Ratings for Dr. Bruce C. Bayles

Does not listen. He will send you for tests, but if you have a chronic illness, I recommend seeing a specialist. I felt I wasn't taken seriously because I am young and female. He asked me if I was sure I wasn't just depressed. I was quite insulted and found a new doctor who listened and led me to a diagnosis. He's probably good for routine health visits, but not for treatment of any sort.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2011

I have seen Dr. Bayles 6 or 7 times in the last 10 years. For the most part I am a very healthy 55 year old man. I am also a Doctor of Chiropractic and know about health on a level many do not. He has been wonderful. He is a very knowledgeable physician. He is very through. If his personality is a bit dry it is just his way.He is very concerned about his patients well being. As an "alternative Health Care Professional" I am very picky about who treats me and to whom I refer patients to. Dr. Bayles is a man I trust.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2008

If you're a robot, then this is a great practice. He knows his stuff. He knows which tests to send you off to do. But the "beside manner" is non-existent. He flies in, says that you'll do some tests, then flies out and never says goodbye or what the follow up plan is. Then the friendly nurse comes in to try to explain things and courteously escorts you out. Given my complicated history with specialists, I had hoped for a PCP who would care and try to map out a plan for what I should be doing. And had to ask him "so, are you willing to be my Dr. and help navigate the follow up and preventative steps I need?" And his answer was "yes," but then he never talked to me again. He left without even saying what I should do next, or giving me a change for me to propose what to do next. Like an automotive repair shop. Come in, do the tests, he leaves without much interaction, and the lady at the desk will take care of the rest. ???

flag | Submitted June 27, 2008

Through excruciating pain Dr. Bayles diagnosed "acid reflux" and would not listen to my experience. Ultimately, I saw a different doctor who not only diagnosed the problem but referred me for emergency surgery. It is possible that he saved my life with a bowel resectioning.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2008

Dr. Bruce C. Bayles's Credentials

• Philadelphia College Of Osteopathic Medicine (Grad. 1975)