Ratings for Dr. Catherine Allaire

Dr allaire barely spoke to me as she was busy talking to her intern. She was brief uncaring and dismissive. I dont recommend Her. She needs a course on bedside manner

flag | Submitted April 2, 2017

I had a great visit with Dr. Allaire. She was very friendly, thorough, and calming. Answered all my questions and did not rush. Hard to find a Dr willing to take their time, she definitely did. I'm scheduled for surgery so we'll see if opinion changes but overall I thought she was absolutely fantastic!

flag | Submitted February 17, 2017

MY experience with her was terrible. Her bedside manner was horrific and I never really understood what she even found in me during surgery. MY endometriosis pain never went away and she wasn't helpful at all. I ended up having surgery again to remove all the endometriosis left over from my surgery with her. I have never met a more arrogant doctor. I'm astounded by these positive reviews.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2016

Dr. Catherine Allaire has helped me immensely with my endometriosis and adhesions pain. She is a great surgeon with great bedside manners. For the past year, I was in excruciating pain after my surgery with another regular obgy. Thank God that I was referred to her at the BC Women's Clinic for Pelvic pain and Endometriosis. From my first appointment itself, I realized I am in excellent care. Contrary to what I had read about her she did not push drugs but suggested surgery to figure out what was happening. After my surgery to remove adhesions and excise endo I have been pain-free so far. She and her team are experts in dealing with a complex disease like endometriosis. Very fortunate to have a great doctor like her in our city. For those in Vancouver dealing with endometriosis or adeno or any kind of reproductive health issues, I would definitely recommend her. Thank you Dr. Allaire. Not living in constant pain feels so good.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2016

I had a pretty terrible quality of life before I met Dr. Allaire. I was in pain 3 out of 4 weeks of every month and in and out of the ER every few months when the pain was extreme. So many doctors told me it was all in my head, but Dr. Allaire diagnosed me with adenomyosis. I was given various treatment options but opted for hysterectomy for the longest term pain relief. When woke after surgery I was in less pain than I was in before the operation, and recovery was a breeze. I appreciated Dr. Allaire's no-nonsense approach and her willingness to let me choose the best course of treatment for my own circumstances.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2016

Dr. Allaire is fantastic! Her knowledge, surgical skills, and bedside manner are all top notch. I had confirmed endometriosis and wanted a hysterectomy for suspected adenomyosis, and she had me sign the surgical paperwork at our first consultation. I was so happy that she did not push hormonal treatment or give me the condescending "but what if you change your mind and want kids" speech. 5 days after the surgery I was virtually pain free. I am so thankful to Dr. Allaire for giving me my life back.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2016

Wow..she is top in her field without any airs. Highest recommendation.

flag | Submitted September 3, 2016

Very disppointed with this doctor. She seems nice but always rushed and impatient to answer my questions, show up and disappear like wind in appointment. Zero communication. Even the walk in doctor talk to me longer than her. I have sever endometriosis and endomitrioma. I had two surgerys. First surgery recovery was smooth and good, no pain at all. Second one was done by doctor Allaire. Second surgery recovery was horrible, I had fever, bowel disorder, bladder problem after surgery, nightmare! Now my situation is worse than before surgery, werid bladder problem brothers me every day and she just prescribed me anti depress medicine without further examination. Her attitude failed, surgery failed, treatment failed. Maybe she used to be good. She is the expert in endometriosis that's why I want to see her. But I feel she helped me little. Btw, some of the appointments are almost done by her assistants. She is too busy to listen to paitient to describe symptoms . Not sure if it's the common case for "good" doctor to do this. My previous gynecologist didn't do this. I feel I am seeing her assistant instead of her, maybe not even sure she is the one did the surgery.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2016

Dr. Allaire put my uterus in backwards. I had a csection last year, the surgery she did on me was 5 times more painful. She could have just removed my fibroid but instead decide to try 2 different procedures and finally in with a 3rd emergency myectomy. I requested an mri a month before the surgery to find the location of the fibroid. She said no. When I awoke from her surgery she said she'd give mris from now on in this situation. 2 blood transfusions later, she came to visit and thought I said I would blog about this and was afraid. I don't know why I was chosen as a living cadaver, but there was a Dr. In my city that she knew and could have referred me to. I thought I was going to die and a month before the surgery I insisted on the most straight forward procedure and she said it was too late because you already signed off on the paperwork. If she has helped anyone great, but my baby was sideways and I had to have quote unquote "the worst nightmare csection"of my dr's career due to all the adhesions and backwards uterus she caused with her surgery.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2016

LOVE LOVE LOVE Dr. Allaire! A Very thorough, intelligent, professional and compassionate physician. Best of the best. She was the only one who was thorough enough to discover I had endo in my bowel (in addition to the usual places). She performed surgery to remove my endo years ago, even got most of it off my bowel without damaging it. After many years of infertility, my hubby and I adopted 2 beautiful children, and I asked Dr. Allaire to perform a hysterectomy on me (To be clear: it was my idea after the many options she presented to me and gave me literature on - she likes to do least invasive methods first. She does not force anything.)I was just fed up with the bleeding, pain and mood swings. After horrible surgical experiences with other doctors in the past, she is the only one I would ever trust to perform surgery on me (I was so comfortable/confident I didn't even fight the anasthetic lol ... unlike with other doctors). I trust her with my life. Had a hysterectomy and removal of my right ovary and both fallopian tubes on July 27, 2016 and recovery has been going extremely well. Never felt better in my life. Thank you Dr. Allaire, your office team, and your team at UBC - I feel so blessed to have one of the best (if not the best) surgeon in Canada, perhaps even in the world for this discipline. I feel proud that we in Canada can boast of having one of the best physicians/surgeons in the field of pelvic pain! I cannot say enough good things about Dr. Allaire. I'm almost sad in a way that my endo has been resolved, - no - I definitely don't miss the pain - but in the sense that it means I won't have her as my doctor anymore! I would highly recommend this physician to anyone. Thank you Dr. Allaire! - Kristina Eden

flag | Submitted August 27, 2016