Ratings for Dr. Alex Medjesi

He was great doctor. Too bad he has retired. I'miss him

flag | Submitted September 22, 2016

He told was a bad patient because i didn't come in to see him often. I am only 28 years old why should I see him often, I guess he needs money. Smarten up Doctor and be thankful you have a job so important to peoples lives.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2012

Insulting and very abrasive. Unfortunately for us in Ontario with it`s chronic lack of family doctors we patients have settle for this man`s mediocrity.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2011

Dr Medjesi is not very willing to listen and is quite condescending. If I have more than one question per visit he gets frustrated or annoyed and tries to avoid answering. His demeanor suggests that he is always depressed or despondent. I much prefer taking my chances with walk in clinics than going to him. I will change doctor's at my first opportunity.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2010

It is obvious to me that he does not enjoy his chosen line of work. He is just a rude little man. Gets angry if you don't tell him the pills you want, no refills and any time he takes my blood pressure, it is always 120 over 80. Will not do a physical as perhaps it will take too long. He states that taking blood is just as good as a physical.

flag | Submitted October 22, 2009

This doctor has never examined me in all the years I go there. When I mentioned flu shot, he said he gave it when requested but so many people turned him down, that they could ask. I mentioned other tests, he said you want them, tell me. In other words you have to be your own doctor. Never suggested rather routine tests for my age group, other than blood tests once a year he has done nothing. I have to ask to be referred to a specialist and then he says "what for?" "Because I have not worked in four months, and you don't give me two minutes?" "So do part time, that's what I do", he says. Maybe he can afford it, I can't.I would also like to know what is wrong with me but he leaves the room too quickly. No other doctor will take me when I have a doctor, even if he is an idiot.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2008

The two favourable critiques must be from men. He treats men completely differently - & better than women. He would not have the nerve to tell a man to shut up. He is a completely different person with my husband, than with me. Yes, thank God for his wife as receptionist/nurse. He also is reluctant to refer females to specialists & is rough & boorish when doing pap test. I go elsewhere for "female" things.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2008

I was startled by the responses I saw on this webpage. First, I came from another doctor 11 years ago. Our former doctor was a brutal person, not very caring about old or disabled people. I mention the above because Dr. Medjesi is light years ahead of our former doctor. He does not hesitate to refer to specialists, xrays and so on. He has been a lifesaver, having conducting PSA testing on me when I was age 54. He did not give up.Eventually I was diagnosed with prostate cancer, operated on and seem cured after 10 years. (My former doctor told me "you are too young to worry about PSA testing".) He may appear rude at times but I have put this down to (doctors are not infallible) what appears to be moodiness or depression. I even sent flowers once to try to cheer him up. His wife is wonderful and is the best asset he has going for him re support. I have noted that he can be rude with his wife (receptionist) and all former receptionists. He could improve in this area. Needs help.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2007

I feel he had someone write the last comment for him, as that is not the man I know, he is only quiet when he doesn't bother to answer you, and when he does speak it is rude or insulting, or just plain stupid. Told me once he didn't take blood himself because he only got paid $2 for it, and he forgot the colours of the right tube labels anyway. So you have to make another trip to blood clinic, and when you return he is usually studying a report 3 years old, because it happened to be at the top of his file.Quite simply, a menace to sick people. You tell him you are too sick to work, and he says "that's life". Family Physician indeed.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2007

I can not agree with the comments of the people below. He is a quiet man who needs time to look at your file and then you can ask questions. If you are honest with him he will bend over backwards to help you with a health problem. He never overbooks and always makes time for you and is always on time. Our family, at this point, would not even consider changing doctors. He is and has been wonderful to us. By the way his wife is a caring, and wonderful person also. I hope he does not retire too soon as we will be hard-pressed to find such a caring, and helpful doctor.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2007