Ratings for Dr. Kevin Gurr

L4-5 fusion,decompression,disc replacement, he is an inconceivably intelligent and experienced Dr. he exudes confidence as does his staff. On the table my catheter was out in wrong and did not drain my bladder for the 5hr surgery. They tried to fix it instead ripped my eurethra up,that was painful. When I asked Dr G he completely dismissed the situation,I wonder why? When he opened me up he found 4 fractures amongst 2 vertebrae it that's not what the 2 year old MRI said,maybe should of got a new one since it took me 2 years to see him. He did not come see me after the surgery he went on holidays so they say and sent someone else with a lap top that I couldn't see because of drugs. I felt good first couple of weeks following surgery then all my pain slowly over the passing months started to return. To shorten the story on my last visit he told me I have phantom pain. I believe it exists but it is associated with external limbs not internal bones and such,and the lack of use with my left leg would suggest there is something else wrong. I am a very strong willed tough person,health,positive and know myself very well. Instead of offering more tests or research he suggested pain management to get me out of his office and out of his career. According to him it was the first time he ever saw someone with my kind of damage. I thought he would of put more effort and time in to figure out what was going on or send me to another Dr who may see something he does not but he took the easy way out and told me it is phantom pain. I have 2 kids to raise and am on disability now,that does not pay the bills. I believed he would get me back to work one way or another,now I'm losing my home. How do I keep a roof over my children's head Dr. I never got to tell you everything I felt as appointments are always rushed. Beyond the normal mind bending pain I have 20 hrs a day when I walk every step is like someone someone is hitting my lower left side of back at the hip with a hammer,if I walk a couple hundred yards I start losing control of my left leg at the hip/lower left side back and I have a tendency to trip because I can't move my leg starting at the hip or lower back,does that sound like phantom pain ? All the while my gluteus become numb. Riding in a vehicle is torture as I feel every bump in the road in my lower spine. Does that sound like phantom pain ? Hi staff is amazing and wonderful and orchestrated everything flawlessly. He is a great doctor,I'm not debating that but for me personally I was one of his failures and he put me out to pasture. I was a number not a patient and that's the way he made me feel as well. I'm glad many others had success and I wish you all a wonderful healthy happy life.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2017

I've only had my 2 appointments with Dr. Gurr so far and have found him and all his staff to be extremely efficient and caring. Originally was referred in April 2017 for my L4, L5 and S1. Seen Dr. Gurr in May 2017 and had a neck MRI 2 days later as he seen something no other doctor could. The next week I was back in his office getting the results and am now scheduled for a ACDF C3, C4 in 4 days. If post op care is anything like pre-op care, I am in great hands

flag | Submitted June 16, 2017

Dr. Gurr operated 2 times on me..once to repair a broken neck and another to remedy a vertebra protruding and blocking swallowing. His work was excellent and his follow up was beyond what was expected. i would refer Dr. Gurr to anyone needing spinal cord surgery.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2017

Had back surgery and 2 neck surgeries from Dr.Gurr. The best Doctor ever. Amazing. Shelley B.

flag | Submitted April 17, 2017

Most Excellent Doctor. I Don't know where I would Be Without Him. He is Knowledgeable and Equally Skilled. Other Doctors could Learn A Thing or Two From The Man. I look Forward to My next Appointment. He is a Straight Shooter, When Telling you about your Particular Situation. Truthful and To The Point. . .We need more Orthopedic Surgeons of The Same Calibre. His Staff go out of there way to make you feel Well Cared For. God Bless Him and His Staff........Kevin Richards

flag | Submitted March 24, 2017

Excellent doctor . He was so kind to my mother who had emergency spinal surgery. He is an excellent skilled doctor.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2017

You effing rock! Thanks for helping my friend! She is doing amazing and all thanks to you!

flag | Submitted November 11, 2016

L4-5 fusion as well, only 2 weeks ago. Everyone from dr Gurr to Pat, dr sullen..and everyone in OR..are wonderful.... I waited for 7 months for this surgery, not dr gurr's fault.Ont government needs to own that one. Thank you Dr Gurr, I feel so much better, it's been years...Pat is so pleasant and helpful..... Nothing but wonderful to say about him and his staff....thank you so much....never thought I would get rid of this back issue...

flag | Submitted October 6, 2016

I had an L4-5 spinal fusion done by Dr. Gurr. You can be very confident that he is the right guy for your spine surgery. Very experienced and knowledgeable and yes Pat and the other staff are great too. If he is late it's because these guys are extremely busy and in my case a co joined nerve extended the surgery time significantly. My surgery was successful and I am thankful for the help I have received. The wait times are primarily the fault of our provincial government's failure to fund the hospitals sufficiently to provide the patient services that are needed.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2016

My husband is a patient of Dr. Gurr's. I cannot say enough about a very positive experience from our first visit to his office right through to a very difficult back surgery including a couple of complications that were totally unexpected. When Dr. Gurr came to talk to me after my husband's surgery, he was compassionate and very caring in explaining that my husband was taken to the CCU Unit as a precaution due to complications. His calmness helped me to deal with a very traumatic time. Even with unexpected complications, my husband's surgery was a success. 3 weeks after surgery, he is pain free for the first time in almost 4 years. We are so thankful for the referral that led us to Dr. Gurr. Pat, his secretary is amazing. How she keeps everything straight is beyond me. Cheerful, caring and so helpful. I do not have one negative thing to say about my husband's experience with Dr. Gurr.

flag | Submitted May 31, 2016