Ratings for Dr. Kevin Gurr

You effing rock! Thanks for helping my friend! She is doing amazing and all thanks to you!

flag | Submitted November 11, 2016

L4-5 fusion as well, only 2 weeks ago. Everyone from dr Gurr to Pat, dr sullen..and everyone in OR..are wonderful.... I waited for 7 months for this surgery, not dr gurr's fault.Ont government needs to own that one. Thank you Dr Gurr, I feel so much better, it's been years...Pat is so pleasant and helpful..... Nothing but wonderful to say about him and his staff....thank you so much....never thought I would get rid of this back issue...

flag | Submitted October 6, 2016

I had an L4-5 spinal fusion done by Dr. Gurr. You can be very confident that he is the right guy for your spine surgery. Very experienced and knowledgeable and yes Pat and the other staff are great too. If he is late it's because these guys are extremely busy and in my case a co joined nerve extended the surgery time significantly. My surgery was successful and I am thankful for the help I have received. The wait times are primarily the fault of our provincial government's failure to fund the hospitals sufficiently to provide the patient services that are needed.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2016

My husband is a patient of Dr. Gurr's. I cannot say enough about a very positive experience from our first visit to his office right through to a very difficult back surgery including a couple of complications that were totally unexpected. When Dr. Gurr came to talk to me after my husband's surgery, he was compassionate and very caring in explaining that my husband was taken to the CCU Unit as a precaution due to complications. His calmness helped me to deal with a very traumatic time. Even with unexpected complications, my husband's surgery was a success. 3 weeks after surgery, he is pain free for the first time in almost 4 years. We are so thankful for the referral that led us to Dr. Gurr. Pat, his secretary is amazing. How she keeps everything straight is beyond me. Cheerful, caring and so helpful. I do not have one negative thing to say about my husband's experience with Dr. Gurr.

flag | Submitted May 31, 2016

After many years of significant discomfort and increasing numbness and disability, Dr. Gurr performed a lumbar decompression, discectomy and fusion 1 year ago today and I have been pain-free since. Dr. Gurr proved to be the most compassionate and professional medical person I have ever met. With his incredible skills, I am so grateful that he performed my surgery.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2016

Can't say enough. He's the best. Performed ACDF on C5-C7. Everything went as explained to me. I highly recommend his talent and knowledge. I'm very satisfied with everything from initial pre-op to post-op follow ups. He is in no hurry and will answer all of your questions. Thank you Dr. Gurr.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2016

I was a patient of Dr. Gurr some years ago and under his care I had three surgeries. I had found him to be very caring and understanding man, I have no complaints about this doctor. I felt safe in his hands, thank you Dr. Gurr. Signed: A.T.M.P.

flag | Submitted December 17, 2015

Where do I start with this guy. I waited 1 year and 9 months to see this so called best in Canada. When I get there I was told i need an xray of my back , so I get it done, mind you I have all my MRIs available . Then I wait another 2 hours . His assistant had more questions for me then Gurr did. When the doctor enters the room he doesn't even acknowledge me but starts asking his assistant questions , well excuse me arent I the patient . Then he tells me I need another MRI because my previous ones are out of date . Why couldnt somebody tell me about this like lets say 1 year ago. I felt like he was rushing everything which he was because he was done at 4 pm and I got in to see him at 330 pm. Oh and why give me an xray that day if you are not even going to look at it. You would think he would of looked at my previous MRI and the xray to see where I was at over 1 year ago to give me some kind of gauge to how bad it was back then , but nothing at all.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2015

In March of 1993 Dr. Garr put my leg. Back on after literally being ripped off by a PTO from a tractor. Don't remember much of the time but my wife said there was no BS and he got it done. 2014 now and leg is still attached and functioning

flag | Submitted December 7, 2014

I suffered from a herniated disc at L5/S1 when I was 22 years old (2010). Initially settled it down with Pysio until September 2013 I blew the disc out again while lifting weights. I had surgery June 2014. I can't say enough good things about Dr Gurr and his staff. This man literally gave me my life back. Don't expect him to be your friend he is there to fix you and that he will. Dr Gurr is a blessing and amazing at what he does. Maintain your exercises after surgery, live a healthy life style and you will be fine. I'm 15 weeks post op and have my life back and most importantly I'm PAIN FREE. If you are heading in for back surgery, all I can say is ignore any negative comments below and do everything in your power to ensure Dr Gurr is your surgeon.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2014