Ratings for Dr. M. J. Kalchman

Dr. Kalchman is wonderful. He takes the time to answer all questions and explain everything to you. Wouldn't go to anyone else.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2017

My son has been a patient of Dr Kalchman for 15 years. I was warned by friends whose children were patients of his that he is abrupt, but I would say he is "efficient". if you ask questions he will certainly take the time to answer them and he speaks to my son not just to me. He did gastrocnemius surgery on my son and we had a very positive experience throughout his recovery. If you want a recommendation for an excellent surgeon Dr Kalchman is your man. If you want hand holding and hugs though, you might want to see someone else.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2017

What a complainer! The numbering system was down so everything was backed up in the fracture clinic today. He vocalized his position - "not my fault and I'm not staying past. It's not my problem." Spent less than 2 minutes with us and minimized the fracture as "no big deal", then proceeded to mock the work done by the emergency room team. Sounded like a petulant child. He may be okay at his job but just came off as an arrogant, spoiled brat.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2017

He's good at what he's there for primarily... fixing broken bones but he is frustrating for patients. Take the extra 30 seconds to explain what's going on and what the expectation is. Educating a patient allows them to better participate in their own recovery.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2017

Hi i had Dr.Kalchman replace both knees 1 year apart ,he is excellent knows what you need to do to get back on your feet ,ohip will cover soo many physio appointments so no excuses for not doing excercises or not getting physio .after i have heard complaints about two other drs in the same field and i think Dr.Kalchman is one of the best i will recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2017

Our daughter has seen this Dr for years now..:( He is arrogant and flat out rude to the parents.. His God complex is ridiculous! He acts Like we're Wasting his time..if your five minutes late he refuses to see you.. But he can be a half hour late and too bad... He complained about my kids reaction to pain when she was Injected several times with Botox in muscle.. Told us that she's not being cooperative.. Really?? He was better for her surgery but when we decided to get a second opinion he dropped us as patients.. Much happier at Shriners in Erie!

flag | Submitted November 14, 2016

All I can say is worst Doctor ever!!!!! I only tell people how horrible this guy is. He has zero compassion and hacked up my daughters elbow. My daughter was 5 years old when she broke her elbow. She needed surgery to fix. She got two temporary pins put in. Kalchman took the pins out 5 weeks after surgery. My daughter cried with pain when he pulled them out. The reason is because the piece of bone never adhered back to the elbow and was now floating around in there which he never felt the need to tell us!!!! We went to physio for weeks with no improvement, no range of motion. He looked at X-rays and said "Oh..what's going on here". I said " What is going on here" He replied with " It's probably just the way the X-ray was taken. Even though he saw the problem he never told us and made my daughter suffer. I went for second opinion in Hamilton and ironically the Dr. there could see the problem and told us she needed another surgery to fix. He told us that he would try to fix, but no promises. He also told us that he fixes a lot of Niagara mess ups. He also told us that Dr. Kalchman had called him for advice on a patient - my daughter!!!! Yet, he never admitted that there was a problem. It was me that pushed and pushed to seek second opinion and finally third opinion in London. In London we saw Dr.Carey. Dr. Carey did the second surgery 11 months after the first one. She has full range of motion again!!! Kalchman was OK with leaving my now 6 year old, crippled. She couldn't bring her hand to even feed herself or brush her hair because her elbow wouldn't bend because of the loose piece which now attached to the inside of her elbow. Dr. Carey explained it like a pencil in a door hinge. It just wouldn't bend and hacker (Kalchman) could live with himself leaving a 6 year old in this way. Not even telling us or refer us to some other Dr. It was me that did it all. What an experience!! Thanks for nothing Dr.Kalchman...I hope your loved ones never deal with someone like you.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2016

Dr kalchman and his receptionist Maureen are absolutely amazing....the care I received was top notch....I had an arthroscope on my knee did a fabulous job....I will recommend dr kalc hman to anyone ... definitely a gold star doctor!!!!!

flag | Submitted August 31, 2016

I'm 15 years old and I got sent to him to check out my patello femoral syndrom in my knees. All though I'm quite scared to see him because of all of these reviews , but I hope to prove these reviews wrong. I'll be back with a review about the doctor soon & I really hope he can see what the problem is and to help my pain!

flag | Submitted August 9, 2016

This dr is awful. Saw him first and he said you have arthritis and just to exercise and work with it. A yr later much worse, different dr they did tests and I had a torn meniscus and I needed a scope for the one knee. Other one I received cortisone injection which has helped a lot the first 6-8mths. I would never recommend this dr to anyone.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2016