Ratings for Dr. Edward Vivoda

Dr. Vivoda has been my doctor for almost 6 years. I have had several occasions to come to his office. I have always been pleased with Dr Vivoda and his staff. I find them to be professional, personable and genuine in their dealings with me. I find Dr. Vivoda to be a straight talking, no BS kind of doctor. I commute some distance to continue my relationship with Dr. Vivoda, and will continue to do so as a good doctor is not easy to find.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2017

Edward Vivoda is very rude and confrontational. At a recent appointment concerning my daughters illness I was told to be quiet and not say anything. When I did speak up he was extremely angered and annoyed. I thought at one point he was going to physically strike me. His lack of professionalism as a DOCTOR is a disgrace to the entire profession.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2017

He is very arrogant and not helpful at all. He has misdiagnosed me plenty of times and caused my health issues to get worse because he tells me it's all in my head and flat out says I'm lying about it. He told me I didn't need surgery because I was making up the pain, then when I went to my surgeon he informed me that I was 100% in a lot of pain and then rushed me into surgery because it had got so bad. I would definitely not recommend him to anyone!

flag | Submitted September 6, 2017

I seen this man tonight at our local walk in! He was beyond disrespectful and not helpful. When looking at me, seemed to not believe I was sick. Though my chest is on fire, nose is blocked and have had a headache for days. This has been about a week of getting worse before I finally seeked help! There is something wrong. He reluctantly prescribed me meds. Then questioned if I smoked. I said no. Then gave me a look asking who smokes in my home. No One. Then told me what a strong cigarette smell is on me. I was offended. I had showered a couple hours before coming, then went straight to sleep in my 8 year old's room and woke up t o go straight to the clinic. Spraying myself with antibacterial spray more then 4 times while at the clinic. I was so offended. Though, should if I smoke or not effect the standard of care I got? THEN, when he turned his examination on to my son, whose LEFT ear was blocked with wax after being sick for a week. Vivoda looked at his RIGHT ear first. My son started to cry and put up a fight (his ear hurts! I'm worried about infection). He refused to look at him after that. I apologized and let him know we had been there since 5 (The clinic site says it opens at 5, it actually opens at 6 and it's not after 7!). His response to me was "Everyone has!" I found this so rude considering He's 3! Which was my response. He's tired, wants to go home, hasn't ate, and his ears hurt! I asked him to please check the left repeatedly. He refused. Did not take his temperature, did not look at his eyes or ears. Did nothing. Refused to look at him after his half a second fight to get to the WRONG ear. I left upset, offended and still needing care for my son. At least a proper check to make sure he didn't do anything to the drum during his week of being sick last week, or have an infection, or need to be flushed! This doctor was not appropriate to work with Children or in my opinion anyone for that matter. I would never send anyone to him or this clinic again.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2017

He is an amazing doctor he listens to you and makes the best decision possible for you. If you respect him and let him do his job he will respect you. The reason people think he's rude is because they don't listen or think they know more than the Dr . Yes he can be brunt and short sometimes but he doesn't have time for people's non sence . He has been there for my family in every way possible and gone out of his way to help us. I don't down play anyone's experiences as each situation is different in my opinion best doctor around. Hope he never retires.

flag | Submitted December 20, 2016

Every time I see him at the walk in clinic, he diagnosed incorrectly. When I follow up with my family dr, my family dr tells me the diagnosis is incorrect. This had happened on at least 3 different occasions. I don't go to walk in clinic anymore if he is working.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2016

I was lucky enough to get Dr. Vivoda as my new doctor when Dr. Washburn retired. What a world of difference!! He is the best at what he does, and if he can't give you the answers right there in the appointment, he'll look into it and have his staff call me later. He's very knowledgeable, and I feel like that's an understatement!! I was diagnosed with things that my previous doctor should have picked up on. Albeit not life threatening, it would have been good to know these things about myself from the one person who should tell me! I trust Dr. Vivoda with my health. He is thorough and proactive in his approach. You don't want someone who will sugarcoat things with you; he's a straightforward kind of guy. I feel angry with my previous doctor for not having the same passion for his job as Dr. Vivoda has with his. I am truly blessed to have Dr. Vivoda looking after me! He tends to run late, and at first that made me a bit mad. But honestly, I'd wait hours to see this guy. He's worth the wait!!

flag | Submitted June 9, 2016

In my opinion I consider this Doctor one of the best I have ever encountered. He is practical and a no nonsense doctor. Some of his ratings reflect his style of practice. I would rather not have things sugar coated for me. I was suffering considerable pain in my knee. He examined me carefully and told me that it would require surgery and the prospects were 50/50 ! I was responsible for my injury and for the most part he told me I was responsible for doing what it took to get better, or recover what I could. I was referred a surgeon who is one of the best in Southwestern Ontario. It took me a long time to get an appointment. He too told me my prospect was 50-50! Dr Vivoda explained to me that since I was relatively young (55 yrs) and physically active, in his opinion he would have the operation BUT IT WAS MY DECISION! I made the election to have surgery and the physic that followed. I can say allot of pain and suffering was involved due to the surgery. I was lucky however it worked. What made it easier for me to decide was his frankness. In short, doctors are a small part of healing. Doctor Vivoda encouraged me to take and active role in my diagnosis, my evaluation and my recovery. Most people want to me babied ,coddled and things handed to them on a silver platter. I don't know about you, but that is not the real world!

flag | Submitted February 24, 2016

My husband and myself have had some really bad experiences with him as well. He is very arrogant, ignorant and disrespectful. The worst bedside manner a doctor could ever have. I wouldn't take an animal to see him let alone human being. I'm very surprised that no one has reported this idiot. He basically called me a liar and belittled me. He has done the same to my husband as well. I was diagnosed with Lupus around 20 years ago. I was sick and in hospital. Had a lesion on my face and the skin specialist took a biopsy of it and it came back I had lupus. Went back to him as I have had a lot of chronic pain in most of my muscles and joints which happens with Lupus. I seen him and right away he said I didn't have lupus so I told him yes I do, he turned around in his chair and said look I'm not going to argue with you. I replied back I'm not trying to argue with you I'm only telling you what I was told. He than said any biopsies done to back this up I told him yes so he ran a test, because the test came back negative as it can do, I was told it doesn't always show up in blood work. He said it showed no auto-immune decease was present or Rheumatoid Arthritis. He than said I THINK we are dealing with Fibromyalgia here. He than wanted to give me scripts for pain, sleeping pills and anti depressants. Now as well I have osteoporosis. The only meds I was on was Actonel. I decided I was going to check out the side affects of Actonel and was blown away. Everything I'm experiencing in pain and not feeling well was right there. There was 23 pages of patients on this drug and all bad side affects. They said it was poison to their body. Its was causing pain to the point of debilitating their bodies. They were bed ridden could barely walk, couldn't even work. Putting all that aside Dr. Vivoda should have known those symptoms of side effects to the drugs he prescribed me. Needless to say I through them in the garbage and now just sticking to the Calcium and vitamin D. So to make a long story short he was giving me more bad drugs for a medical condition he THINKS I have, which again will have more side effects to mix with what I'm dealing with now. Pill pusher. He gets a cut of the money for a lot of the scripts he writes. Take a pill and go home is what I got out of that. He deals with one problem at a time. Make another appointment. We live 45 minutes away from Aylmer where he is located. He doesn't take that into consideration at all. We have been in his office twice where an ambulance has had to pick up a patient. Both were cardiac issues. Makes me wonder if that has to do with one problem per visit. He has been our Doctor for the last 10 years. We dread going to him when we need too. Just want to put it out there people, he is not there to help you he is only interested in the money. Every time you go in, even for a script, he gets paid as soon as you walk in the door. Stay away from him your better off going to the walk in clinics

flag | Submitted February 5, 2016

I saw Dr Vivoda for pain in my legs and both hands. The pain was debilitating and prevented me from working at my job. I told him that I used a wheelchair at times when I needed to go to the mall. I asked Dr. Vivoda to fill out the paperwork for my pension so I could receive a disability pension as I had no income at the time. He flat out called me a liar and told me he was going to prove that I was a liar by doing an Xray to show that I had no problems in my knees. I was shocked and how rude he was to me and left his office in tears. I had never been off work before this. Needless to say, because I did not have a doctor write me a note the term on my disability pension expired. I was too traumatized after this incident to go to another doctor for fear I would be treated the same. This was many years ago and I have had no income except welfare. My condition has worsened and I was finally diagnosed with a neurological condition. If he had taken me seriously I would have had my HOOP disability pension rather than living on welfare. I now longer qualify as I the timeline had expired. I have lived with the shame for many years of feeling that I was to blame for this. Please don't see this man. He is incompetent. By the way, an xray does not assess soft tissue or nerves, just bones and joints.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2015