Ratings for Dr. Gihad Shabib

The office can be difficult to reach via phone. If you need to book an appointment or contact them EMAIL THEM. They have always answered me promptly when I have used this method! askus@origynsmedical.com

flag | Submitted March 13, 2018

When dealing with pregnant women and emergency expecting an on time appt may be unrealistic. Worth every minute I had to wait. Knowledge is unsurpassed.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2018

Due to my medical condition I have seen a ridiculous amount of gynecologists. My experiences s with Dr. Shabib have been by far the worst. He doesn't listen when I speak (and this is even when he has asked me a question). On one occasion he was completing an examination and suddenly I felt intense pain - he had taken a biopsy without consent or warning. On one occasion while I was in stirrups with the sheet positioned so my genital area was exposed he opened the door to the hallway which is where the foot of the bed faced. You can make up your own mind about seeing him - just keep in mind he doesn't seem to be great with consent and appropriateness.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2018

I had high hopes going in, because he helped me through a difficult time when I experienced loss. However, the care I received while I was pregnant was sub-par to say the least. The facility is modern and clean, very impressive. The reception staff were kind and caring, helpful when possible. Sometimes getting an appointment over the phone was difficult, being redirected many times and having them not pick up. The nurses were also okay. Friendly but on some days, not every visit. The lead nurse had some good days and some bad days. She has a lot of snarky comments and seemed to undermine my worries and concerns, making them feel unimportant and not worth her time. Now, about the doctor. He had no idea who I was at any appointment. The last trimester, he didn't realize how many times I'd been to the ER because of my impending pre-eclampsia condition. His staff also missed it completely, or didn't seem to care. The person who caught it was a doctor at the hospital, even though I'd been going to Dr. Shabib every other week and giving them urine samples. The last week of my pregnancy, he measured the baby and said everything was fine. I was the one who had to mention that my baby had not grown very much in about a month and that something was wrong. He had all my ultrasounds but it didn't occur to him. He booked me for an induction, which was successful. I had my baby and he was not present (this is acceptable, as I know this is a common occurrence for all doctors) but when he did arrive to see me, he did not recognize me yet again. This experience has turned me off completely from getting care from an obstetrician. Next time, I will be seeking care elsewhere.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2018

Dr. Shabib has been extremely helpful to me. The only thing that gets annoying is when I call the office, the wait time is either way too high or I have to leave a voicemail. I had a surgery (that made me extremely nervous) and Dr. Shabib was not only attentive (and knowledgeable) but on the day of the surgery, he held my hand until I was under (which was made me comfortable for 2-3 seconds before I was put to sleep). The only constructive criticism I can give, is the wait time on the phone and at the clinic. Ater that, I will NEVER change doctors. Dr. Shabib is IT for me.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2017

Office staff is horrible and their incompetence led to a very delayed cancer diagnosis for me. They never answer the phone or it is busy. I waited months for a 2nd (follow-up) appointment only to show up at my appointed time to find out the Dr was in Montreal. In the meantime I had ovarian cancer growing at a rapid rate in part based on the hormones he prescribed for possible endometrosis. Once properly diagnosed and referred to the General Gynecological Oncology program I was "fine" (after surgery, 6 months of chemo etc etc)but this office held up my treatment for over 6 months unnecessarily.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2017

Took my son to him for circumcision and he was great. Very gentle and fast.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2017

Thank you Dr. Shabib for saving me and my baby with the emergency C section performed in only few minutes! And thank you for taking the few seconds before the intervention to encourage me! Never met Dr. Shabib outside the surgery room but I'm looking forward to meet him again!

flag | Submitted November 27, 2016

Dr. Habib did a good job on my routine surgery. He was always helpful and informative about my operation. Yes, he seemed rushed doing his follow-up after the surgery. I suppose all doctors are.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2016

Disappointed is an understatement. He has no respect for people and their time. Then he comes in with a second doctor, made me feel extremely uncomfortable. And the staff had left early for the day. Unacceptable. I am behooved at the way he runs his practice. Making the patient feel comfortable should be a priority, which obviously it is not. Run! Dont see Dr. Shabib

flag | Submitted September 18, 2016