You may also like

Rate Dr. M. J. Kalchman

Dr. M. J. Kalchman's Ratings

Dr Kakchman has the personality and bedside manner of a turnip! Really couldn't be bothered to hear anything I had to say about the knee pain I have suffered with for the last 10 wks! It effects everything I do, every day! Get physio was his diagnosis to me after our 2 min consultation. Perhaps if I had been an aspiring hockey player from the arena he runs his practice from I would have received more attention!!!! Thanks for nothing!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2824301].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 1, 2015

I believe that Dr. Kalchman is a good doctor, but he is the most unfriendly doctor I have ever been to. He offered no information about what to expect and made no eye contact. He was very quick to get me out of the office. His receptionist is even worse. She gave me a form to fill out and never said a word to me. Next time I need to see an orthopedic surgeon, I will definitely ask my doctor for another doctor.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2818212].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 26, 2015

I had to see this doc in emergency. He was very busy and obviously tired. I was told by one of the nurses that I was lucky to injure myself as the other docs aren't as good, and was she right. He stayed late the next evening to attend to my fracture and never had one issue with follow up. He was punctual and never rushed me through the process. I have since heard from a few physio's that he is a very good surgeon. Great health care in Niagara

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2737065].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Feb. 26, 2015

My daughter had a scope done by Kalchman . She was given top treatment by all staff in and out of hospital . Listening to people on waiting room at clinic and Kalchman is one of the best . Lucky to have him in our area

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2654833].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 16, 2014

i had a surgery that was never done before i am 15 now but i was 13 at the time he cut both my femurs in half then put poles in after rotating them 30 degrees or so. he was amazing he helped with the pain and answered every question with kindness and politeness. He was amazing i am all healed up now and might i say he changed my life.

Was this rating useful? 3 [[ userState['ratings'][2648736].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Dec. 10, 2014

Wonderful experience!!!! Very friendly receptionist. The Doctor was so kind and asked me how I felt. He listened to me.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2614701].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 11, 2014

My daughter broke her elbow and Dr. Kalchman did surgery to pin broken piece back on. After the pins were removed 5 weeks post surgery, the piece of bone moved and he didn't have the decency or heart to help my 5 year old.. He acted like everything was fine even though her range of motion was at a mere 20% of what it was. We ended up (with no help from Kalchman) getting a second opinion and a second surgery a year later in London, ON. If it wasn't for me pushing for help, my daughters arm would have been disabled for life. She now has almost 100% of her range of motion back. This doctor does not admit his mistakes.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2614366].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Nov. 11, 2014

This guy is a joke patients have a right to have a family member in the room with them when receiving medical treatment this doctor is in full breach of patient rights do not see this doctor !!! He also doesn't allow the patient to advocate for themselves what he says goes and that's not right either. And his office staff are more rude then he is being seen by this clinic is a waste of time

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2532729].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 11, 2014

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2511458].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 23, 2014

Dr. Kalchman recently performed surgery on my 6 year old son's forearm (ulna and radius break). We initially met with him in the Emergency, where he was every bit the professional, making my son feel cared for and taking time to answer any questions we had. Prior to and following the surgery he was attentive and easygoing, which reassured us that we were in good hands. Our follow up appointments have also been great (albeit with longish wait times), but he and his staff are doing the best with what they have to work with @ the General. I would not hesitate to recommend Dr. Kalchman, and we will certainly request him if we need orthopedic work again.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1785322].votes_count ]]