Dr. Mohammed Boodhun

Ratings for Dr. Mohammed Boodhun

This doctor prescribed Aricept for my Dad and never followed up. My mother decided not to give it to him but when he went into the Twomey Centre nobody knew that this was a new drug for my Dad and they just started giving it to him. no body knew. Why would such a powerful drug be given to someone without a follow up to see if all the administration protocols were being adhered to and to check in after the first month to see if there were any side effects... My Dad went on to suffer a horrible respite at the Twomey Centre - A respite for disaster

flag | Submitted December 19, 2015

My dear friend was admitted into the emergency in GfW because she has been feeling peralissis in her hand and some other rushing feelings - she researched it and decided it had to be a stroke - then was driven to the hospital ... The doctor refused to believe she was having a stroke and decided she was "too young" because she was around 30 years old ... Put her on an IV for MS for an hour before the patient stormed out ... Later that day my friend was found in the bathroom almost completely paralised . After intensive hospitalization and lots of physiotherapy - and lots of time away from her family - she was left with one side of her body completely dead - one arm and one leg - completely dead weight - if he had listened to her she might have only had her hand paralised instead of half her body . Her family and quality of life severley declined afterwards and all because one doctor refused to listen ... I sincerely think he learned his lesson - but moral of the story is - if one doctor is to callous to listen - go to another doctor asap :(

flag | Submitted August 27, 2015

Always friendly and professional. I could talk to him about anything that was troubling me and he always made sure I fully understood whatever we discussed. Highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2015

Dr. Boodhun is a nice guy, and probably knowledgable in his own specialty, but when it came to his knowledge about epilepsy, it was minimal at best. Even after reviewing my son's medical history, he did not believe that he truly had epilepsy. My son was on high load of 3 AEDS and Dr. Boodhun put him on a 4th, but none of it worked. Taking a handful of meds everyday never stopped the seizures and Dr. Boodhun did not seem too eager to figure out what was going on. Only now that my son is under the care of a new neurologist in another province, things are getting done - meds are working and surgery is going to be done.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2014

Dr. Boodhun has been great when I have seen him for anything related to his specialty, but with other things he was completely hopeless. It all depends on what you see him for.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2013

I liked Dr. Boodhun as a person but as a doctor he was terrible. He poked at my leg, said I had nerve damage and to deal with it until it became "my new normal". Then, he googled nerve damage and spent 5 to 10 minutes looking for a picture of the nerve...not helpful at all.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2013

One of the best Doctors in Newfoundland, been seeing him for over 12 years and always knows my name, always knows exactly what is wrong and how to help. Works a lot more hours than he should be. A truly gifted and caring man.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2013

A wonderful doctor. Was very easy to talk to. Made me feel quite at ease about my condition.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2011

My 84 year old Mother had a stroke; Dr. Boodhun was very friendly, gentle, and caring with her. He diagnosed the stroke immediately, admitted her, and treated her with the upmost respect. He kept her and my Father updated each step of the way. He even took the time to talk to me by phone while he was caring for my Mother in the emergency room. My Mother is now home doing well and continuing her therapy. Our family was very pleased with Dr. Boodhun.

flag | Submitted November 26, 2009

Very professional, kowledgeable. Will take the time do discuss issues with his pateinces. Excellent social skill, with a careing attitude. Would recommend Dr. Boodhun without hesitation.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2009