Ratings for Dr. Ross Dunbar

Excellent Doctor. He never makes his patients feel rushed and he explains things clearly. Very knowledgeable but not afraid to refer to a specialist when necessary. A good mentor to his students. Highly recommend!

flag | Submitted June 3, 2017

Dr. Dunbar has been my GP for 16 years since I was 8 years old. He is very patient and kind and has always done a good job of making me feel comfortable as a female with a male doctor. I have never had a problem being referred out to a specialist or having tests done that I have requested. He is willing to accomadate my desires to do things as natural as possible. Which is something I highly value in a doctor. The only downfall is that the front staff are rude and make you feel a little put off. But he more than makes up for them.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2017

I have been seeing Dr. Dunbar for 18 years. He is an excellent physician, approachable, kind, and willing to refer if necessary. He is usually a little bit behind but this can likely be attributed to him working with residents (which I support 100%). Unfortunately, most of the front staff are quite rude both over the phone and in person. I always feel like such an inconvenience. I am never greeted and no eye contact is made. Sad to see such a great doctor with such poor representation.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2017

After years of being a patient and tolerating waiting long periods of time and dealing with residents that means I am their "guinea pig" we were turned away for being 12 minutes late for an appointment...and the waiting room was empty. The office staff were extremely rude ...again... and this is not the first time the office staff have been aweful...a few years back they could not fit my children in to an appointment for a week despite telling them they were very ill and as a result they ended up in emergency and a ambulance ride to the Stollery!...

flag | Submitted December 19, 2016

I find it very strange that there are comments that Dr. Dunbar would refuse further specialist appointments and testing; in my experience, he has been nothing but incredibly accommodating in this regard. I've had constant fatigue problems for several years and Dr. Dunbar has sent me for every test I have requested and then some. I do agree that he struggles keep his schedule throughout the day but having been to other doctors, they are arguably worse! All this being said, I am very much not a fan of the staff.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2016

Not sure why I go. Just told that my symptoms aren't normal or that they are weird. Gets mad if someone else figures out your problems and even helps you less. Tried to get a new doctor but no one is taking patients.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2016

He was our family doctor for about three years before everything went in the toilet. The front staff have always been snarky and rude and neglectful...no news there. He runs constantly 30-50 minutes behind....even when you are the very first patient of the day! He used to listen to us and examine possible solutions, then after a few years, he just began writing out scripts for various medications and refusing to refer us to specialists for testing. He made several very serious misdiagnoses with our children that have permanently damaged them. After 7 years, we switched to a GP who actually cares about the root cause of your symptoms, not just treating the symptoms and letting the disease slowly eat away your body. When he was informed of his misdiagnoses, he got immediately defensive and denied that he had ever said that, even after being shown copies of medical charts that were transferred to a new doctor, where he had noted it several times, but not my repeated requests for referrals to specialists. He does not care about you as a person, just a dollar sign. Avoid this office like the plague!

flag | Submitted February 11, 2016

Dr. Dunbar is a fantastic physician, is approachable and knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2015

Dr. Dunbar has been my Family Dr. for a few years and was very approachable in the beginning but has steadily become less willing to listen to my concerns and unwilling to order laboratory tests which I have requested --- he claims they are unnecessary and adamantly refuses to order them. I am currently looking for a new Family Physician and wouldn't recommended him to anyone.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2015

Dr. Dunbar has been my family doctor since he came to Spruce Grove over 10 years ago. He is very professional, listens to what I have to say and talks to me as an equal. He is very knowledgeable and helpful. If tests that are performed do not show what the problem is, he refers me to a specialist to find the answer. He is very personable and I feel very comfortable talking to him about any issue that I have. I am extremely happy to have Dr. Dunbar as my family doctor.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2013