Ratings for Dr. David Clarke

I have had Dr Clarke as my physician for 32 years. He has delivered both my children and has been wonderful. He is open to patient suggestions and never afraid to refer for additional services. He keeps abreast of new trends and services and isn't afraid to do a bit of homework to explore additional options. He is a very caring and compassionate man. I have even received a call from him on the weekend just to see how I was doing. I dread the day he retires!

flag | Submitted February 21, 2016

I have had Dr. Clarke as my physician for almost 30 years. He has delivered my two children and takes care of us all. He is an extremely caring man. Yes you do have to wait sometimes as he often runs late for his appointments. This is because he takes the time when the patients need it. He is not afraid to refer to a specialist if out of his realm. We are lucky to have such a compassionate and caring doctor.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2015

The best doctor I know, and anyone who has him, loves him.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2015

Dr. Clarke took on our family when we moved to Parry Sound. He didn't have to, but he made room. Considering the doctor shortage in Ontario, this was a blessing. I sometimes see the Nurse Practitioner, the baby nurse, or the treatment nurse - how great to rely on the whole team for minor or medium issues or needles, but when I need something big or complex, he is there, takes his time. The best thing about him (we've lived in four communities in the past 25 years and have had three other family doctors) is the patient-focused care. He listens to what you think is wrong, your symptoms, or when my kids are sick, what I as a mom think the problem is and offers follow-up or suggestions or further reading. An example of how he really does care for his patients is in my ninth month of pregnancy, he assured me that even though he was going to be on vacation and at the cottage, call his service and he would come for the labour. And he did. He came off vacation to deliver my baby. Enough said.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2013

Great doctor. always takes his time with me. Just wish the Ontario govt. would stop cutting back on paid procedures.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2013

I absolutely love Dr Clarke! He took such good care of me during my first pregnancy and when my son was born premature, he offered to take him on as his patient and also ended up taking me on as well. I am pregnant with my second and he is my ob again and I wouldn't want any other Dr but him. I've never had to wait very long to see him and he's just taken such good care of me. I couldn't ask for a better Dr.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2013

I had to move back to the city to recieve the proper treatment of iron infusions. I had a portacath that was to be flushed regularly and venifer tratments that were to be scheduled monthly that was never done. no phone calls were reurned to me with an answer to why I was not getting proper treatment. I had to have my port removed because it clotted, caused by not being used regularly and being flushed. As a regular GP I am assuming he would be great but just hope nothing out of the ordinary goes wrong and you need special treatment.

flag | Submitted December 27, 2012

Very communicating, interested in listening to your case, looks after all details, explains well. Saved my life and continues to be concerned.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2012

Dr. Clarke is an extremely caring and knowledgeable physician. How many doctors do you know that would phone you personally to discuss something with you on a weekend? If he is unsure he will recommend that you see a specialist for further advice. His staff do their very best to get you in to see him if you feel it is urgent. I have had Dr. Clarke as my physician for over 25 years and I will continue with him until he retires.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2012

Ive been seeing him for 17yrs and he is never in a hurry. He takes the note pad I bring with all my questions and goes through everything on it. He goes over my blood work on his computer and answers my questions if I have any. It is sometimes hard to get an appointment but I always get in every 3 months. A good doctor, who I wouldnt trade for another.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2011