You may also like

Ratings for Dr. M. J. Kalchman

My 15 year old son was pushed at school which he unfortunately ended up with a broken elbow 4 weeks ago. I was extremely concerned that he needed surgery. I decided to look up Dr. Kalchman on this site and was horrified reading the comments left by other patients. Shame on me!! Dr. Kalchman has been absolutely amazing, I believe he could put Humpty Dumpty back together. From our initial meeting at the hospital he spoke directly to our son, as he was the one having surgery, he was extremely patient and answered any questions he was asked. This experience has been horrendous but from his compassionate office staff to the surgical floor nurses, to recovery nurses after surgery to the paediatric floor where we stayed 2 nights, the ortho clinic which we attend every week, each individual have been professional, compassionate and extremely empathetic towards my son. Dr. Kalchman has been humble, humorous and very friendly with all staff we have witnessed him with. While waiting in the ortho clinic for our xray an elderly woman came in and was crying, the Dr. wiped her tears and spoke so gently to her. This Dr. has taken a very unfortunate experience for our son and made it a "life sucks" but we deal with it and we are lucky to have had Dr. Kalchman's expertise during this time. We are truly thankful to have had this Dr. take care of our son.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2016

Great doctor. Everyone says he is mean and rude.. but I just think that those people don't know what he actually does. He fixes your bones and is not there to be your friend , so all the people who say he doesn't make " eye contact", go to a doctor who doesn't know what he/she is doing but looks you in the eyes and then complain about how terrible the surgery went. Smarten up people, he's your doctor not your friend.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2016

I like and appreciate your honesty, you have a wonderful personality , great bedside manner. I was lucky to have you attend my husband and take care of him. THANK YOU

flag | Submitted November 13, 2015

He says it how it is and doesn't push you if he doesn't think you are ready. I quite enjoy him and his staff. 3 of my family members have had dealings with him and he has been great!

flag | Submitted November 9, 2015

Reading these reviews makes me feel better knowing it wasn't just us that received his god like complex. I truly feel that when you don't make eye contact while talking to people you are just a piece of garbage . We've been seeing this god since June due to a fractured clavicle and he has no regard for how this affects day to day life. When asked what steps we should take , he responded with ...just do what physio says. I could sit and write a novel with the several experiences we have had with this man or sorry god but I will end it with please don't go here as we will be getting a second opinion.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2015

Dr Kakchman has the personality and bedside manner of a turnip! Really couldn't be bothered to hear anything I had to say about the knee pain I have suffered with for the last 10 wks! It effects everything I do, every day! Get physio was his diagnosis to me after our 2 min consultation. Perhaps if I had been an aspiring hockey player from the arena he runs his practice from I would have received more attention!!!! Thanks for nothing!

flag | Submitted June 1, 2015

I believe that Dr. Kalchman is a good doctor, but he is the most unfriendly doctor I have ever been to. He offered no information about what to expect and made no eye contact. He was very quick to get me out of the office. His receptionist is even worse. She gave me a form to fill out and never said a word to me. Next time I need to see an orthopedic surgeon, I will definitely ask my doctor for another doctor.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2015

I had to see this doc in emergency. He was very busy and obviously tired. I was told by one of the nurses that I was lucky to injure myself as the other docs aren't as good, and was she right. He stayed late the next evening to attend to my fracture and never had one issue with follow up. He was punctual and never rushed me through the process. I have since heard from a few physio's that he is a very good surgeon. Great health care in Niagara

flag | Submitted February 26, 2015

My daughter had a scope done by Kalchman . She was given top treatment by all staff in and out of hospital . Listening to people on waiting room at clinic and Kalchman is one of the best . Lucky to have him in our area

flag | Submitted December 16, 2014

i had a surgery that was never done before i am 15 now but i was 13 at the time he cut both my femurs in half then put poles in after rotating them 30 degrees or so. he was amazing he helped with the pain and answered every question with kindness and politeness. He was amazing i am all healed up now and might i say he changed my life.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2014

Dr. M. J. Kalchman's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "My 15 year old son was pushed at school which he unfortunately ended up with a broken elbow 4 weeks ago. I was extremely concerned that he needed surgery. I ..."

March 22, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Great doctor. Everyone says he is mean and rude.. but I just think that those people don't know what he actually does. He fixes your bones and is not there to b..."

January 25, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I like and appreciate your honesty, you have a wonderful personality , great bedside manner. I was lucky to have you attend my husband and take care of him. T..."

November 13, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "He says it how it is and doesn't push you if he doesn't think you are ready. I quite enjoy him and his staff. 3 of my family members have had dealings with hi..."

November 9, 2015
  • A new 3-star rating has been posted. "Reading these reviews makes me feel better knowing it wasn't just us that received his god like complex. I truly feel that when you don't make eye contact whi..."

October 21, 2015
  • Postal Code has been updated from "L2M0" to "L2R 3G1". Address has been updated from "None" to "None 240 St Paul Street W". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "19056889338".

June 3, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "Dr Kakchman has the personality and bedside manner of a turnip! Really couldn't be bothered to hear anything I had to say about the knee pain I have suffered wi..."

June 1, 2015
  • A new 3-star rating has been posted. "I believe that Dr. Kalchman is a good doctor, but he is the most unfriendly doctor I have ever been to. He offered no information about what to expect and made ..."

May 26, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had to see this doc in emergency. He was very busy and obviously tired. I was told by one of the nurses that I was lucky to injure myself as the other docs ar..."

February 26, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "My daughter had a scope done by Kalchman . She was given top treatment by all staff in and out of hospital . Listening to people on waiting room at clinic and K..."

December 16, 2014
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "i had a surgery that was never done before i am 15 now but i was 13 at the time he cut both my femurs in half then put poles in after rotating them 30 degrees o..."

December 10, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Wonderful experience!!!! Very friendly receptionist. The Doctor was so kind and asked me how I felt. He listened to me."

November 11, 2014
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "My daughter broke her elbow and Dr. Kalchman did surgery to pin broken piece back on. After the pins were removed 5 weeks post surgery, the piece of bone moved..."

November 10, 2014
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "This guy is a joke patients have a right to have a family member in the room with them when receiving medical treatment this doctor is in full breach of patient..."

September 11, 2014