Ratings for Dr. M. J. Kalchman

I broke my ankle and had surgery yesterday and he was my doctor and he was very nice and answered all my questions as I was very nervous and in the OR he held my hand while I got my iv and he was very nice about it

flag | Submitted March 20, 2018

Told me he didn’t know what I had and the symptoms weren’t physically possible

flag | Submitted January 29, 2018

hip surgery done in October, 2017. Excellent results and good experience.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2017

Excellent Dr. He did my knee replacement with excellent results. I would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone else needing treatment.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2017

This doctor is a complete douche to his staff! I overheard him calling one an idiot and then another one was working with a brand new student and instead of saying hi to the student and introducing himself he looked at the technician said 'well I hope this doesn't slow you down'... Nice one doc, class act! The first time I went to the fracture clinic it was a three hour wait this time it was 45 minutes , very inconsistent and unreliable especially if you have things to do, like...life. The staff however is awesome and tries to get you in and out as fast as possible. The doctor himself is very knowledgable, but he just needs to keep his cocky attitude. His visit with me was very pleasant but if you don't treat your staff right, your a complete write off in my books!

flag | Submitted September 6, 2017

Dr. Kalchman is wonderful. He takes the time to answer all questions and explain everything to you. Wouldn't go to anyone else.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2017

My son has been a patient of Dr Kalchman for 15 years. I was warned by friends whose children were patients of his that he is abrupt, but I would say he is "efficient". if you ask questions he will certainly take the time to answer them and he speaks to my son not just to me. He did gastrocnemius surgery on my son and we had a very positive experience throughout his recovery. If you want a recommendation for an excellent surgeon Dr Kalchman is your man. If you want hand holding and hugs though, you might want to see someone else.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2017

What a complainer! The numbering system was down so everything was backed up in the fracture clinic today. He vocalized his position - "not my fault and I'm not staying past. It's not my problem." Spent less than 2 minutes with us and minimized the fracture as "no big deal", then proceeded to mock the work done by the emergency room team. Sounded like a petulant child. He may be okay at his job but just came off as an arrogant, spoiled brat.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2017

He's good at what he's there for primarily... fixing broken bones but he is frustrating for patients. Take the extra 30 seconds to explain what's going on and what the expectation is. Educating a patient allows them to better participate in their own recovery.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2017

Hi i had Dr.Kalchman replace both knees 1 year apart ,he is excellent knows what you need to do to get back on your feet ,ohip will cover soo many physio appointments so no excuses for not doing excercises or not getting physio .after i have heard complaints about two other drs in the same field and i think Dr.Kalchman is one of the best i will recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2017