Ratings for Dr. Brian C. Toolan

after surgery performed and pain worsened, toolan lost interest and pawned me off onto another doc. he has no empathy, either.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2011

Dr. Toolan fixed the damage done by a Podiatrist to my young daughter foot. After 5 months of not walking after surgery by the other doctor, Dr. Toolan had her back on her feet in four wks after surgery. He's a great doctor and gives you the truth up front.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2010

Let's just say empathy is not Dr. Toolan's long suit. I made an appointment to see him after an old ankle injury started causing me near constant pain. Two hours after I arrived for my appointment the great OZ saw me for six minutes (I clocked it). To be fair I did see a nurse, a resident and got an x-ray while waiting. He asked me why I was there in a way that made it clear to me that I was wasting his time. What do you mean why am I there? I am in constant pain and you're a doctor. He told me there was nothing he could do and vaguely suggested I get some rocker shoes and maybe an ankle brace. I had to pry a recommendation out of him and his resident gave me a poorly organized Xerox of a few business cards. I don't have a problem with his diagnosis or recommendations--just the disinterested delivery. Forget about the hundreds of dollars a visit like this cost. He just told me that I would have to live the rest of my life in pain-some empathy would have been nice.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2009

Dr. Brian C. Toolan's Credentials

• Columbia University College Of Physicians And Surgeons (Grad. 1989)

Champva