Ratings for Dr. Cizy Mathew

Dr. Mathew has been following me for over 10 years and has provided me with great care. When my neurological problem were beyond her, she quickly referred me to Sick Kids and then to Princess Margaret in Toronto all the while keeping a close eye on my file. Since I am from out of town she has no problem with calling in prescription to my local pharmacy and has taken me in for an appointment on short notice.

flag | Submitted August 7, 2018

I would normally never write a review, as in the past i felt that these web md results were just posted by people who didn't agree with a diagnosis. However after reading some of these comments I was struck by how the accounts of those that had a bad experience mirrored my own encounter with this doctor. She was rude, cold and would ask a question, seemingly with the intention of cutting me off or interjecting before I could get two words out. She told me that I had too many symptoms for her to diagnose any condition. Told me more than once that I was stressed and needed to calm down. She proceeded to tell me things that went against what I have been told by the other three physicians that I have seen. She even went so far as to question me about ailments that I have had since adolesence. Essentially trying to prove me a liar. Her body language and facial expressions were nothing less than unprofessional. My heart goes out to the other patients whom have been party to this abhorable and traumatizing treatment. You are not alone.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2018

Not sure why she received a bad review from one patient, Dr Mathew was very professional, knowledgeable, answered all our questions and did not rush through the appointment

flag | Submitted April 12, 2018

She was rude and condensing, would not listen to concerns and would talk above you. Does not believe me when talked about the symptoms and had said you can work when clearly has epilsey seizures. Brushed me right off and just gave prescription. She made me feel like dirt. Kept asking why are you here ? Kept pushing her keyboard and distracting herself and not listening to me at all. Thought doctor was supposed to listen and be compassionate. She wasn't. Refused to sign forms as well. She was rude throughout the appointment. Wanted to change doctors who would take the time to be compassionate. Are you sure she had her doctor school cause she should get her license pulled for not listening and being rude and did not really check me over. Did not even do the eye test or light test just knock your knees and elbows kind of thing like basic things like an learning assistant would. Don't think she's a real doctor.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2018

My advice to you is do not waist your time seeing her!!!!!!

flag | Submitted March 12, 2018

Saw Dr. Mathew in December, total useless waste of time. She did a lesser examination than my local practitioner did. Told me that she was used to dealing with people with 'real' problems. Saw my own doctor today, reviewed the results, he told me that I was paying for what knowledge was between her ears. I KNOW there is a problem with me neurologically. I should have a cheque in the mail. She's a quack. Let not let it pass that she made it known that she didn't like persons bringing their help dogs into her office. Made a big show of spraying the area with some kind of dog odor repellent. I only gave the staff one less star because they catered to her b.s. to keep their job

flag | Submitted February 16, 2018

Worst doctor ever. Not recommended at all. Avoid as much as you can

flag | Submitted December 7, 2017

After several judgemental gestures, including eyes-rolling and frequent rude interruptions, Dr. Mathews performed a 2-5 minutes exam that included 3 simple checks. After this, she refused to listen to or address my concerns, and would completely talk over me at times. She then acknowledged that there was a problem, only that it did not fit with what she was "used" to seeing, and kind of left it at that. The whole appointment only lasted maybe 15 minutes. I left feeling confused, invalidated, and attacked in a space where I should have been met with unbiased professionalism. This type of doctor is the reason people end up seriously ill; they are scared of going to the doctor about their issues for fear of being made to feel stupid. Needless to say, I will not be returning to her office.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2017

She's a quack of a doctor. I don't know what else to say.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2017

Not recommended at all!!!! What a waste of time !!!!!!

flag | Submitted August 17, 2017