Ratings for Dr. Lawrence L. Golusinski

I really like Dr. G as a physician. He spends adequate time with you & listens to what you have to say. However, his office staff, particularly Antrice, is so terrible I can no longer be his patient anymore, after 6 years of dealing with her. If you have any billing issues, she will blame you. I work in healthcare & where I work we like to help our patients figure things out because it can be difficult navigating between the billing, insurance and MD worlds. His office, on the other hand, talks down & is condescending to you, as if you should know everything about insurance companies, co-pays, and pre-authorizations. They do not work well if you get a referral to another provider for ie ultrasound, CT scan, etc. They won't send the necessary paperwork in time & you will have to track the office staff down to do it, most likely leaving you to schedule multiple appointments with this referral because pre-appointment paperwork didn't get completed timely. Next, if you ever need the office to send information to your employer, ie annual physical for health insurance information. You can guarantee they will forget to fax it. Again, after you waste your time following up, they will say they did fax it and blame you. Then, eventually you will have to get them to mail it to you so you can do it yourself. Last, if you need medical information about yourself (ie immunizations or labs), be sure that the office staff will probe you as to why you need that...like it's any of their business. Something that they can easily email you from your health file is a problem, as the computer most likely crashed that week & they are having major issues in the office that you can't possibly understand. You will certainly have to pick it up yourself or get it snail mail, even though you've signed consent to receive health records via email. Also, it will be at least a week until it will be ready. I even referred a friend to the office a few years ago. When he arrived for his appointment, they had cancelled it. They called a different patient to confirm and when this patient knew nothing of an appointment, appointment cancelled. So, you would think as this was the office mistake they would be accommodating...think again! He had to re-scheduled & come a different day. If this sounds like something you want to deal with, go for it! I don't need this added bs in my life anymore. Medical office personnel shouldn't be condescending and make you feel frustrated after every conversation.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2014

Terrible receptionist. Not necessarily a patient advocate, more rx advocate. Cash only office is bad.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2012

He listens! He asks questions and listens to the answers. He does not rush you. My wife has used him for 15 years or more. When we married I have been with him 5 years. We drive 140 miles to see him. He and his fine staff are worth it.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2011

Although Dr. Golusinski is actually a very good doctor. His staff is so horrible (Antrice) that there is no way I will ever return there. I have also told as many people as possible to not go there as well. It's a shame because I really like going to see Dr. G, but there is no way I want to ever look upon that horrible woman again. What a horrible experience!

flag | Submitted April 12, 2011

Dr. Lawrence L. Golusinski's Credentials

• Medical College Of Virginia Commonwealth University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1989)