You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Catherine Allaire

After not answering my questions but telling me to look up info on the Internet. Mixing up any answers she did give me as to create some confusion enabling her to do whatever her and her students wanted to do to me surgically even though I didn't sign off on one procedure which appeared on the consent form right before the surgery. During the delivery of my baby finding out a had a bunch of adhesions from her surgery and that she put my uterus in backwards. After all the horrible things I've been through with her and dr Timothy Rowe's team of "fertility experts" to find out my husband was anemic which they didn't test him for. After 1 year of him taking iron I became pregnant naturally and have a healthy baby. Thanks for delaying this for 10 years for me!

flag | Submitted February 16, 2016

The very best. If you are having this surgery, insist on Dr. Allaire. She is exceptional. Not only does she consistently demonstrate the level of engagement needed, that is, she listens carefully and attends to the concerns of her patient, she is conservative in her treatment options. My surgery went perfectly. The incision is minimal despite the challenge presented in my TAH, and recovery was without any issues. After hearing the stories of other women who have had this procedure with various doctors in various locations, be assured Allaire is without a doubt the top surgeon in all respects.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2015

flag | Submitted September 4, 2015

It's been many many many years since I saw Dr. Allaire (I was a young teenager at the time) but I remember her great bedside manner, and felt a positive review was worth leaving over 10 years later. She is fantastic, as is/was her staff.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2015

I have bee suffering with bad period cramps my whole life, I just knew that it would not get any better. Then for the last year and half I have Endo then created huge Cysts on my ovaries. I was shuffled around from hospital to doctors to know where. I was really losing hope with all the doctors that were not solving my pain problems. I had one last result and it was to get everything removed but I wasn't satisfied with that so I did my own homework and got a second opinion and I am sure glad I got to meet Catherine Allaire. She made me feel welcomed and not rushed at all. The first time I had an appointment and she was called rushed in for her patient she had to reschedule and she got me in right away after the weekend. I was so happy she really cared for my needs. She has a plan for operation on removing Cysts and cleaning endo and I am confident to say I totally trust her and it was worth waiting to get her to do this for me. The staff also was very nice and made me feel apart of their team. Thank you very much

flag | Submitted April 16, 2015

Dr. Allaire came highly recommended by my wonderful and experienced GYN in Prince George, to treat my endometriosis and dysfunctional uterine bleeding that wasn't solved with a uterine ablation. She was very kind, professional and thorough in performing a physical exam and reviewing my extensive history. She discussed what options were available to me, and based on her findings she recommended a LAVH (laproscopic assisted vaginal hysterectomy). Her booking clerk was very kind and helpful and managed to book my surgery at UBCH, within a few months (based on my work schedule). I had my LAVH on July 23, 2012 at UBCH and stayed overnight. My pain was well controlled on Tylenol with Dilaudid 2 mg (x 2 doses) for breakthrough pain. I never had any nausea. I was discharged 24 hours post-op and recuperated at a hotel for 3 days before I was feeling up to the 10 hour drive home with my friend. I had a completely uneventful recovery and still three years later, even with my ovaries in situ, I no longer have the deep seated endo pelvic pain that has plagued me for over 20 years. My follow-up appointment with Dr. Allaire was completely uneventful and she was very pleased with my healing. I am so grateful that we have such an incredible GYN surgeon who specializes in endometriosis, practicing in BC.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2015

I really had a good visit with Dr. Allaire. She answered all my questions and seemed very professional, but yet caring. She was not rushy or rough and took her time with my appointment. She asked me lots of questions and she seems very knowledgeable and up to date on Medications and Pain Management. I am so glad I went to see her.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2015

Went to Dr. Allaire for a large fibroid after being told by another specialist that I might need a hysterectomy. She gave me hope by performing a myomectomy and keeping the uterus. I had my surgery at ubc hospital ... Everything went well and just recovering. Very greatful I found this doctor.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2014

I've never had a dr pass the buck so quickly when it comes to medications. She laughed when I told her I was in pain from a cyst and chose to change dosages/medications without thinking of withdrawal symptoms and symptoms of upping doses. Thank god my pharmacist and GP were on top of it and changed how my medications were supposed to be changed. Her skill as a surgeon is amazing and she's top of her industry but bedside manner and compassion are lacking. I was very disappointed when I thought I was finally going to get the help I really needed.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2014

Dr. Allare is really good at surgery and caring patient. My wife recovered very well and quickly from a surgery of removing both overies and uterus. She was very very nervous before the surgery 'cause she has diabetes. However, she got confidence and felt peace every time after she went to see Dr. Allare. The operation was given in UBC hospital. My wife received very well care from doctors and nurses before and after the surgery. Now she recovered completely from the surgery and felt no any side effects. I'd like to send our sincere thanks to Dr. Allare.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2014

Dr. Catherine Allaire's Credentials

MSP/BC Med

Updates

• A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "After not answering my questions but telling me to look up info on the Internet. Mixing up any answers she did give me as to create some confusion enabling her..."

February 16, 2016
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "The very best. If you are having this surgery, insist on Dr. Allaire. She is exceptional. Not only does she consistently demonstrate the level of engagement nee..."

November 25, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Wondeful doctor who really takes the time to listen and explain. Very thorough and knowledgeable."

September 4, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "It's been many many many years since I saw Dr. Allaire (I was a young teenager at the time) but I remember her great bedside manner, and felt a positive review ..."

April 21, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have bee suffering with bad period cramps my whole life, I just knew that it would not get any better. Then for the last year and half I have Endo then create..."

April 16, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Allaire came highly recommended by my wonderful and experienced GYN in Prince George, to treat my endometriosis and dysfunctional uterine bleeding that wasn..."

April 8, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I really had a good visit with Dr. Allaire. She answered all my questions and seemed very professional, but yet caring. She was not rushy or rough and took her ..."

February 25, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Went to Dr. Allaire for a large fibroid after being told by another specialist that I might need a hysterectomy. She gave me hope by performing a myomectomy an..."

November 25, 2014
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "I've never had a dr pass the buck so quickly when it comes to medications. She laughed when I told her I was in pain from a cyst and chose to change dosages/med..."

September 25, 2014