Ratings for Dr. Catherine Allaire

The reviews saying how good a doctor Dr. Allaire is confuse me. I had another surgery about 3 years after hers to find out she or her students put uterus in backwards and she left me with a ton of adhesions. All this damage for a single fibroid to be removed?

flag | Submitted October 15, 2017

Excellent surgeon. I had a complicated hysterectomy with enlarged uterus, adenomyosis, 4th stage endometriosis, blood-filled ovarian cyst, dense adhesions sticking bowel to uterus and more. I awoke with no pain; was walking around the hallway 18 hours later, driving 3 days later, had painless bowel movement 3 days after surgery, and had zero pain from the time I awoke until now. She answered my prayers when I signed a consent form for a hysterectomy at my first consultation with her. No more referrals and rounds of hormone treatments. I've tried everything over the years and wish I had met a doctor as confident as she earlier in my life. It would have saved me over 3 decades of misery. She knows what she is doing and has the confidence to recommend effective solutions.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2017

Dr. Allaire if a fantastic doctor, after not being taken seriously by so many doctors she made me feel listened to and validated and truly took my concerns seriously. She was knowledgeable, informative and warm - Highly recommend!

flag | Submitted October 4, 2017

She is just fine, very skilled, AND IF YOU ARE HER PATIENT, she will treat you with the warm fuzzies, answer your questions, and provide you with above due care. IF YOU ARE NOT UNDER HER CARE, (ie; she is performing a procedure) she is professional, but won’t hold your hand... and rightfully so, that’s YOUR doctor’s job. Her nurses, were particularly thoughtful and considerate. It’s a touchy department, and she is human, but I was not disappointed with my encounter.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2017

Dr allaire barely spoke to me as she was busy talking to her intern. She was brief uncaring and dismissive. I dont recommend Her. She needs a course on bedside manner

flag | Submitted April 2, 2017

I had a great visit with Dr. Allaire. She was very friendly, thorough, and calming. Answered all my questions and did not rush. Hard to find a Dr willing to take their time, she definitely did. I'm scheduled for surgery so we'll see if opinion changes but overall I thought she was absolutely fantastic!

flag | Submitted February 17, 2017

MY experience with her was terrible. Her bedside manner was horrific and I never really understood what she even found in me during surgery. MY endometriosis pain never went away and she wasn't helpful at all. I ended up having surgery again to remove all the endometriosis left over from my surgery with her. I have never met a more arrogant doctor. I'm astounded by these positive reviews.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2016

Dr. Catherine Allaire has helped me immensely with my endometriosis and adhesions pain. She is a great surgeon with great bedside manners. For the past year, I was in excruciating pain after my surgery with another regular obgy. Thank God that I was referred to her at the BC Women's Clinic for Pelvic pain and Endometriosis. From my first appointment itself, I realized I am in excellent care. Contrary to what I had read about her she did not push drugs but suggested surgery to figure out what was happening. After my surgery to remove adhesions and excise endo I have been pain-free so far. She and her team are experts in dealing with a complex disease like endometriosis. Very fortunate to have a great doctor like her in our city. For those in Vancouver dealing with endometriosis or adeno or any kind of reproductive health issues, I would definitely recommend her. Thank you Dr. Allaire. Not living in constant pain feels so good.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2016

I had a pretty terrible quality of life before I met Dr. Allaire. I was in pain 3 out of 4 weeks of every month and in and out of the ER every few months when the pain was extreme. So many doctors told me it was all in my head, but Dr. Allaire diagnosed me with adenomyosis. I was given various treatment options but opted for hysterectomy for the longest term pain relief. When woke after surgery I was in less pain than I was in before the operation, and recovery was a breeze. I appreciated Dr. Allaire's no-nonsense approach and her willingness to let me choose the best course of treatment for my own circumstances.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2016

Dr. Allaire is fantastic! Her knowledge, surgical skills, and bedside manner are all top notch. I had confirmed endometriosis and wanted a hysterectomy for suspected adenomyosis, and she had me sign the surgical paperwork at our first consultation. I was so happy that she did not push hormonal treatment or give me the condescending "but what if you change your mind and want kids" speech. 5 days after the surgery I was virtually pain free. I am so thankful to Dr. Allaire for giving me my life back.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2016