Ratings for Dr. M. J. Kalchman

I'm 15 years old and I got sent to him to check out my patello femoral syndrom in my knees. All though I'm quite scared to see him because of all of these reviews , but I hope to prove these reviews wrong. I'll be back with a review about the doctor soon & I really hope he can see what the problem is and to help my pain!

flag | Submitted August 9, 2016

This dr is awful. Saw him first and he said you have arthritis and just to exercise and work with it. A yr later much worse, different dr they did tests and I had a torn meniscus and I needed a scope for the one knee. Other one I received cortisone injection which has helped a lot the first 6-8mths. I would never recommend this dr to anyone.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2016

Dr. Kalchman made me leave the hospital crying, and I'm not even his patient, that's how RUDE he was! As soon as he walked into the exam room for my fiance's SCHEDULED appointment he gave him this disgusted, and annoyed look that he was seeing my fiance again. Well, this part is not any Dr's fault, but we do not have medical coverage, my fiance is off work with no pay, so when he recommended physiotherapy and my fiance was unable to attend physio, Dr. Kalchman then looked at us as if we were complete idiots and asked us what he expected us to do? Well, Dr. Kalchman, maybe you can give us advice on doing our own therapy or direct us to someone who can help. Essentially, this nitwit is giving us a run around. First the knee was too swollen for an MRI, now its not swollen but can't diagnose without physio. We now are going for a second opinion from another orthopedic surgeon. Maybe one who can show a little compassion and try to make this unfortunate situation a little easier to cope with.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2016

My 15 year old son was pushed at school which he unfortunately ended up with a broken elbow 4 weeks ago. I was extremely concerned that he needed surgery. I decided to look up Dr. Kalchman on this site and was horrified reading the comments left by other patients. Shame on me!! Dr. Kalchman has been absolutely amazing, I believe he could put Humpty Dumpty back together. From our initial meeting at the hospital he spoke directly to our son, as he was the one having surgery, he was extremely patient and answered any questions he was asked. This experience has been horrendous but from his compassionate office staff to the surgical floor nurses, to recovery nurses after surgery to the paediatric floor where we stayed 2 nights, the ortho clinic which we attend every week, each individual have been professional, compassionate and extremely empathetic towards my son. Dr. Kalchman has been humble, humorous and very friendly with all staff we have witnessed him with. While waiting in the ortho clinic for our xray an elderly woman came in and was crying, the Dr. wiped her tears and spoke so gently to her. This Dr. has taken a very unfortunate experience for our son and made it a "life sucks" but we deal with it and we are lucky to have had Dr. Kalchman's expertise during this time. We are truly thankful to have had this Dr. take care of our son.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2016

Great doctor. Everyone says he is mean and rude.. but I just think that those people don't know what he actually does. He fixes your bones and is not there to be your friend , so all the people who say he doesn't make " eye contact", go to a doctor who doesn't know what he/she is doing but looks you in the eyes and then complain about how terrible the surgery went. Smarten up people, he's your doctor not your friend.

flag | Submitted January 25, 2016

I like and appreciate your honesty, you have a wonderful personality , great bedside manner. I was lucky to have you attend my husband and take care of him. THANK YOU

flag | Submitted November 13, 2015

He says it how it is and doesn't push you if he doesn't think you are ready. I quite enjoy him and his staff. 3 of my family members have had dealings with him and he has been great!

flag | Submitted November 9, 2015

Reading these reviews makes me feel better knowing it wasn't just us that received his god like complex. I truly feel that when you don't make eye contact while talking to people you are just a piece of garbage . We've been seeing this god since June due to a fractured clavicle and he has no regard for how this affects day to day life. When asked what steps we should take , he responded with ...just do what physio says. I could sit and write a novel with the several experiences we have had with this man or sorry god but I will end it with please don't go here as we will be getting a second opinion.

flag | Submitted October 21, 2015

Dr Kakchman has the personality and bedside manner of a turnip! Really couldn't be bothered to hear anything I had to say about the knee pain I have suffered with for the last 10 wks! It effects everything I do, every day! Get physio was his diagnosis to me after our 2 min consultation. Perhaps if I had been an aspiring hockey player from the arena he runs his practice from I would have received more attention!!!! Thanks for nothing!

flag | Submitted June 1, 2015

I believe that Dr. Kalchman is a good doctor, but he is the most unfriendly doctor I have ever been to. He offered no information about what to expect and made no eye contact. He was very quick to get me out of the office. His receptionist is even worse. She gave me a form to fill out and never said a word to me. Next time I need to see an orthopedic surgeon, I will definitely ask my doctor for another doctor.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2015