Ratings for Dr. Catherine Allaire

LOVE LOVE LOVE Dr. Allaire! A Very thorough, intelligent, professional and compassionate physician. Best of the best. She was the only one who was thorough enough to discover I had endo in my bowel (in addition to the usual places). She performed surgery to remove my endo years ago, even got most of it off my bowel without damaging it. After many years of infertility, my hubby and I adopted 2 beautiful children, and I asked Dr. Allaire to perform a hysterectomy on me (To be clear: it was my idea after the many options she presented to me and gave me literature on - she likes to do least invasive methods first. She does not force anything.)I was just fed up with the bleeding, pain and mood swings. After horrible surgical experiences with other doctors in the past, she is the only one I would ever trust to perform surgery on me (I was so comfortable/confident I didn't even fight the anasthetic lol ... unlike with other doctors). I trust her with my life. Had a hysterectomy and removal of my right ovary and both fallopian tubes on July 27, 2016 and recovery has been going extremely well. Never felt better in my life. Thank you Dr. Allaire, your office team, and your team at UBC - I feel so blessed to have one of the best (if not the best) surgeon in Canada, perhaps even in the world for this discipline. I feel proud that we in Canada can boast of having one of the best physicians/surgeons in the field of pelvic pain! I cannot say enough good things about Dr. Allaire. I'm almost sad in a way that my endo has been resolved, - no - I definitely don't miss the pain - but in the sense that it means I won't have her as my doctor anymore! I would highly recommend this physician to anyone. Thank you Dr. Allaire! - Kristina Eden

flag | Submitted August 27, 2016

Catherine Allaire has been my doctor for maybe 10 yrs or more. She is great at her work. I have never had a problem with her..I have also had surgeries & follow ups..She is extremely busy and was the only specialist in Endo for some time. I am going to travel from Nanaimo to see Catherine. I trust her & her decisions regarding my health. Dr C Allaire knows what she's talking about..I would not go anywhere else.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2016

I had surgery with her a decade ago and if I could go back in time I'd fine another surgeon. She was rude, I was given no information, and it was a terrible experience. My endometriosis did not improve and I was given little information on the actual surgery.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2016

After not answering my questions but telling me to look up info on the Internet. Mixing up any answers she did give me as to create some confusion enabling her to do whatever her and her students wanted to do to me surgically even though I didn't sign off on one procedure which appeared on the consent form right before the surgery. During the delivery of my baby finding out a had a bunch of adhesions from her surgery and that she put my uterus in backwards. After all the horrible things I've been through with her and dr Timothy Rowe's team of "fertility experts" to find out my husband was anemic which they didn't test him for. After 1 year of him taking iron I became pregnant naturally and have a healthy baby. Thanks for delaying this for 10 years for me!

flag | Submitted February 16, 2016

The very best. If you are having this surgery, insist on Dr. Allaire. She is exceptional. Not only does she consistently demonstrate the level of engagement needed, that is, she listens carefully and attends to the concerns of her patient, she is conservative in her treatment options. My surgery went perfectly. The incision is minimal despite the challenge presented in my TAH, and recovery was without any issues. After hearing the stories of other women who have had this procedure with various doctors in various locations, be assured Allaire is without a doubt the top surgeon in all respects.

flag | Submitted November 25, 2015

Wondeful doctor who really takes the time to listen and explain. Very thorough and knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2015

It's been many many many years since I saw Dr. Allaire (I was a young teenager at the time) but I remember her great bedside manner, and felt a positive review was worth leaving over 10 years later. She is fantastic, as is/was her staff.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2015

I have bee suffering with bad period cramps my whole life, I just knew that it would not get any better. Then for the last year and half I have Endo then created huge Cysts on my ovaries. I was shuffled around from hospital to doctors to know where. I was really losing hope with all the doctors that were not solving my pain problems. I had one last result and it was to get everything removed but I wasn't satisfied with that so I did my own homework and got a second opinion and I am sure glad I got to meet Catherine Allaire. She made me feel welcomed and not rushed at all. The first time I had an appointment and she was called rushed in for her patient she had to reschedule and she got me in right away after the weekend. I was so happy she really cared for my needs. She has a plan for operation on removing Cysts and cleaning endo and I am confident to say I totally trust her and it was worth waiting to get her to do this for me. The staff also was very nice and made me feel apart of their team. Thank you very much

flag | Submitted April 16, 2015

Dr. Allaire came highly recommended by my wonderful and experienced GYN in Prince George, to treat my endometriosis and dysfunctional uterine bleeding that wasn't solved with a uterine ablation. She was very kind, professional and thorough in performing a physical exam and reviewing my extensive history. She discussed what options were available to me, and based on her findings she recommended a LAVH (laproscopic assisted vaginal hysterectomy). Her booking clerk was very kind and helpful and managed to book my surgery at UBCH, within a few months (based on my work schedule). I had my LAVH on July 23, 2012 at UBCH and stayed overnight. My pain was well controlled on Tylenol with Dilaudid 2 mg (x 2 doses) for breakthrough pain. I never had any nausea. I was discharged 24 hours post-op and recuperated at a hotel for 3 days before I was feeling up to the 10 hour drive home with my friend. I had a completely uneventful recovery and still three years later, even with my ovaries in situ, I no longer have the deep seated endo pelvic pain that has plagued me for over 20 years. My follow-up appointment with Dr. Allaire was completely uneventful and she was very pleased with my healing. I am so grateful that we have such an incredible GYN surgeon who specializes in endometriosis, practicing in BC.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2015

I really had a good visit with Dr. Allaire. She answered all my questions and seemed very professional, but yet caring. She was not rushy or rough and took her time with my appointment. She asked me lots of questions and she seems very knowledgeable and up to date on Medications and Pain Management. I am so glad I went to see her.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2015