Ratings for Dr. Gihad Shabib

The best doctor in Canada and best staff specially great

flag | Submitted May 6, 2016

Great Doctor. Highly recommended. I really appreciated the care he delivered. A very pleasant man with great knowledge and experience. He really helped me get through hard times. I am forever in debt to this man. p.s. I really like the new place. Super professional.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2016

Unfortunately my wife was one of the patients he rushed through. Many complications after surgery, now, she is seeing another doctor, and has had more surprises that was caused by rushed procedures. This doctor, would be a good doctor, if he would see less patients. Concentrate on quality as opposed to quantity. This could have saved my wife a lot of unnecessary problems and pain. Not to mention lost time at work. Knowledge I gave a 2, not for his skills or knowledge as a doctor, but for poor judgment when it comes to how much time he spends with his patients, which affected his work, in my wife's case.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2016

I just started seeing Dr Shabib and love him. I'm having a complicated pregnancy and he is doing everything he can whether its explaining the littlest thing or helping me get a medication that is not covered on my drug plan. People who are complaining about wait time, well he's a specialist and good one at that. You might have to wait a little longer because he takes the time with his patients . I absolutely love him and will come back to see him if the opportunity arises.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2016

My wife has just had surgery with Dr. Shabib. The experience was simply an excellent one. His skill and knowledge is first class but, equally importantly, he has been kind, courteous, and caring during this worrying ordeal. We are so grateful. The previous review baffles us - perhaps it's a case of bad attitude in, bad experience out.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2016

I'm literally sitting in the office now and I will never be coming back. I have had a number of encounters with Dr. Shabib and his associates over the past few years and each experience is worse than the last. First of all he is so rushed that I don't feel an ounce of compassion from him or his associates. When I came in the office I today the 2 women at the reception desk were talking about a patient right in front of me. I should not know about anyone's personal health problems...apparently the women in front of me had a UTI. The receptionist was talking as if she annoyed by the women after the woman left. It made me feel very uncomfortable. The worst experience I had was when I had a couple of polyps removed from my Uterus. Dr. Shabib was the surgeon and when I woke up there was iodine all over my genital area. There wasn't any attempt to clean me up or to even offer me a cloth so I can wipe myself down. I felt so disgusting and uncomfortable. Lastly, I have been waiting for 45 minutes now for an appointment that was made last week. I am paying for parking while I wait and am missing work.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2015

A caring man who is clearly far too tightly scheduled, and can't really get the punctuality thing right... ever. Still, he seems like a knowledgable doctor.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2015

I've been Dr. Shabib's patient for a number of years. Although he is always rushed, he is very knowledgeable, and helpful... and very caring! I had surgery with Dr. Shabib and it turned out better than both of us expected! Very happy

flag | Submitted September 24, 2015

I have been very fortunate to have Dr Shabib as my Doctor since 2000. I first met him when I came in to QCH for emergency surgery & he has taken amazing care of me ever since. I had difficulty getting pregnant and very complicated pregnancies and he was there through it all. He has operated on me 4 times and without him I wouldn't have my 3 children and my improved health. He listened when no one else would. He even listened (and calmed me) when my fears got the best of me. Not only is he extremely knowledgeable and a very skilled surgeon, he is kind, compassionate and caring and will go out of his way to answer any questions you may have. This is why you will wait, he gives his patients his time when needed & sometimes gets called away for emergencies. I've had quick visits with him and I've had long visits, and no matter what it is, if I have a concern, he gives me his time. Bring a book and expect to wait, he is worth it. Last but not least, his staff. Greta and Carmen are the bones of this office and they work their buns off. I'm a pretty big fan of theirs. When I phone, I just say, "Hi Greta, it's Natalie" and even though I may not have called in a year and I know that they have a ton of other patients with the same name, Greta knows who I am. Carmen always has a smile on her face and is so sweet (and smart) and Greta is kind and always managing a ton of things while being fully professional. If you don't hear back from them, and it can't wait, call again...they have a lot of patients that have medical issues that are time sensitive and when you are a patient that really needs them, you will appreciate that they get back to you before the person whose question or appointment booking could wait. Thank you, Dr Shabib, Carmen & Greta for all that you do for your patients and for everything you did for me over the last 14+ years. Natalie S.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2015

I have tried to call for weeks and I always get a busy signal and if the phone does ring it goes to voice mail. The staff takes forever to return my messages. When you do finally get an appointment its unfortunate that i have to wait over 1 hr to finally see the dr. Dr. Shabib himself is great. I think he's nice and very smart. I feel lucky to have him as my doctor. I put up with his terrible staff and wait times as Dr. Shabib is worth it.

flag | Submitted May 29, 2015