You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Kevin Gurr

After many years of significant discomfort and increasing numbness and disability, Dr. Gurr performed a lumbar decompression, discectomy and fusion 1 year ago today and I have been pain-free since. Dr. Gurr proved to be the most compassionate and professional medical person I have ever met. With his incredible skills, I am so grateful that he performed my surgery.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2016

Can't say enough. He's the best. Performed ACDF on C5-C7. Everything went as explained to me. I highly recommend his talent and knowledge. I'm very satisfied with everything from initial pre-op to post-op follow ups. He is in no hurry and will answer all of your questions. Thank you Dr. Gurr.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2016

I was a patient of Dr. Gurr some years ago and under his care I had three surgeries. I had found him to be very caring and understanding man, I have no complaints about this doctor. I felt safe in his hands, thank you Dr. Gurr. Signed: A.T.M.P.

flag | Submitted December 17, 2015

Where do I start with this guy. I waited 1 year and 9 months to see this so called best in Canada. When I get there I was told i need an xray of my back , so I get it done, mind you I have all my MRIs available . Then I wait another 2 hours . His assistant had more questions for me then Gurr did. When the doctor enters the room he doesn't even acknowledge me but starts asking his assistant questions , well excuse me arent I the patient . Then he tells me I need another MRI because my previous ones are out of date . Why couldnt somebody tell me about this like lets say 1 year ago. I felt like he was rushing everything which he was because he was done at 4 pm and I got in to see him at 330 pm. Oh and why give me an xray that day if you are not even going to look at it. You would think he would of looked at my previous MRI and the xray to see where I was at over 1 year ago to give me some kind of gauge to how bad it was back then , but nothing at all.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2015

In March of 1993 Dr. Garr put my leg. Back on after literally being ripped off by a PTO from a tractor. Don't remember much of the time but my wife said there was no BS and he got it done. 2014 now and leg is still attached and functioning

flag | Submitted December 7, 2014

I suffered from a herniated disc at L5/S1 when I was 22 years old (2010). Initially settled it down with Pysio until September 2013 I blew the disc out again while lifting weights. I had surgery June 2014. I can't say enough good things about Dr Gurr and his staff. This man literally gave me my life back. Don't expect him to be your friend he is there to fix you and that he will. Dr Gurr is a blessing and amazing at what he does. Maintain your exercises after surgery, live a healthy life style and you will be fine. I'm 15 weeks post op and have my life back and most importantly I'm PAIN FREE. If you are heading in for back surgery, all I can say is ignore any negative comments below and do everything in your power to ensure Dr Gurr is your surgeon.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2014

To start off, this was the first sort of experience I had with surgery. I was referred to Dr.Gurr in 2010 due to a herniated disc (L5). I was 16 years old and had a lot of sciatic leg pain (never had back pain until post-op), and despite PT for a couple months, it kept getting worse. When I first met Dr.Gurr, he was reassuring and comforting about surgery. When I left the consultation I was given a book for post-op exercises and care by the secretary. That is next to all the info I was given for post-op. The day of the surgery, doctors in the OR were very kind, but Dr.Gurr himself barely said a word to me. The first consultation post-op, he asked me questions, but didn't give me much advice. The second and last one, he was nearly two hours late and rushed during the appt. Two years later, I have severe pain 24/7 in my entire spine and I feel it's because I didn't do things right post-op, since I was never properly instructed. :( I had to find out on my own how important exercises are.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2013

I recently had a lumbar discectomy performed by Dr Gurr. I found him to be one of the most unassuming doctors that I have ever met, let alone received services from. He has excellent bedside manner, a great sense of humour (important to me in putting me at ease) and all in all the experience could almost be described as ‘’pleasant’. I wish I could say the same for the intern that examined me before Dr Gurr came into the room. The intern was ready to send me away with the impression that surgery was not an option, but Dr Gurr then looked at the MRI and corrected him. Literally less than two weeks later I was on the table … after a 20 year history of back pain, I finally found someone willing to take a good look. I am still recovering, and have numbness and discomfort still, but it’s only been three or four weeks since the cut and I have hopes for at least a chance of recovery … something that no one has given me to this point. I highly recommend Dr Gurr for back surgery. Great guy.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2011

Very helpful, answered all our questions, gave us all the time we needed with him, that's why he was not on time for the appointment. Got in our 1:30 appointment at 3:15 and talked to a fellow first, then the surgeon, but we did not leave the appointment until about 5pm! Pretty nice/friendly though, (actually has social skills!) i was nervous at first, but happy with how the appointment went. The staff was friendly and helpful too.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2011

When you expect to see a Orthopedic surgeon after a 8 month wait and only see his intern I find it very discerning We waited almost 2 1/2 hours to see him and did not only his Intern Intern said should have another MRI of spine lesion to see if there is any interval changes, and try Facet Injection for degenerative changes causing pain Intern sending referring DR recommdations regarding future MRI,& Facet Injections LOL these were already in the works thanks to my GP Brought MRI regarding neck pain and disc bulging never even addressed it Very Disappointed in Dr. Gurr have seen him over the years for work place accident and 2 car accidents injuring low back and Whip-Lashes

flag | Submitted December 22, 2010

Dr. Kevin Gurr's Credentials

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "After many years of significant discomfort and increasing numbness and disability, Dr. Gurr performed a lumbar decompression, discectomy and fusion 1 year ago t..."

April 2, 2016
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Can't say enough. He's the best. Performed ACDF on C5-C7. Everything went as explained to me. I highly recommend his talent and knowledge. I'm very satisfied w..."

January 28, 2016
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I was a patient of Dr. Gurr some years ago and under his care I had three surgeries. I had found him to be very caring and understanding man, I have no complain..."

December 17, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Where do I start with this guy. I waited 1 year and 9 months to see this so called best in Canada. When I get there I was told i need an xray of my back , ..."

June 26, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "In March of 1993 Dr. Garr put my leg. Back on after literally being ripped off by a PTO from a tractor. Don't remember much of the time but my wife said there..."

December 7, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I suffered from a herniated disc at L5/S1 when I was 22 years old (2010). Initially settled it down with Pysio until September 2013 I blew the disc out again w..."

September 16, 2014