Ratings for Dr. Steven W. Siegel

I was recommended to Dr. Siegel because of his expertise of female urology. I was impressed with the time Dr. Siegel took to learn my history and the care in which he took explaining and performing an in-office procedure. He clearly explained my options and started with the least invasive approach. He recommend an amazing therapist within Metro Urology and his nurse is wonderful. He made me aware of all options related to my care without being pushy. I found his bedside manner to be direct and informative. You can tell he cares about his patients. Dr. Siegel and his staff are courteous and professional. I have only good things to say about the staff, the facility and Dr. Siegel. My quality of life has greatly improved thanks to the care of Dr. Siegel.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2015

Absolutely horrible, horrible experience! Waited over 40 minutes to be seen. After the visit and a procedure, I ended up with a UTI which is the type that is linked to to dirty medical equipment (They did not follow through n utilizing a prophylactic antibiotic during my visit) Office staff was disorganized and made me wait while they discussed personal business. When I complained to the office manager I was taken into a dirty exam room to "talk". I just wanted to get out of there as fast as I could. Awful. When I complained to the doctor I received a rather rude email which suggested I seek treatment elsewhere. (No problem with that! I want noting to do ith this staff, doctor or practice.) Looking into filing a complaint.

Submitted September 27, 2015

I saw Dr. Siegel for incontinence issues caused by a spinal tumor surgery. I have dealt with this problem for over 15 years and have seen several other professionals and had other treatments, none of which helped with my problem. Dr. Siegel listened to my history of treatments and suggested the Interstim device. He patiently explained the device and his expertise in this area and suggested I consider this option. After multiple UTI's over the past several months, I agreed to the surgery. I found Dr. Siegel to be a highly qualified and experienced surgeon in this area. His "bedside manner" with both my husband and myself was outstanding! He explained everything and answered all of our questions. I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND him to others considering this surgery.

flag | Submitted December 25, 2014

I am sure that Dr. Siegel is knowledgeable and knows his stuff. However, his bedside manner is such that I would not recommend him to anyone and will never see him as a patient again. Dr. Siegel treated me very poorly during my follow-up visit, swearing multiple times and becoming impatient/irritated any time I asked a question.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2014

Outstanding urologist and very caring. He helped me with the issues the urologist who was treating me was unable to resolve.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2014

I am very satisfied with Dr. Siegel & his staff. The surgery that was performed on me was done on a timely basis & every aspect of the procedure was to my complete satisfaction.I would be more than happy to recommend Dr. Siegel & his associates as being very professional & reassuring. I would enthusiastically recommend the AMS 800 Urinary Control system that was implanted in me.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2013

I have been an existing patient of Dr.Steven Siegelfor a few years, he advised this medical procedure. It was done at a hospital and 100% successful. I couldn't say enough good about him. He explained everything, took time with me and my family and followed-up with a pro-opt visit as scheduled. I would highly recommend him to anyone who has lived with a leakage problem. He is extremely professional and knowledgeable. He gets the best rating in my books.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2012

Dr. Siegel did a decent job of listening to me. He is patient and kind. I saw him after a poor outcome from a surgery by one of his colleagues. Unfortunately he is unable to solve the problem. I decided to seek another opinion from another clinic and got the pleasure of paying Metro to have my own records for continuing care! I even called the records office and appealed to them to supply records for no charge but they would not provide that service. So, unfortunately, I'm left unsatisifed medically and unsatisifed from a support staff perspective. I would not recommend this clinic. Therefore, not the providor either.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2011

I was referred to Dr. Siegel by my urologist for revision of my Medtronic Interstim. Dr. Siegel is well known to have unique expertise in this specialty area of continence care. In fact, I understand that he has placed more Interstim decices than anyone else in the country, having helped to develop the technology with Medtronic. All along, I knew I was being cared for by someone who knew how to proceed with my special concerns. He was very easy to talk with and plan my care. I also enjoyed working with the MD in fellowship training. Dr. Siegel also gave me options for ongoing followup with him or with my referring urologist. Office support staff were great, as were the caregivers at Woodwinds Hospital. I've worked in ORs for 25 years. But it is when I am a patient myself that I am most sensitive to knowing an excellent surgeon through experience. Dr. Siegel is an excellent surgeon!

flag | Submitted February 5, 2011

Dr Siegel helped me tremendously. He seemed to really care about me, and he is an excellent surgeon. My quality of life is so much better after receiving treatment from Dr. Siegel.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2011

Dr. Steven W. Siegel's Credentials

• University Of Michigan Medical School (Grad. 1981)

AARP