounce and after she sent me for physio which it wass uselles and I try to get an appointment but the secretary was the one to answer for her and after six months I was told trough the secretary that she could`nt do nothing else for me She never call back Thank you Dr Mathew I still think how in the h.... how you got a license to be a neurosurgent

flag | Submitted August 17, 2016

Dr.mathews was thorough, kind,and helpful. She does a great job...thank you

flag | Submitted July 14, 2016

I would like to know how she can work. She is a quack and is rude and impatient. She does not want to listen what you have to say. I will going to another doctor.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2016

She seems unapproachable and doesn't give patients more than 15 minutes. She's refused to allow me to call into the appointment to support my father with debilitating Parkinson's condition. He is nervous, unsure of what to say and will lily feel rushed in this appointment. Terrible care in these northern areas of Ontario.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2016

Dr. Mathew was rude, impatient, and totally dismissed my symptoms and refused to do any follow up tests to discover why I am having severe neurological issues. She laughed in my face when I asked what other tests she would suggest to rule out other causes. She also made rude comments about my profession. I will be seeing someone else.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2016

You people are really dumb if you think she will bow down to you. She is a great doctor but she will hate you if you're a pot smoking 20= year old who think's she knows anything because of a google search. Amazing knowledgeable doctor!

flag | Submitted April 19, 2016

I have been seeing Dr. Mathew for 6 months now since she diagnosed me with severe MS. I think she is WONDERFUL. She is kind and patient and really cares. She was so pleased when I got a little better with steroid treatment. I don't know what these people are talking about. I mentioned to her that some people had called her rude on rateMD, she laughed and said its probly because she has no patience for fakers who want to get out of work.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2015