Ratings for Dr. Catherine Allaire

Sounds like she is very good at hysterectomy. Not so good at preserving the uterus!

flag | Submitted September 20, 2016

Dr. Allaire is fantastic! Her knowledge, surgical skills, and bedside manner are all top notch. I had confirmed endometriosis and wanted a hysterectomy for suspected adenomyosis, and she had me sign the surgical paperwork at our first consultation. I was so happy that she did not push hormonal treatment or give me the condescending "but what if you change your mind and want kids" speech. 5 days after the surgery I was virtually pain free. I am so thankful to Dr. Allaire for giving me my life back.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2016

Wow..she is top in her field without any airs. Highest recommendation.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2016

Very disppointed with this doctor. She seems nice but always rushed and impatient to answer my questions, show up and disappear like wind in appointment. Zero communication. Even the walk in doctor talk to me longer than her. I have sever endometriosis and endomitrioma. I had two surgerys. First surgery recovery was smooth and good, no pain at all. Second one was done by doctor Allaire. Second surgery recovery was horrible, I had fever, bowel disorder, bladder problem after surgery, nightmare! Now my situation is worse than before surgery, werid bladder problem brothers me every day and she just prescribed me anti depress medicine without further examination. Her attitude failed, surgery failed, treatment failed. Maybe she used to be good. She is the expert in endometriosis that's why I want to see her. But I feel she helped me little. Btw, some of the appointments are almost done by her assistants. She is too busy to listen to paitient to describe symptoms . Not sure if it's the common case for "good" doctor to do this. My previous gynecologist didn't do this. I feel I am seeing her assistant instead of her, maybe not even sure she is the one did the surgery.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2016

Dr. Allaire put my uterus in backwards. I had a csection last year, the surgery she did on me was 5 times more painful. She could have just removed my fibroid but instead decide to try 2 different procedures and finally in with a 3rd emergency myectomy. I requested an mri a month before the surgery to find the location of the fibroid. She said no. When I awoke from her surgery she said she'd give mris from now on in this situation. 2 blood transfusions later, she came to visit and thought I said I would blog about this and was afraid. I don't know why I was chosen as a living cadaver, but there was a Dr. In my city that she knew and could have referred me to. I thought I was going to die and a month before the surgery I insisted on the most straight forward procedure and she said it was too late because you already signed off on the paperwork. If she has helped anyone great, but my baby was sideways and I had to have quote unquote "the worst nightmare csection"of my dr's career due to all the adhesions and backwards uterus she caused with her surgery.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2016

LOVE LOVE LOVE Dr. Allaire! A Very thorough, intelligent, professional and compassionate physician. Best of the best. She was the only one who was thorough enough to discover I had endo in my bowel (in addition to the usual places). She performed surgery to remove my endo years ago, even got most of it off my bowel without damaging it. After many years of infertility, my hubby and I adopted 2 beautiful children, and I asked Dr. Allaire to perform a hysterectomy on me (To be clear: it was my idea after the many options she presented to me and gave me literature on - she likes to do least invasive methods first. She does not force anything.)I was just fed up with the bleeding, pain and mood swings. After horrible surgical experiences with other doctors in the past, she is the only one I would ever trust to perform surgery on me (I was so comfortable/confident I didn't even fight the anasthetic lol ... unlike with other doctors). I trust her with my life. Had a hysterectomy and removal of my right ovary and both fallopian tubes on July 27, 2016 and recovery has been going extremely well. Never felt better in my life. Thank you Dr. Allaire, your office team, and your team at UBC - I feel so blessed to have one of the best (if not the best) surgeon in Canada, perhaps even in the world for this discipline. I feel proud that we in Canada can boast of having one of the best physicians/surgeons in the field of pelvic pain! I cannot say enough good things about Dr. Allaire. I'm almost sad in a way that my endo has been resolved, - no - I definitely don't miss the pain - but in the sense that it means I won't have her as my doctor anymore! I would highly recommend this physician to anyone. Thank you Dr. Allaire! - Kristina Eden

flag | Submitted August 27, 2016

Catherine Allaire has been my doctor for maybe 10 yrs or more. She is great at her work. I have never had a problem with her..I have also had surgeries & follow ups..She is extremely busy and was the only specialist in Endo for some time. I am going to travel from Nanaimo to see Catherine. I trust her & her decisions regarding my health. Dr C Allaire knows what she's talking about..I would not go anywhere else.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2016

I had surgery with her a decade ago and if I could go back in time I'd fine another surgeon. She was rude, I was given no information, and it was a terrible experience. My endometriosis did not improve and I was given little information on the actual surgery.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2016

After not answering my questions but telling me to look up info on the Internet. Mixing up any answers she did give me as to create some confusion enabling her to do whatever her and her students wanted to do to me surgically even though I didn't sign off on one procedure which appeared on the consent form right before the surgery. During the delivery of my baby finding out a had a bunch of adhesions from her surgery and that she put my uterus in backwards. After all the horrible things I've been through with her and dr Timothy Rowe's team of "fertility experts" to find out my husband was anemic which they didn't test him for. After 1 year of him taking iron I became pregnant naturally and have a healthy baby. Thanks for delaying this for 10 years for me!

flag | Submitted February 16, 2016

The very best. If you are having this surgery, insist on Dr. Allaire. She is exceptional. Not only does she consistently demonstrate the level of engagement needed, that is, she listens carefully and attends to the concerns of her patient, she is conservative in her treatment options. My surgery went perfectly. The incision is minimal despite the challenge presented in my TAH, and recovery was without any issues. After hearing the stories of other women who have had this procedure with various doctors in various locations, be assured Allaire is without a doubt the top surgeon in all respects.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2015